Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;VhGD7DyhN5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGD7DyhN5Y[/video]

Needs to put a new album ASAP!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;8Sws1izKvjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sws1izKvjE[/video]

I still like the original more but this one is still BANGIN'

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;dUAQa8BuvFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUAQa8BuvFE[/video]

Ross actually did decent on the track but looks out of place with Wale killing it and Lupe probably having the verse of the year so far with so many clever double and triple entendres.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Amazing album that I like better than Sideline Story. I like how he kept the features to a low in this feature dependent hip hop landscape. The idea of keeping the guess only on the hooks was a great idea though I wish he would have made an exception on Forbidden Fruits and let Kendrick get in one verse. Let Nas Down is probably the biggest standout track

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
BMCjs66CMAE9KWd.jpg

:mark:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
black-hippy-shady-records.jpg

Kendrick-Lamar-Eminem.jpg

:mark: Also came across these images recently. Think the news piece is a couple days old. Wonder if Black Hippy will be teaming up with Em? Or if they already are on his upcoming studio album? I'd hope so but maybe they were only visiting as they were in Detroit.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Yeezus LEAK! :mark:

Might be my favorite album of the year so far, the beats are INSANE!

MizMasta4000

Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't care about Yeezus, Born Sinner and WMWTSO.

June 18 is Statik Selektah's day

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
No matter what album you care about on that day it is a good day for hip hop to have all those albums coming out the same day competing. Gonna check out Yeezus that just got finished downloading. Hopefully it is as good as I' am expecting it to be but not expecting it to be better to me than Born Sinner.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Happy Birthday to my favorite artist of all time.

[video=youtube;n6vlvKMHw8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6vlvKMHw8I[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;B--ZARCwSIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B--ZARCwSIE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jay better use every single one of those beats esp the first one and the one at 2:25 jesus christ.

Ryan

Reaction score
Listened to Yeezus and that shit is absolute trash. He already did the experimental thing on 808s and he did way better than this time around. The beats border on dubstep and the auto-tune is ridiculous. I don't think that album deserves the praise it's getting. Bound is the only good song; that's some old school soulful Kanye West shit right there and he drops the auto-tune on that one as well. Don't get me wrong either, I'm a huge Kanye fan: The College Dropout, Late Registration and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are all certified classic and Graduation had some classic songs too but Yeezus is trash as far as a hip hop album goes and I don't see it making the impact that 808s did. What bothers me is that it's a 10 track album that - as someone else already said - plays like one huge song and everyone is riding it so hard. Kanye is easily one of the greatest producers of all time, and I sincerely hope he hits the heights he hit on MBDTF on his next album if that's even possible given how his last album was the textbook definition of a perfectly produced album.

Born Sinner, on the other hand, is nothing short of great. I won't lie, I found myself looking for those beats that just go hard like Rise and Shine and God's Gift on Cole World but as far as lyrics and sound, I think Cole's grown. I'm really disappointed that Yeezus is getting so much more attention that Born Sinner even from hip hop publications. I really do wish, however, that Cole would start having other producers help him in the studio. On The College Dropout, Kanye produced almost every song by himself and the production was great, but on Late Registration, it was taken to a whole other level when he enlisted the help of Jon Brion and it's been on that level since (until this album, of course) and I think that's what Cole needs. I respect the hell out of him trying to do everything himself from the beats to the song writing, but I think it starts to all sound like one note after a while. I think if he wants to make that classic album, he needs to get other producers and maybe a couple key features.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
To me it is one of those albums that you're either going to hate or you're going to like. Doesn't seem to leave much room for you to have a in between. so I totally understand your gripe about the album since it isn't in actuality a hip hop album. I disagree about the "he went through his experimental phase" because every album has been that way. He always tries something new with each album so none of his album sound the same. Like I said though I can totally understand why some people don't fuck with the album because it is pretty far left.

I did enjoy Cole's album more though and loved what he did with keeping the few features he did have simply for hooks in this feature dependent rap scene. Do think he should have made an exception and let Kendrick have a verse though and let 50 do one of his entertaining outros on New York times at least.