Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Most of this stuff just reeks of kayfabe, manufactured beefs to give somebody some shine who hasn't been in the limelight in forever or never.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
E-40, Gambino & K.Dot were probably my favorites

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That reminds me Cassidy was awesome as usual but everyone else yeah I expected a lot more esp since I was hyped to hear Eve and DMX.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cyphers are getting weaker with every year, there is only one breakout segment and the rest are just lame as fuck.

Ryan

Reaction score
Last year, there where a few good performances. The whole Shady cypher just tore the fucking house down and then Kendrick, Tech N9ne and XV all had good performances. This year, the West Coast cypher was good as a whole. I thought it was just a chill performance and I also thought that Gambino was good.

This is probably still the best cypher I've heard for BET:

[video=youtube;FeZ-VkqzVzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ-VkqzVzI[/video]

Ridiculous combo.

EDIT: Screw that noise, that is the best cypher I've heard from BET. I still can't decide who went the hardest on that.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Last year, there where a few good performances. The whole Shady cypher just tore the fucking house down and then Kendrick, Tech N9ne and XV all had good performances. This year, the West Coast cypher was good as a whole. I thought it was just a chill performance and I also thought that Gambino was good.

This is probably still the best cypher I've heard for BET:

[video=youtube;FeZ-VkqzVzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ-VkqzVzI[/video]

Ridiculous combo.

That's pretty much what I'm talking about, there might be maybe one guy who stands out in a cypher segment, and one whole segment that is good, I can't sit through a whole show waiting for it, I used to wait for these like xmas time. Now I can't give two fucks about it anymore.

BET killed rap and I find it ironic they still have awards for music they no longer air.

Ryan

Reaction score
I never watch the BET awards because the nominees have blown hard the past few years. This year, I was glad Kendrick took home lyricist of the year but yea there was no killer cypher this year like that cypher I posted or the Shady cypher last year.

In other news, Gunplay is under arrest for armed robbery. I'm hoping like hell he gets a few years so we don't have to hear from his ass anymore cause he's one of the worst rappers on the scene today.

We also have this snippet from the soundtrack for RZA's movie The Man With the Iron Fists: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/kanye-west-white-dress-song.1028192.html. I'm thinking his production skills are going to be better than his directorial skills. Nothing wrong with a Kanye West song produced by him and RZA. Obviously, it doesn't get much better production wise. I'm looking to hear the whole thing and the rest of the soundtrack.

What do you guys think of Macklemore? His first album The Heist just came out.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
His name is Gunplay, armed robbery........Not a good name to use imo.

Like a Middle Eastern gentleman boarding a plane with the name Muhammed Blowupdatplane.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;We8Vgv9Fx8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=We8Vgv9Fx8g[/video]

:lmao I did like the G.O.O.D. Music cypher in 2010

Ryan

Reaction score
I did like the G.O.O.D. Music cypher in 2010

I agree, I thought about that after I made the post. G.O.O.D. did put out a good cypher.

Lol, 50 alone is like twice Gunplay's size. Why the hell would he pick a fight with 50 AND his whole entourage? Did he really think he had a chance. Was that mase being sprayed all over there?

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I agree, I thought about that after I made the post. G.O.O.D. did put out a good cypher.

Lol, 50 alone is like twice Gunplay's size. Why the hell would he pick a fight with 50 AND his whole entourage? Did he really think he had a chance. Was that mase being sprayed all over there?

Pretty obvious, 50 got a name on dissing everybody on "How to rob" and his name was on alot of rappers mouths, that gunplay guy trying to generate a buzz by doing the same.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah but that was a song, Gunplay isn't doing it with music just doing it by being a moron outside of it and doesn't have any good music.