Hawaii girl finds message in a bottle from Oregon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
You HONESTLY want to sit here and try to list off established wrestlers as deserving the belt less than what'shisname? Yes. Shelton is in a tag team. But he's in a tag team that nobody cares about, and nobody would notice if it split up to create two singles runs. Johnny Nitro is a FULLY legitimate competitor. He took place in one of the best IC feuds in recent years (Though that wasn't a tough feat) with Jeff Hardy. No, he doesn't have as much charisma as Flair, but he still gets reactions. You also conveniently forgot to mention Kenny, Val Venis, Super Crazy, and Chris Masters. All of them are all curently doing.....well, nothing.

Okay so your now saying Chris Masters could be a IC champ? Yet he obviously has been dropped since well he's not good, and the Masterlock has been broke, which is a sign WWE doesnt care about him. Super Crazy, he'd be fine as champ, but they chose a different path, I dont know why, either guy would be good but if they really like Santino and wanna push him, this is a great way. Venis...okay you gotta be kidding me, hes low low card, theres no way. Kennys been shit on. Nitro would be a stale champ. He's been the champ like 3 times in the past 6 months, and cannot put up a promo. It would just be so boring if he was champ, and really no point now. And Shelton breaking up from WGTT...so now your trying to come up with something that hasnt. By you saying he could just break up doesnt give me a good reason as to why he shuld be champ when he's still in the tag team. Until he actually does break up he cant be a canidate.

thatdamgood

Reaction score
This is really good and was well thought out and put together

I see con's for this move and pro's for this move here they are

Pro's

1:Bring's in a good talent who actually worked the match well,if he can speak good english,has charisma he will do ok
2:Allows Umaga to get out of the intercontintal Championship this is good because it means they can re establish his major heel gimmick and move him away from VKM

Con's

1:Won it on italin soils,will the amercain Crowd warm to him or will he be a big flop?

3lions

Reaction score
Giving The Intercontinental Championship to a 'fan' in storyline terms is a disgrace to the title. Everyone knows it may not be as prestigious as it once was, but nevertheless, the title deserves more respect than that.

I don't care how talented the guy may be, he is a 'fan' in storyline terms and should not have won the belt that way. If he is so good, then why not run promo's for the guy and have him actually earn his way to the title? How about that for an idea? But nooo.

Another issue I had with that segment/match. Umaga is supposed to be this unstoppable monster, yet once the match was over, this new guy didn't sell the beating at all and was running around like nothing had happened. Nice job of making one of your top guys look credible, Vince.

I hate everything about this title change and don't accept it. You get guys who work their asses off for years and years, with unbelievable talent, yet achieve nothing in WWE and are considered jokes. Yet this guy comes in, poses as a fan and wins the IC Championship? Gimme a break.

Wrestling Station

Vince is making fun of the IC title! dont tell me that he will vacat the title?

In my opinion, Umaga will lose his push soon due to what im seeing these days.

Axis

Okay so your now saying Chris Masters could be a IC champ? Yet he obviously has been dropped since well he's not good, and the Masterlock has been broke, which is a sign WWE doesnt care about him. Super Crazy, he'd be fine as champ, but they chose a different path, I dont know why, either guy would be good but if they really like Santino and wanna push him, this is a great way. Venis...okay you gotta be kidding me, hes low low card, theres no way. Kennys been shit on. Nitro would be a stale champ. He's been the champ like 3 times in the past 6 months, and cannot put up a promo. It would just be so boring if he was champ, and really no point now. And Shelton breaking up from WGTT...so now your trying to come up with something that hasnt. By you saying he could just break up doesnt give me a good reason as to why he shuld be champ when he's still in the tag team. Until he actually does break up he cant be a canidate.
Yes, some have been shit on, but at least they're established. What makes us think this guy is going to get ANY reaction in Atlanta, Georgia? Mussolini would get cheered in Italy, but that doesn't make him a good guy.

Venis HAS been champion in the past, and given him a 2-month push to reestablish him wouldn't be a bad idea.

As for Shelton, I just gave you a reason he should be champ, but seeing as how it proved you wrong, I can see why you ignored it.

Discounting Crazy because “they went a different pathâ€￾ basically tells me that you admit it was a good idea, and easily could have done.

Kenny went through a pretty long program with Flair and came out looking strong. He hasn't done anything since. That doesn't, in any way, mean he was "shit" on.

Nitro MAY be stale, but it depends on who you ask. But since when does stale mean illegitimate? Making some "un-stale" takes 2 weeks tops. Hell, Nitro could have turned on Melina and turned face.

Carlito or Flair could have even won the Intercontinental Championship while remaining in a tag team. That would even add some strife between them, and make the split-up mean that much more.

The bottom line is there are many, many possibilities for this to have gone down. They could have picked from a list of established stars, but instead they went with the guy in the stands. Whether you look at this in kayfabe, or out, it’s freaking stupid.

This whole situation really bothered me in how it treated the Intercontinental Title. When Vince asked anybody to come out, and put the IC Title on the line, they should have had practically the entire roster (minus HBK, Edge, Orton, and Cena) come out to contend. So, nobody is willing to go through a challenge to get a belt? Winning a championship is supposed to mean dying in order to win it.

Truth

Reaction score
Yes, some have been shit on, but at least they're established. What makes us think this guy is going to get ANY reaction in Atlanta, Georgia? Mussolini would get cheered in Italy, but that doesn't make him a good guy.

