Heat on Cena and update on Rock's return

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The angle concerning lockerroom resentment for John Cena, as highlighted in promos from Jesse Ventura and Carlito, has some footing in reality. While the ill will was obviously exaggerated for storyline, a number of wrestlers do reportedly resent Cena's standing with management, a feeling that is attributed to either envy of his cushy position or disgust for his "company man" attitude, depending on who is asked. Sources say his public airing of grievances with The Rock, regardless of the fact that he was likely reading company-fed lines, did not help his standing with "the boys."

- It's been heavily rumored that Dwayne Johnson would be making a one-night return to WWE early next year as the special guest host of an episode of RAW. In an update on the situation, "The Rock" is saying he hasn't decided upon what day that would be. January, which was the time period primarily discussed with WWE, looks to be challenging and unlikely considering he's going to be so busy with the publicity campaign for his next movie, Tooth Fairy. WWE reportedly had their sights set on Johnson hosting RAW on either the 4th or the 11th.

On another note, Johnson is saying Tooth Fairy will be his final family comedy movie for a while as he's looking to move on to different types of roles. He said he set a goal three years ago to do family comedy movies for a while, but feels the time has come to explore other opportunities. The Other Guys, where Johnson worked with Samuel L. Jackson, recently concluded filming and will be out this summer. And once the publicity campaign for Tooth Fairy has completed, he'll immediately begin shooting his next film, Faster, with Billy Bob Thornton (scheduled for January 22, 2010). Hence, if and when Johnson returns to WWE, it will likely take place in March at the earliest.

While Johnson's saying he wants to return, he hasn't decided on what the best scenario would be, so he may not necessarily come back as the host of RAW.

The Rock is not returning at all. Let's just accept it.

Hometown Kid

While Johnson's saying he wants to return
The Rock is not returning at all. Let's just accept it

Okay...:rolleyes:

To be fair, even without any reports, I am pretty sure he's going to come back for a one-off or maybe more when his Hollywood star fades...which it is already starting to...>_>

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't believe shit about Johnson unless I see it. Reguarding Cena, he's really not liked in the locker-room? Who would have thought?

Reaction score
I hope the Tooth Fairy flops.

It will of course, because it's starring The Rock. He's following Eddie Murphy's career plan to a 'T'

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
lol @ your constant shots at Murphy. Was he your favorite actor at one point or something or did he do something that let you down?

MizMasta3000

Lol @ Cena backstage heat. They should really turn it into a storyline with SHeamus the leader of the pack.

As for Rock, we all knew that.

Murphy denied he was gay, Gates felt rejected

noumenon

He's already done two spots in WWE in the past few years, I really don't understand why people are so skeptical that he'd do another. Get of over it, no matter how shitty the guys movies are he's still making more than triple what WWE's highest paid talent are getting. Why would he pass up an oppurtunity to throw out some old catch phrases, not take any bumps and possibly build upon the success of his movie.
Don't be bitter smarks,of course he'll host RAW... just don't have the expectations it'll set up for any long term angles.

Reaction score
lol @ your constant shots at Murphy. Was he your favorite actor at one point or something or did he do something that let you down?

Nahh. He's just a perfect example, that's all. Mark Henry is like the "Eddie Murphy" of wrestling:

How he keeps getting work after all these years of constant disappointment is beyond imaginable.

Kaedon

Reaction score
People are jealous of Cena because he busts his ass and gets rewarded for it. Pathetic....

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
All this is saying is that our earlier bullshit report WAS Bullshit. We tried to speculate with 'educated guesses' but honestly we know as much as you do but we have kennedy's twitter!~ Thank you for reading both of our reports. Come back again! STONE COLD MAY WRESTLE AGAIN BY WRESTLEMANIA...MAYBE.

Lawl

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I can see where some of the other guys are coming from talking about Cena. He does put off this incredibly company man vibe but hey, why shouldn't he? He is the face of the company and no matter who gets mad he'll stay that way. He is the perfect guy for the role he's in and whether people like it or not he won't change.

The Rock rumors and 'reports' have been the same since he left how many years ago. I would love for the Rock to come back but his schedule is never seeming to open up. I do think he will have one last match, preferably at Wrestlemania, I have no idea when.

MizMasta3000

dude, btw check out ur Nic Stone sig its cool :)

As long as Cena isnt talking to the rest of the guys like hes so much better than them, he needs to keep making VKM happy