• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

have an opinion of edge?

monkeystyle

Regarding Edge having a long run... 3 words...

'Taker At Mania.

It would be cool to see Edge have a long run, but the only likelyhood I see of this is if he somehow loses to Taker at Mania then screws him out of the title in a rematch and THEN sees out a 6-12 month reign.

It would do so much more for Edge's reign if he beat Taker at WM. I actually see Undertaker being moved to Raw this year in the draft so a Mania loss is possible, though unlikely. Which pretty much blows.

The A-man

I don't understand why everyone is bashing the Edge/Vicky storyline so much. From what I see, Edge doesn't need Vicky. If anything al he's doing is buttering up to someone who is the most powerful person of the Smackdown! brand. Think about it: if Edge has Vicky wrapped around his finger that well then that instantly makes even more of a more dangerous heel than he already is.

Edge is clearly one of the best heels in a long while, especially back on RAW (and hopefully on SD!). Hell, he just may be one of the best heels ever in the company.

monkeystyle

I don't understand why everyone is bashing the Edge/Vicky storyline so much. From what I see, Edge doesn't need Vicky. If anything al he's doing is buttering up to someone who is the most powerful person of the Smackdown! brand. Think about it: if Edge has Vicky wrapped around his finger that well then that instantly makes even more of a more dangerous heel than he already is.

This is true, however I think that there were other ways to accomplish this without me having to watch them swap spit on TV.

The A-man

Well, I guess thats just the writers wanted it go. I swear, I wanted to rip my eyes out and beat myself to death with them the first time I saw that happened. As to how Edge went from having " hot, torrid sex" with Lita to "kissing" (while praying his character doesn't go up in smoke) Vicky is one hell of a swerve.

But yeah, Edge is too awesome of a superstar to receive any flak for something like that. I'm still watching and waiting for him to become the new tried and true ruler for Smackdown!

Dylanfsd

Edge is a huge heel. Him winning the WHC was the greatest thing ever! And him winning it again totally owns. Not to mention the Edgeheads by his side, Smackdown is looking better, and Edge and his new Fraction could be the next Evolution... you never know.

ice_edged

I dont really like edge and vicky kissing (and maybe tv sex celabration) ..but anything besides that makes this story really good.... Edge&Edgeheads and micky are good as major heel faction on sd right now

Conc3pt

As a heel, yes. Edge is excellent on the mic and can really piss a crowd off at his command.

However, I've never really been all that impressed with Edge's ring work, especially these last 3 years or so. I can't think of two really great matches Edge has been in (feel free to correct me).

Nancy Di Loreto

As a heel, yes. Edge is excellent on the mic and can really piss a crowd off at his command.

However, I've never really been all that impressed with Edge's ring work, especially these last 3 years or so. I can't think of two really great matches Edge has been in (feel free to correct me).

The Fatal-Four Way from Backlash '07, and basically every TLC has been in. Not into high spots? Why not try him & Mysterio vs. Benoit and Angle from No Mercy '02! A ***** affair! :licklips: