High percent Paul Heyman will sign with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
SOURCE: Gerweck.net

TNA management are doing all they can to get Paul Heyman to debut at the Victory Road PPV this Sunday in Orlando. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that as of this weekend, those within the company believe Heyman is coming in and that the only thing left is for the sides to close a deal.

Heyman stated recently in an interview that he wanted a deal similar to what Dana White has with the UFC (full control of the promotion and a stake in the company) and doesn't want to be offered a low-ball deal that was given to Jim Ross not long ago. One of the things Heyman is insistent about in regards to TNA is the need for the company to revamp the product marketing.

At the same time, in the same recent interview with Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez during the UFC 116 weekend in Las Vegas, Heyman said he won't be appearing at the Victory Road PPV. The belief is that TNA wants Heyman to be the television leader of the ECW invasion group, although he has said he doesn't want to be involved as a TV character. Despite what he has said, there are many sources within TNA saying the deal is close enough to the point where Heyman has already started working on ideas and is at least willing to make a public appearance to let people know he is there on what would effectively be TNA hitting the reboot button.

CMS

Reaction score
Wait what? So are we supposed to ignore what Paul Heyman actually said and start believing he will in fact come into the company because sources from within the same company think he will come in? No shit they think he will come in, otherwise they wouldn't be negotiating. Heyman was really clear, he wants full control, and all I see TNA offering is an on air role to be the leader of some wash up ECW guys.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I seriously think that's what they want him to do. I face palmed when I saw Dreamer, Rhyno, Stevie and Raven come in the arena during the RVD match.

Kizza

Reaction score
It's too late Paul. TNA's a lost cause.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
If he comes in, this would be the smartest thing TNA has done by a wide margin. Eric is so out of touch today it's sad because he had potential, but his whole view on things is just sad, even though production wide he's still ace, and can be a valuable asset as a heel authority figure.

I think the other two and me have a lot in common though...their combined wrestling IQ and my age are the same number. >_> They're just laughable and need to go.

But anyway, like I said in another thread, if they give him what he wants, and gets rid of Hogan and friends, in six months people may be praising TNA instead of burying it, then the ratings go up and the company will benefit, which I hope happens as they have some truly talented wrestlers and good guys that deserve some spotlight.

Reaction score
If Victory Road comes and goes without any word of Heyman then what next? Hopes are getting high. Real high.

Colon91

Reaction score
if or when we hear news of russo being released then i'll believe it, heyman has said of his respect for hogan and how he respected what bischoff did as gm and creative writer with raw e.g. giving hhh the long title reign and push as the companies main man and main heel again

Reaction score
This won't happen. TNA won't give control to Heyman, they're too obsessed with Hogan and his old buddies anyways.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Nash got a DUI while he was the tag champ, X-Pac got Hepatitis, Morely was on a short term deal, and they found out how much of a fagot Bubba the Love Sponge was so he's gone too.

Reaction score
if or when we hear news of russo being released then i'll believe it, heyman has said of his respect for hogan and how he respected what bischoff did as gm and creative writer with raw e.g. giving hhh the long title reign and push as the companies main man and main heel again
Bisch wasn't involved in any creative in the WWE. He was just an on air talen, mainly as an ego fuck for Vince.

What old buddies? Nash, X-Pac, Sean Morely, BTLS, they're all gone.
I thought Nash was still around, you mean Hall got a DWI? He was just arrested for drunken, disorderly conduct.