HHH's sucess

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How many World Titles Reigns would HHH have if he didn't marry Stephanie?

• 7-9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 12+

• Total voters

MikeRaw

Well ya, I just wanted to see what people really think here about Triple H's success. People always say that he wouldn't be this good without Steph... But I want to see how people think he wold've turned out without her.
So, if he hadn't married Stephanie, and into the McMahons, how many world title's do you think he would have by now?
Vote in the poll...
You can't choose lower than 7, because by the time he married Steph, he already had 7 world title reigns.

I say 12. Because, until marrying Steph, he had 7 title reigns, in 6 years. That was BEFORE. So he has won 5 in 5 years since marrying Stephanie, so I don't see why he wouldn't have continued if he didn't marry her.

Vote in the poll, and post if you want.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
HHH has great mic skills considering the huge lack of it in the WWE. As far as wreslting ability, he has great presence and a great look, but he needs to learn some new moves. He has a very basic style of wrestling and he has been wrestling for quite a long time, he should have at least a few new moves. Over the past few months he has been pretty boring to watch wrestle because nothing that new can be expected. Hopefully, we will see him improve soon. Other than that, I have no complaints.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Oh and I think he would have had his title reigns regardless of Steph. He is one of the best wrestlers out there but to be honest it is also because of the lack of competition. No Stone Cold, no Rock, no Kurt Angle, etc.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ummm well he has kind of come to be their go to man whenever they need to take the title off someone else and that is probably because hes married to stephanie but i dont think he would have had some other feuds (DX vs mcmahons and DX vs Rated RKO) if he didnt have some creative power and he may have had another championship or 2 in there so i think 12 is about right or maybe more...

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
I think he was on his way to greatness with or without Steph... he's the total package... so 12 is reasonable for sure...

but, I don't think we can expect to see anything new out of him... unfortunately... but I think he's locked in, kinda the way Hogan was as his career wore on, and Flair, etc...

for cryin' out loud, the dude's got a way cooler song than the one he uses for entrances... and he won't even use it...

oh well... he's still cool...

heels unite!

Reaction score
i think triple h would have had some sucess but not 12 title reigns. i think about 9 if he hadnt married the princess. if a wrestler marries a mcmahon i think they will go far even if their jamie noble.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Ya, I think that is weak that he is just remaining at the same level like Hogan in terms of learning new wrestling moves and all. To be a deserving champion, in my opinion, you need to be constantly evolving. For example, Bret Hart didn't learn the sharpshooter until later in his career but it became his signature move and a fan favourite, triple H needs something new or else people will get way too bored of him. Hogan and Flair could get away with it because of their charisma and entertaining mic skills, but HHH is not on their level in terms of character.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
but I think HHH is still evolving, but with him, it's character wise. In 2005-early 06 era, he was the Game, the badass heel he was known for a while. and then he reformed DX with HBK, and he was a good guy, fun loving face. after getting injured, he came back as the King of Kings, and he was booked as the serious HHH and got back in the main event spot. He still is getting huge reactions from the fans, so I don't think there's anything he should change.

As for Mike's question, I would think that he would have less titles, but he still would be the star that he is today. But with as many title wins he's had, he's made a bunch of new stars too.

kingovkings

Reaction score
IMO he would have been in the region of 12 titles or there abouts, regardless of his marital status to steph. End of the day he is a good all round entertainer in the ring on the mic and promo wise, granted he ain't changed his move set in awhile but IMO i don't think he needs to because he has some pretty strong moves. But saying that he has added the cross face now and again. And as pointed out above his character keep evolving with the times even though his moves set doesn't. And i think thats more important than the move set. If as a face you are getting the cheers and the massive pop and if as a heel you are getting the boo's then at the end of the day you are doing your Job right and judging by the pop Trips gets he is doing his job pretty damn well.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
If the Rock or Austin had never quit, I think they'd both be loaded with wins which would take away from HHH.

My point is WWE gives all of the championship wins to the all around best in the company. WWE already knows HHH won't be wrestling forever so they're starting to build up the next guy, Egde. Edge has had 5 title reigns in 2 years. So all in all, HHH deserves what he's got, but WWE would favor The Rock and Stone Cold more. HHH was defaulted as the best. That's why HHH has had so many reigns. Blame Rock and Austin for it. Not his marriage.

MikeRaw

Also, I don't know how people have voted 7-9...
That means that they think he would've only won 2 titles in the past 5 years since marrying Steph, lol.. And I doubt it, seeing as he had 7 in 6 years before marrige...

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I CAN pick less than 7, since he got more than half of his titles while he was DATING Steph. They didn't just meet one morning and decide to get married later that day. Therefore, I abstain.

Travis40

I don't think marry Stephanie has helped him any...but it sure as hell didn't hurt him. HHH is one of the best wrestlers ever, he's great on the mic, and he can put on the greatest matches. I voted 12+ becuase HHH would still be at this point even if he didn't marry Stephanie.

MikeRaw

I CAN pick less than 7, since he got more than half of his titles while he was DATING Steph. They didn't just meet one morning and decide to get married later that day. Therefore, I abstain.

Technically you can, but that would be SOOO unrealistic.
He wouldn't get any leverage just for dating Steph, because if you know the hwole story, you would know that at first, Vince hated them dating. So clearly by just dating he wouldn't have nay leverage.
Seondly, any way you think, the fact is, he had 6 title reigns before even DATING Steph... That was 6 reigns, in 5 years. So if he had 6 before he even knew Steph, then in the following 6 years, the extra six he got isn't too much at all. So if you choose 7 or less, that means he would've won ONE world title since even DATING stephanie. That's just stupid.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
WWE is very very good at misusing/throwing away talent. It's not unreasonable to suggest that Triple H would have followed a similar path had he not married Steph.