Hello there!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Who has more of a main event status?

Is Bobby Lashley or Batista more qualified to be main event material. I know, hard decision right?

Right now, I say Bobby Lashley, even though he sucks, I find him funny. He can't even say "no" right to Vince. He can't talk, but there is a bit of comedy in it. Batista is just way too serious and tries way too hard. Lashley has been doing some crazy stuff though, and working in a storyline with Vince may catapult him. Plus, on D or no D last night, Lashley said like 3 words, the man is a real piece of work. Who is more of a main eventer?

King_Ash

Reaction score
Bobby Lashley, even without the title is is more then Batista... how often is the WHC defended, like never... A world title used to be defended at EVERY PPV which it should. But Bobby is still a new guy there is room for improvment but your not going to be the best after a year, it takes time. Some people have it strait away and some people just need improvement. Batista should shut the fuck up and wrestle... 2 weeks in a row now he's done nothing but say hes not scared of Taker... who is, what is to be scared about getting defeated... big deal FUCK UP Batista.

circle

Reaction score
Right now its Batista b/c he is currently on Smackdown, and also ME at Raw. If Lashley does well in WM23 and beyond he would be the better choice. I would like to see Lashley develop a few more wrestling moves though.

phantomgerald

lashley. batista is too old and is clearly screwing up. give lashley time and he might become better

MeenSween18

Reaction score
im gonna say batista... because he's been there before, and gets a major pop... lashley doesnt have the... idunno... "it" factor that a main eventer needs

CenaMark54

As much as I hate to say it, right now its Batista. He is way more over than Lashley at this point.

Lashley needs to imporove greatly on the mic to be a legit main eventer in my mind. He's improved slightly in the ring over the last year, while Batista keeps getting worse each day.

Wrestling Station

I think Batista has more charisma and the "it factor" than Lashley does.

I agree with Mike, Batista has the 'It Factor'.
I just feel That Lashely is just another (Basham Brothers) but with different lookings. Meaning he is big guy but not a star at all.

The Punisher

Reaction score
It seems to me that Lashley really seems to want to make an effort to have a great a match as possible, Batista seems to have lost interest, or am I mistaken?

Wrestling God

Reaction score
It seems to me that Lashley really seems to want to make an effort to have a great a match as possible, Batista seems to have lost interest, or am I mistaken?

I think you are right about batista losing intrest you can see it in his performances in the ring. Batista does have better mic skills lashleys is virtual none exsistant. Lashley does work really hard i just personally don't really don't rate him. I would say batista has more of an ME status but only just.

Ox Baker

Reaction score
IT

If by using the term "it", you mean a lot of muscles,cool tatts, and nice suits you have hit "it" on the head. Those are all things you can acquire through someone else. The real "it" factor is something some guys are born with,some guys develop "it", and some can't overcome whatever anxiety they have about being the center of attention to allow "it" to work for them. Both of these guys are simply eye candy, more marketable than say...balls mahoney if ya see what i'm sayin. Well, batista has had WAY more time to develop "it", he also seems to feel he shouldn't have to work hard in the ring, the last few memories i have of him are him not displaying "it" in the ring, or on the mic. Lashley hasn't had a lot of time but is getting coached well and seems to want to work and improve but he has bad footwork sometimes and isn't always set for the spot, and he is not good on the mic as far as "it" goes. So i choose lashely, i think he'll give you a more entertaining match, i really don't care what he could have to say, i do say he's too goody goody, if i had him i'd give him a new girlfriend who was a black panthers daughter who would brainwash him, but that is too good for tv, right, i may have to check out be the booker after all.
Lashley rules
Batista drools
thik about it
03.jpg

CenaMark54

^^I don't think either have the "it" factor. Hogan, Austin, and the Rock have that extra something that makes them special. Batista and Lashley wouldn't be able to get over without protective booking and mega pushes.

You look at guys like Christian and Matt Hardy, they seem to have that extra something. They just have never had strong booking or mega pushes yet still connect with the fans. Matt Hardy could job every night for three years and still be over.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Batista gets bigger pops and is definetly would be considered more of a priority in the WWE's mind at the moment.

Lashley's better than Batista, but not by much.

None the less its still Batista who gets more regard at the moment.

The Irishman

Reaction score
Who has the better main event status? Batista, without a doubt.He's more over than Lashley, and most of the talent on SD.

Who is better is a different question. Lashley is certainly better in the ring,though he's still not great. He's not as slow and stiff as Batista. He is nowhere near Batista on the mic though. Ok Batista is pretty poor on the mic(i still get nightmares about that "How to deal with bullies" promo), but Lashley is horrible. He's so emotionless and everything he says seems forced.

It will be hard to take Lashley seriously though because of his voice. Now this is hardly his fault but he has not got a voice to match his physique. He has not got the 'monster voice'.