Heyman lashes out at TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Last night on Twitter, Paul Heyman went on a rant about the the way TNA has booked Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy in recent weeks. Heyman started off by writing:
"To answer all the questions, I will not be blogging on last night's TNA Impact. What am I going to say that has not been said already?"

A minute later, Heyman let it fly:

"Okay, I can't resist. How many times can u beat up RVD and Jeff Hardy and not give them a 'revenge-minded' interview afterwards? Heels beat up babyfaces. Babyfaces swear revenge. People tune in. Holy s---! The formula is not that f'n complicated, people!"

"I don't want any1 to think I am saying I know it all. I DON'T KNOW IT ALL. I still have a lot to learn. I don't know how to grow hair on top of my head. I don't know how to get six pack abs."

"BUT I KNOW THAT IF A HEEL BEATS UP A POPULAR BABYFACE, THEN BABYFACE NEEDS A CHANCE TO PROMOTE THE TIME AND PLACE OF THE BABYFACE'S REVENGE."

I agree with Heyman but he can't say much. Russo tried to bring him into TNA but he refused the offer.

CMS

Reaction score
He just doesn't wanna get involved with the business. That doesn't mean he can't call on the crap TNA puts on TV

1chiban

Reaction score
TNA get the simple things wrong - they don't need Paul Heyman to get them right, surely. He would be useful if they were decent but needed an extra kick.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Well Jeff Hardy does not really have that great of mic skills so putting him in a decent amount of time promo would probably give alot of people more to complain about towards TNA.

1chiban

Reaction score
I saw his and RVD's "promo" from last week. RVD's so laid back that he is never uncool. Jeff Hardy was as bog standard as normal. What really made me laugh was that he said people like the Band try to step on his head as he climbs the ladder towards... a title? Greatess? Nope, a PPV main event. Jeff. You were the most over face in the WWE and a World Champion to boot. You were already at the top of a much taller ladder. Idiot.

Reaction score
I agree with Heyman but he can't say much. Russo tried to bring him into TNA but he refused the offer.

Heyman should never, ever have to work under Russo, Russo is so far below Heyman in relation to who has accomplished more through creativity it isn't even funny. Heyman should be given the complete book or atleast a share of it with people he can work with. Foley and Heyman together would equal the best TNA product possible, I guarantee it.

LKP

Reaction score
Heyman has a damn point..... Tna is ok as an adult alternative to the wwe, but half the stuff they do does not make sense.... Idiots.

Reaction score
Well ever since RVD/Hardy have work for TNA this year, The Booking style for them has Been 2nd Rated.

For Instance Jeff Hardy Beat AJ Styles in a Non title match weks ago, Nothing of that has Happened. From my Memory WWE had Morrison Pinned Punk in a Non title then in 1-3 Wks Morrison got a World Championship Shot.

TNA at the moment are stuffing up too many of the little things within Booking in Which is Destorying the Big Things. Something that WCW was a Master at doing.

Reaction score
I don't know how to grow hair on top of my head. I don't know how to get six pack abs."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

TNA obviously won't take on board the advice of Heyman here because Dixie Carter seems to think that Vince Russo is a god of booking, despite Heymam obviously being right.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Heyman should never, ever have to work under Russo, Russo is so far below Heyman in relation to who has accomplished more through creativity it isn't even funny. Heyman should be given the complete book or atleast a share of it with people he can work with. Foley and Heyman together would equal the best TNA product possible, I guarantee it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I also think if Cornette and Heyman could stand each other enough to do it, they'd make a great booking team.

Doomsday

Reaction score
I miss Paul Heyman. He's better then Bischoff, McMahon, Theodore Long... anyone like that.
EXCEPT VICKY GUERRERO!

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Heyman has a damn point..... Tna is ok as an adult alternative to the wwe, but half the stuff they do does not make sense.... Idiots.

Even geared towards adults, it's ridiculous.

I lost count of how many times I heard 'bitch' being said. OHHHHH YOU ARE JUST SO EDGY.

Plus, a bisexual who squirts lotion on himself like cum, a transexual (Lacey) doing a useless striptease while wearing two bras, Joe getting kidnapped by ninjas......ridiculous.

King_Ash

Reaction score
This actually makes me laugh, because after hogan and bischoff I really thought heyman would be next, but oh well whats he got left? ECW.... oh wait no he doesnt.... well there is still McDonalds or KFC heyman maybe you can be GM of one of those?

Reaction score
Mick Foley referred to Heyman as a "mad professor" of wrestling in one of his books. I agree.

It's also interesting to see those that are staunchly opposed to bi-sexual storylines yet rave about ECW. This, the company, that had a lesbian love triangle, kidnapped and brainwashed children, making a holy symbol out of Sandman, SANDMAN! Get serious people.

I enjoyed the old ECW too but let's call a spade a spade and say ECW was pure trash.

Reaction score
ECW wasn't pure trash. It was the most revolutionary promotion of it's time. It discovered the talent that would lead wrestling to where it is now, names like Eddy Guerrero, Rey Misterio Jr., Chris Jericho,Chris Benoit, the Duddleys, RVD and many more plus it gave the fans reason to care about guys that were severely limited like Raven, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Tazz through insanely great booking that was symbolic of the times. And all the booking had a reason behind it, it made sense, it just wasn't for shock value, the only thing that was probably done was Sandman's crucifixion, that was wrong, but it did fit in with the Raven-Sandman feud.

ECW laid down the blueprints and discovered the talent that were both blatantly ripped off by both larger feds and made them millions. ECW also had great wrestling, the cruiserweight style first appeared in ECW, names like Malenko, Guerrero, Juvi, Rey, Psicosis and Jericho were tearing it down a year or so in ECW before the cruiserweight division started in WCW.

And everything great about ECW, making guys like Tazz and Dreamer look like superstars, and turning around the careers of Mick Foley and Scotty Flamingo, making a popular era of hardcore wrestling which both larger companies quickly jumped on, was solely in the hands of one man, Paul Heyman. His little company that could was selling more PPVs than TNA could dream of, had similar ratings with almost zero advertising and with a bad network relationship. ECW was not garbage, trying to justify a terrible gay gimmick going on in todays wrestling world, for no other apparent reason than "shock" value and then calling a promotion that was a bonafide success with a sleazy style isn't right. For the three things you brought up in an eight year history, 3 things can be brought up for TNA in the past 3 weeks.

ECW has a place in wrestling history, TNA is at best just a footnote, a modern day UWF, and not Bill Watts' UWF, Herb Abrahams' UWF.