HHH wants feedback from the internet?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ninjashoes

Reaction score
Look what that "fan oriented" programming got them.....a show barely has fans in attendance and nobody watching them.

To be fair TNA only started to really got good once the New York tapings started.

How are some unknown writers in the back better than fans? I mean what example can you give in recent memory of a really hot WWE angle that got over with the fans?

Daniel Bryan? Someone pointed out that his big push was all due to the fan movement. Since he has been gone, the slight momentum pro wrestling was getting died down quite a bit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like how you can't be on creative and not be a fan or know anything about wrestling and only use the WWE to pad their resumes.....Total Jim Cornette line about outsiders as if that actually means something.

Can we name one thing that wrestling fans suggest that are actually new ideas? All I see is alot of bitching about shit being predictable and offering nothing new but recycled angles from 10 years ago.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't know about that Deezy, I was averaging 4 star shows on SVR 06 GM mode so I think they should listen to me.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The last year or so WWE has been on a roll, so the creative team deserve credit for that. It is common knowledge that for a long time before that (and maybe even still) they have hired television writers who know little or nothing about how wrestling works, and the product did suffer as a result. I don't think it is a good idea to give the fans too much power, but I don't see the harm in taking the odd good idea off them.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How is it exactly "common knowledge" that WWE creative have no clue how wrestling works? Most of the guys who are interviewed by sheets seem to have a vast knowledge of this genre....Shit Court Bauer was a former promoter, Brian DeJoseph works in AAA Brian Lagana works in TNA.....look up their creative team over the years and you see that most of them already had prior dealings in the biz before they got hired by WWE. Common knowledge should be is not believing everything that is written about when it comes to wrestling sites.

Also, fuck the fans.....It's their job to work us, not the other way around. You don't go to some random guy and have him tell Wayne Gretzky how to shoot a slapshot, or go to Peyton Manning and tell him how to throw a football, tell Michael Jordan how to shoot jumpshots or tell Messi how to shoot free kicks.

Just because they've been watching this since they were kids doesn't mean they know how to do this.....would be like a die-hard Lakers fans taking over the team....it's rediculous.

Last edited:

ninjashoes

Reaction score
How is it exactly "common knowledge" that WWE creative have no clue how wrestling works? Most of the guys who are interviewed by sheets seem to have a vast knowledge of this genre....Shit Court Bauer was a former promoter, Brian DeJoseph works in AAA Brian Lagana works in TNA.....look up their creative team over the years and you see that most of them already had prior dealings in the biz before they got hired by WWE. Common knowledge should be is not believing everything that is written about when it comes to wrestling sites.

Also, fuck the fans.....It's their job to work us, not the other way around. You don't go to some random guy and have him tell Wayne Gretzky how to shoot a slapshot, or go to Peyton Manning and tell him how to throw a football, tell Michael Jordan how to shoot jumpshots or tell Messi how to shoot free kicks.

Just because they've been watching this since they were kids doesn't mean they know how to do this.....would be like a die-hard Lakers fans taking over the team....it's rediculous.

WWE writers are not Jordan, they would have to have a track record of producing gold in order to say that.

Right now the smart move is to start listening to fans. In the least it might cut back on garbage like the Bella Twins and mascots wrestling.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Listening to live audiences on what works and what doesn't is fine, because that's how you gauge if something is working or not....but, going to the IWC? Naw, that is what I would have a problem with....they couldn't get past themselves enough to realize their warped views on what should be professional wrestling isn't what a casual audience wants.

If it was, than maybe, now just maybe those arcade styled indy shows would get more than a web forums worth of people watching them live.

Also, I'd rather leave creative in the hands of people who are actually proactively creative, because some smarks online wouldn't know anything original, all they do is try poke holes in situations where there isn't any holes to poke and their ideas of originality is rehashing old storylines.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They should just focus more on people they know are paying for their product. Give little mini surveys or shit out during shows IDK, or may have some surveys on the Network about what they'd like to see.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Focus groups stifle the creative process.

WWE just needs to stop being half pregnant with their ideas and go back to just jamming shit down the throats of the audience until it catches on. That's the problem with modern day wrestling now, the fans think they should decide on what works or not.....It shouldn't be that way at all.

What if Triple H was given up on when his first title run flopped? Would he be where he is today? I don't think so. What if Rock was just cast aside because his face run didn't resonate with fans? It's their jobs to work the fans, not the other way around.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well I mean he obviously read my post about the Wyatts so I'm ok with it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Oh good gawd, taking ideas from internet mongoloids would just tear their entire company to the ground. I guess this explains why nXt have no grown up gimmicks and has a bunch of Chikara-esque shit going on there.
Explain the Chikara-esque shit that's happening in NXT?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Explain the Chikara-esque shit that's happening in NXT?
Vaudevillians, Emma, Bayley, goofy Jersey guys and the French guys and Tyler Breeze are the first things to come to mind.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
deezy some of what you are saying I agree with. But its not like anyone on here is suggesting them give a fan a job on creative. Just get some feedback, and maybe take the odd idea which they like. It would still be down to them what they accepted and how they used it. Also, on a basic level I think paying customers do deserve to be listened to. Without the fans there would be no WWE. Its the same thing as a shop getting feedback or any kind of business.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Without the fans there would be no WWE?

What about without the WWE, there would be no fans?

Such a funny argument to have, like their constant content providing is some mutual agreement, they provide, we consume. Somebody call the CEO of Apple and tell them we are the reason for their iPhones, or the CEO of McDonalds, without us, there would be no Big Macs.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Vaudevillians, Emma, Bayley, goofy Jersey guys and the French guys and Tyler Breeze are the first things to come to mind.
And you could find tons of similar characters to these throughout WWE over the years, so I don't see how this is any of the "internet mongoloids" fault...