HHH Speaks -

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...etwork-head-to-head-with-impact-thursday-more

- Triple H participated in a conference call from the WWE Performance Center today topromote Thursday's WWE NXT Arrival show. Here are highlights:

* He called it a great time to be a wrestling fan, talking about NXT being the future, Hulk Hogan returning, the WWE Network and more.

* He talked about how proud he is of the Performance Center and NXT. He talked aboutVince McMahon and WWE being so proud and trusting of NXT to let them have Arrival. He talked about Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn and predicted Cesaro will explode over the nextfew years.

* Both he and Vince are really behind NXT, which is why it's the first live special on the Network.

* He said the fans at Full Sail University own the NXT show, comparing it to something like ECW back in the day. He said Arrival feels like the NXT roster's WrestleMania and they are ready.

* He knows who the next big stars to come out of NXT are but can't give it away. He said it's hard keeping things a surprise any more and he likes to have more fun that way.

* He never thought WWE's talent development was in bad shape but realized it needed to grow. They will likely tour with live shows some more. He doesn't want NXT to go global but touring would help the talents.

* The conversation between he and Vince when Vince wanted Triple H to take a bigger role in the company was one that took place over a long period of time. He joked that it happened way before he got involved with Stephanie McMahon. He enjoys watching the behind-the-scenes process and felt like a "giddy dad" watching The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at Elimination Chamber. He said Vince had a huge smile on his face afterthe match and said, "Wow!"

* He said taking over WWE creative was part of streamlining the process because they want everything to match up.

* He praised the NXT trainers.

* He said the guys from the indies are doing great moves but they need to learn story telling and that slowing down and letting fans digest what's going on is important.

* They may do more live NXT shows on the Network in the future but right now they're focused on Arrival. NXT shows around the big pay-per-views like WrestleMania and SummerSlam are possible.

Really good hour interview. Most revealing thing is how he says he gets to have final say on NXT booking compared to the main roster where he pitches ideas and Vince makes the calls.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Trips is spot on about the Indy guys not knowing storytelling, you give the audience a million things you won't remember a thing. Liken it to a speed rapper like Twista to say a Kanye West, anyone remember a Twista line or a Kanye line more?

Quad

Reaction score
And who says Triple H doesn't know what he's talking about

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And who says Triple H doesn't know what he's talking about
Oh you know those guys who talk down to Jim Ross on Twitter acting like they know how to run a promotion better than a guy with 40 years of experience.

AF.

Reaction score
I think the future is in good hands with HHH. It'll take a while for Vince to leave, he's the real problem.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Trips has been doing a fine job thus far, and I expect he'll do great things for the company in the future.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I have faith that Triple H can do it because he has done wonders in NXT. I just think he lets personal believes get to him more then Vince did. Vince didn't hold grudges, and would take in someone who he completely despised if he knew money could be made. He would push someone who he hated if he knew they were getting over and could handle it.

I don't think Triple H is there yet. He seems to have his clique and if you're not apart of it, good luck getting any corporate backing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Trips admitted
I have faith that Triple H can do it because he has done wonders in NXT. I just think he lets personal believes get to him more then Vince did. Vince didn't hold grudges, and would take in someone who he completely despised if he knew money could be made. He would push someone who he hated if he knew they were getting over and could handle it.

I don't think Triple H is there yet. He seems to have his clique and if you're not apart of it, good luck getting any corporate backing.
he doesn't get to book raw or sd by his own admission, neither does Steph, they pitch things to Vince who handles final say. There's no middle man, trips just has authority literally over NXT where you see all these guys coming from and that is why arrival is so big for him personally

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Wait what? Trips has backed plenty of new guys, some have floundered and others have been pretty good. It was Trips that convinced Bruno to take a HOF spot that he wouldn't have before because of him and Vince's grudge.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Triple H holds grudges? Hogan anyone?

Mixing kayfabe with reality here.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If Trips held grudges then the NAO damn sure wouldn't have gotten a job in WWE after their VKM shit in TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not to mention burying him on ahem "shoot" interviews saying how much of a fucking idiot he is and Billy Gunn is going to kick his ass.

Quad

Reaction score
I feel like the IWC mixes kayfabe with reality most of the time

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Granted he's doing a fine job with NXT, but it's going to be a whole different ball game if and when he becomes the booker for one of the main shows having to deal with the ego's, ratings and all that shit he doesn't really have to worry about with NXT.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He isn't going to be a booker, he is going to oversee all pitches and puck and choose what to do, he is going to be the boss. And the buck stops with him, you think he is going to fold because some shit with an ego who probably hasn't done shit is going to faze him? He's been around with the likes of Goldberg, Steiner and every other big headed WCW guy who came in with egos. Besides that, overlooking nXt means those same guys are going to he on the main roster when he takes the reigns....pretty sure he'll be fine.