Venis HAS been champion in the past, and given him a 2-month push to reestablish him wouldn't be a bad idea.

As for Shelton, I just gave you a reason he should be champ, but seeing as how it proved you wrong, I can see why you ignored it.

Discounting Crazy because “they went a different pathâ€￾ basically tells me that you admit it was a good idea, and easily could have done.

Kenny went through a pretty long program with Flair and came out looking strong. He hasn't done anything since. That doesn't, in any way, mean he was "shit" on.

Nitro MAY be stale, but it depends on who you ask. But since when does stale mean illegitimate? Making some "un-stale" takes 2 weeks tops. Hell, Nitro could have turned on Melina and turned face.

Carlito or Flair could have even won the Intercontinental Championship while remaining in a tag team. That would even add some strife between them, and make the split-up mean that much more.

The bottom line is there are many, many possibilities for this to have gone down. They could have picked from a list of established stars, but instead they went with the guy in the stands. Whether you look at this in kayfabe, or out, it’s freaking stupid.

This whole situation really bothered me in how it treated the Intercontinental Title. When Vince asked anybody to come out, and put the IC Title on the line, they should have had practically the entire roster (minus HBK, Edge, Orton, and Cena) come out to contend. So, nobody is willing to go through a challenge to get a belt? Winning a championship is supposed to mean dying in order to win it.

Okay well I didnt ignore your point on Shelton, I said it just cant be done since he's in a tag team, and you saying he could just break up isnt a valid reason if he hasnt broken up yet.

Nitros stale, and the whole part of stale is nobody likes/cares about him anymore. He could turn on Melina but, well Im speaking for myself, I wouldnt give a shit. Hes a boring champion and hes just got talent, no charisma, plus he's much better in the tag team with Mercury and they should stick with that tag team since Nitros singles career has gone down hill.

Carlito and Flair wont be winning the title. Flairs old and doesnt need it, Carlitos in the dog house.

And yes I did say Super Crazy would be fine as a champ so dont try to act smart like you've disected my whole paragraph, I actually did say it.

Kenny could very well be champ, but why would he come out to challenge Umaga(both heels) and if he did how would he win it? You cant have Lashley helping a heel.

I dont see a problem with this, damn its just a title and its not like he beat Umaga fairly.

xtremebadass

im gunna love to see the reaction by the US towards this guy, it's gunna get a cena reaction

Soulpower

Giving The Intercontinental Championship to a 'fan' in storyline terms is a disgrace to the title. Everyone knows it may not be as prestigious as it once was, but nevertheless, the title deserves more respect than that.

I don't care how talented the guy may be, he is a 'fan' in storyline terms and should not have won the belt that way. If he is so good, then why not run promo's for the guy and have him actually earn his way to the title? How about that for an idea? But nooo.

^^This... He could have come out from the back and say he was a wrestler from Italy, even that would have made more sense. But to basically say, the IC title is so easy to win that even a fan can win it with ease. Another thing that hurt is that no one backstage wanted to challenge for the title. I understand that Umaga was the champ and he's this big monster, but the way I see it is that the IC title is so worthless than no one in the back wants to win it.

I've seen people saying... But Carlito won the US title in his first match! True. But he was hyped up for weeks and we knew he was a wrestler, Santino just showed up with no fanfare and won the title.

Truth

Reaction score
Well the mistake they made is saying he has only been practicing wrestling from living in Canada, atleast they could have said he was a sambo champ or something since his video Montana posted before was sambo, and I'm expecting/hoping he uses that in the ring.
This doesnt really mean that the IC title is so worthless even a fan can win it, remember now Santino was gettin hiss ass kicked until Lashley came down and cleared house, so yeah maybe they made the mistake with the fan, instead I woulda had Santino walk down teh ramp when Vince called out everyone, Vince asks who the hell is this guy, Santinos clips show up on the tron and then he fights Umaga with Vince and AEA jumping him, then Lashley doing the run in and such.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii (AP) - A 10-year-old Oregon boy scribbled a note on binder paper, stuck it into a bottle and tossed it into the ocean. A year later and 2,000 miles away, a 9-year-old girl exploring a Hawaii shoreline found the bottle floating in a tide pool.

Since then, the two children have been exchanging emails and plan to become pen pals, West Hawaii Today reported Monday.

Thomas Craig, now 11, of Silverton Ore., told the newspaper he hadn't thought much about his message in the bottle he threw into Winchester Bay during a family fishing trip until he recently received an email from Trinity Ballesteros, of Kailua-Kona. "I couldn't believe someone had found it. I was shocked," he said. "When I threw it overboard, it hit the top of my grandpa's boat so I thought it broke and sank. The chances of someone finding it seemed like a once-in-a-million type thing."

Trinity was beachcombing along the shore in front of the Queen Liliuokalani Children's Center in Kailua-Kona when she spotted the old fashioned-looking bottle. "My first thought was what if someone is really in trouble and they're sending out an SOS," she said. "Would I even be able to help? Were they lost at sea or stuck on a deserted island? Were they even in Hawaii?"

Surrounded by friends and family, Trinity opened the bottle and found the letter, which read, "Dear finder of my message, My name is Thomas and I live in Oregon. I'm ten years old and this week I'm salmon fishing deep in the ocean. I would like to hear from you."

Thomas asked for a response and included his mother's email address. Because the email address was difficult to make out, Trinity, with help from her grandfather and parents, sent a message to several different email addresses about two weeks ago