Have you've been to a WWE RAW show live ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I have twice but they were a long time ago, I haven't seen the new stuff yet other than what's on TV but when I was there that was during The Ruthless Aggression Era back when RAW used to have the "Across The Nation" song by Union Underground as their theme song before every episode, so I missed the Attitude Era in real time (even though I did see it on TV). That was the first time I ever went to a real show. It was definitely different from what was on television, the audience is much louder and I could hardly hear anything, the music and pyrotechnics scared the shit out of me. That was when I was 10 years old and was about to turn 11 so it was 2003. There was also no color commentary from Jim Ross or Jerry "The King" Lawler during the wrestling matches or the promos in the ring or backstage in between matches or before one, so that was weird. The only thing you can hear is the crowd, the music and the fireworks (which I already mentioned above) or when the wrestlers talk on the microphone or when the ring announcer says the wrestlers name during their entrance. The venue was in Long Island at the Nassau Coliseum (the old one before they rebuilt it). The second time was in 2007 at Madison Square Garden, which was the same as the one in 03 except that one had a Saturday night show taping when RAW was over at 9:00 pm (RAW was taped two hours earlier than the other one from Long Island which was live). So to see two shows in one night was very nice. The problem was on both occasions, I couldn't see what was happening in the ring because me and my family members sat all of the way in the back of the arena, so we had to look up at the monitor on the ceiling to see what was going on (except when the wrestlers came out and all you can see is their music video) or the titantron set, if you titled your head to the side and I couldn't even see that most of the time. But I didn't care, I was happy to be there regardless.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Close enough. I was at a live show, but it wasn't aired on RAW, just a snippet of it. When Austin got hit with a shovel the week before the live show, he collapsed during a match with Undertaker that very next week. I was right behind the area where Austin was taking his break with a referee.

Same thing with Summerslam where Austin and Angle went at it. Sunday Night Heat aired fans outside where the food/popcorn stand was. I was right there, trying to get food or a product, cameras came, and I waved. I was trying to record it, but was too late for it. My brother saw it, though.

Both were San Jose. I'm the male Bayley. ;)

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I have only been to one show. I can't remember what year it was, I think 2010/2011. I just know the show ended and CM Punk and John Cena were acting like morons in the ring lol

Reactions: jminter2698

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Yes, 2016 the night after Survivor Series... Last time i'll go to a wrestling show.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
Only a live show in 2014, it was funny seeing Mizdow do his thing...

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Would much rather attend an unaired live show.

No hard camera taking the focus away away from the audience, and no TV storyline.

Just wrestling and interacting with the crowd. Typically in smaller venues with better seating and visibility. Not to mention cheaper.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler