Hey WWE, Boston Sent You A Message

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I agree with SP the most. Everyone, I mean everyone, wanted and knew Hardy was going to win the title. It was just how it was going to go down, but somehow he didn't walk out with the title and didn't even get the chance because WWE did some bogus ass storyline. I know it had to do with Edge, but they jerk Jeff Hardy up and down too much. He better win MITB this year.

MikeRaw

^Why would he need to win MITB? Ity's fairly obvious he is going to win the belt before WM.
I can't believe people actually think this is a way of screwing hardy. It's just building him up more.

xtremebadass

I don't think he'll win it before Mania. It's way too close now. Edge needs a decent reign and him losing it before Mania wouldn't fit. I don't think Hardy would main event Mania either, but he is the most over face in the whole entire company so I can be wrong.

The Rated R CMStar

Agreed. Hardy will not win the belt. If anything, and by some reason he does win the belt at Armageddon, it will only be to have Edge and Vickie screw him out and add more to their power going into their feud with Triple H.

BTW, the match wasn't bad. But people were down because they wanted Hardy in, and because Kozlov started doing slow offense, and people were already mad, they just went with the flow of chanting boring. It has nothing to do with HHH being stale, it's more of a Kozlov thing, I mean, the HHH vs Khali match didn't get that reaction.

BTW, the arena chanting TNA? It was more like max 10 guys trying to act cool and chanting TNA, only to then realize nobody but them were chanting alone and had no other choice but to shut up.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think people who are trying to make the point that this doesn't hurt Hardy at all are dilluding themselves. Now in order to give Edge a good title reign, Jeff is going to have to job another six times in title matches, and they are going to lose his overness. WWE screwed up another push of an up and coming star, and I will be shocked (yet relieved) if I am wrong.

The Rated R CMStar

Now that's bullshit. Really, if for some reason Hardy is not on the plans for a big title feud entering Wrestlemania or at leats a big profile match, he'll be winning MITB.

However, I am amongst those who think that Edge will reign up until Wrestlemania

RaBBiT MKV

Reaction score
I agree with you CMS. Edge will probably hold the title until WrestleMania, but against Hardy, I dont know. If anything, I would guess that Hardy and Edge will have a feud until Royal Rumble, but who knows. I'm a noob when it comes to guessing what will happen next. On a side note, I really wish that Hardy would stop doing that gay boy clap. If they are trying to make him look extreme, he needs to quit that shit.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Totally agree with you and boston. a lot of people say the reason they were chanting that is because they wanted hardy. if it was hardy on there minds im sure they would chant "We want hardy" but they chanted "boring" and even "TNA" for a bit.

Both kozlov and triple h are both boring. and i can't believe kahli and triple h actually put on a better match...thats sad.

Airfixx

a lot of people say the reason they were chanting that is because they wanted hardy. if it was hardy on there minds im sure they would chant "We want hardy"

They DID though and it was by far the loudest chant throughout the match.

if it was hardy on there minds im sure they would chant "We want hardy" but they chanted "boring" and even "TNA" for a bit

Peeps were wanting/expecting the Hardy-factor (incidentally, one of the most over guys in the entire WWE!) and thus saw a slow pace mat-based match as boring and proceeded to chant accordingly.

The TNA chant happpened once and as mentioned above it couldn't have been from more than about a dozen people.

Watched the PPV again last night and to be honest, the match wasn't that bad... Just not very exciting when compared to the prospect of a 3-way and it's subsequent no countout/no DQ rules and x-amount of additional spots from Hardy.

noumenon

WWE really did a lot with this match. As I believe Cenamark said...they completely changed the landscape of the Smackdown main event. So long as they don't put HHH back in the title picture as long as he's a face we've got a lot to look foward to. Edge is back...with the title. We've got a new "extreme" Jeff Hardy chasing the belt. We could see this thing spill over into Mania and have an amazing main event where we finally see Jeff capture the title. I think people are just so anal to see Jeff win the title because as everyone knows he's a bit "troubled" and on his second strike.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Remember the Fingerpoke of Doom? It too advanced the storyline and changed the landscape of the show, but you know what? WCW is dead now. People paid good money, and many of them flew to Boston, to see Jeff Hardy wrestle a match. It doesn't matter if the landscape changed, what matters is those people were ripped off by a bait-and-switch. Save run-ins and poundings for week to week shows. People paid their hard-earned money to see Jeff Hardy wrestle, and that's what they should receive. And besides, pay per views should be for matches, not weekly show stuff.

Also, like someone said above, why is it that up until this point Kozlov went berserk every match, totally dominating his opponents, but now up against the almighty HHH he's been reduced to a slow, boring mat wrestler? His match against Undertaker was pretty damn good, and he did his usual Kozlov stuff throughout. No wonder the fans were chanting boring, it WAS. Where's the Moscow Mauler mentality that got Kozlov up to this point?

noumenon

BeCuzz he IS teh GAYMEZ n U dunt wunt 2 play him!!!!1

If the didn't want to guy to look weak in a fuckin video game commercial do you really think they'd make him do so in a title match?

CenaMark54

Remember the Fingerpoke of Doom? It too advanced the storyline and changed the landscape of the show, but you know what? WCW is dead now. People paid good money, and many of them flew to Boston, to see Jeff Hardy wrestle a match. It doesn't matter if the landscape changed, what matters is those people were ripped off by a bait-and-switch. Save run-ins and poundings for week to week shows. People paid their hard-earned money to see Jeff Hardy wrestle, and that's what they should receive. And besides, pay per views should be for matches, not weekly show stuff.

I sort of agree with this. I liked the angle, but it should have been on free TV, not a PPV. Increasingly, the WWE has used PPV's to advance storylines. That's what the TV shows are for. The PPV's should be 100% matches.

Also, whats with the WWE using 1/3 of the PPV time to hype the matches? Seems kind of pointless to me. Everyone watching already purchased the PPV. And usually people who buy PPV's have an idea of what has been happening in the weeks leading up to the PPV. They could use that time to get some more midcarders on the card.