Heartbreaking Update on WWE’s Youngest Superstar- Drax Shadow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Via Pro Wrestling Dot Biz.

drax-shadow.jpg

Let me first say, this is going to be the most difficult piece I’ve ever written.

If you’ve followed me, or read any of my work, even minimally, you probably know the name “Drax Shadow” by now. If not, allow me to give you a brief background….

His name is Elijah Mainville, he’s nine years old and he’s a HUGE WWE fan. In fact, last year, he became the youngest person to ever sign a WWE contract, when Triple H and Stephanie McMahon invited him to Raw in San Jose, so he could not only meet all his favorite superstars, but also sign an honorary WWE contract. You may be asking, why him? Well, Elijah has been battling a form of cancer known as neuroblastoma. Throughout his young life, he’s relapsed several times and Triple H came across a video Elijah had on YouTube, during the search for Tough Enough audition tapes. In that video, Trips determined right away, Elijah was surely Tough Enough. With that in mind, Elijah and his family were brought to Raw, where Elijah introduced himself as his wrestling alternate ego, Drax Shadow and became the youngest WWE superstar of all time.

Needless to say, Elijah and his family have remained close with Stephanie and the WWE. Throughout his battles with cancer, WWE has been a constant source of escape from the grim reality that this evil disease offers.

Elijah’s mom, Melody, has kept a daily vlog channel going via YouTube, every single day, for years now. The good days, the bad days and the indifferent days, no matter what, she has been committed to uploading a video every single day. This has been the means by which we keep up with Elijah and his progress.

Elijah has been in Seattle, receiving care from some of the best doctors available, hoping to finally find a way to defeat this monster. After months of intense research and every single possible idea that anyone could’ve ever thought of, the doctors have reached a proverbial brick wall. At this point, they have basically exhausted all available options and at this point, it’s about improving his quality of life, rather than searching for a way to extend his life.

FB_IMG_1472351585921.jpg

So, after keeping up with the video updates, here’s what I can tell you. Elijah’s cancer has been spreading, vigorously. There is now a tumor on the side of his head, which is pressing against his brain, causing incredible amounts of pain. There has also been a new tumor discovered on his forehead as well, along with the countless other tumors throughput his body.

Folks, there’s just not much more the doctors, nor Elijah’s family can do. The doctors recently told Melody that Elijah may not even make it to Christmas. The goal now is to create as many good memories as possible. Also, Elijah has always had a dream of going to Hawaii. The doctors have told Elijah’s family that if they do want to make this trip a reality, it has to happen sooner than later.

A good fund me account has been setup to help Elijah get to Hawaii. If you’d like to help, visit www.gofundme.com/2j8wkzxt

Also, to keep up with Elijah’s status, go to YouTube and search for the channel “MomsVlog80.”

I wish I could bring happier news about Elijah, but the fact of the matter is that this is a very difficult situation and his family needs the support of the wrestling community.

Screenshot_20160827-213631.png