Has Stacey Dash Been Fired?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Has actress Stacey Dash been dropped from VH1’s breakout hit series “Singles Ladies? Well, according to InTouch Weekly and entertainment journalist Jawn Murray, the answer is Yes!

Murray
tweeted the news earlier this week and said he had personally spoken to several actresses who went in for an “emergency castingâ€￾ for Stacey’s role as upscale boutique owner Valerie “Valâ€￾ Stokes.

InTouch reports that Queen Latifah, who is the show’s executive producer,
made the decision to fire Stacey personally, citing the actress’ inability to get along with fellow castmates and crew.

A VH1 publicist only added fuel to the fire by
releasing a statement that was anything but a denial: “No casting decisions have been made for season 2 of Single Ladies yet.â€￾

So what does Stacey have to say about the rumor? “Well, not much. She did however
tweet this statement on Monday- which sounds a lot like a woman who knows she has a job to return to in the fall: WELL? Fantastic, right? Isn’t the writer brilliant? Can’t wait to see what Stacy Littlejohn has in mind for Season 2! 1 more hour here in LA.â€￾

“Single Ladiesâ€￾ made its premiere on VH1 in May and has averaged nearly 2 million viewers an episode- making it the channel’s second highest rated series- right behind “Basketball Wives.â€￾

Kairi

Reaction score
Actress LisaRaye McCoy decided to interrupt her Italian vacation to release a statement, via her official Facebook page, denying any culpability in the supposed firing of fellow “Single Ladies” actress Stacey Dash.

“As everyone knows I am in Italy vacationing. I was just made aware of the lies that are being spread by blogs who like to create false stories. I was not even aware that Stacey Dash had been fired from Single Ladies. Furthermore if she has been fired that is a network decision. I don’t have the power to get her fired nor do I have any beef with her. Now I’m going to continue my vacation.”

Stacy Littlejohn, head writer for “Single Ladies,” also defended LisaRaye via the actress’ Facebook page.

“LisaRaye is a very strong woman and we love her, but she does not have any kind of power, nor at any time did she seek to influence any casting decisions. Furthermore, no cast member of “Single Ladies” has the power to get another cast member fired. The 6th grade back-stabbing that LisaRaye is being accused of is completely the creation of uninformed, instigating internet gossips. Please don’t buy into it. Let’s just celebrate that we have a Season 2 coming !!!!”

LisaRaye first
responded to the rumors of Stacey being fired earlier this week. Posting the following to her Twitter page: “Regarding the rumors swirling around “Single Ladies” all I know is that we’ll be back with Season2 and I have no knowledge of anything else.”

No doubt the rumor is probably true, as Stacey hasn’t
tweeted since the show’s finale and has released no official statement denying the rumor.

On a personal note, Stacey is the show’s star and I cannot see anyone else possibly replacing her. Plus, who but Stacey could pull off her killer wardrobe?

Kairi

Reaction score
Elise Neal and “Single Ladies” actor D.B. Woodside are gracing separate covers of the September issue of Denim Magazine.

It is interesting that Elise would be chosen to partake in a double cover with D.B., mainly because her name has been thrown around as a potential replacement for
Stacy Dash, who is rumored to have been fired from “Single Ladies” after the first season.

Elise also has a previous relationship with VH1, the channel that produces “Singles Ladies.” Back in 2009, the actress, along with
Melyssa Ford and Claudia Jordan, were working on a reality show for the channel titled “Single, Sexy & Starving.”

So, could Elise take on the role of Val and be believable? Only time will tell. But let’s all be honest… the show isn’t exactly known for having a stellar cast of female actors.

If Elise can fit into Val’s killer wardrobe, I say she gets the job.

Kairi

Reaction score
So, it’s official. Stacey Dash’s stint on the hit VH1 series “Single Ladies” is officially over.

Truth is, we knew this weeks ago when word first came down the Twitter pipeline that an
emergency casting session had been held in order to find a replacement for Stacey’s role as Valerie Stokes.

However, because neither Stacy, VH1 nor anyone else affiliated with the show would come clean about the situation, many people were left to simply speculate.

All speculation however ended moments ago when Stacey released this statement:

I truly enjoyed playing Val on ‘Single Ladies’, but I have decided to leave the show. I have to be back in L.A. with my children right now and the ‘Single Ladies’ shooting location makes that impossible. I wish VH1 the best of luck with the show and in maintaining the strong fan base we developed in season one.

VH1 soon followed with a statement of their own:

VH1 respects Stacey’s decision and her commitment to what she feels is best for her family. We thank her for all of her hard work in making ‘Single Ladies’ a success right out of the gate, and we wish her nothing but the best in her future plans.

So there you have it. All sides claim the decision for Stacey to leave was amicable and that decision was hers and hers alone.

Kairi

Reaction score
With Stacey Dash’s role as Valerie Stokes on VH1’s ‘Single Ladies’ officially up for grabs by every black actress in Hollywood, is there any wonder rumors of those possibly ready to take her place are flying left and right.

Last week I posted news of 41-year old actress Elise Neal possibly taking over the role; and now this week we have news that 30-year old actress Meagan Good may have officially been offered the part.

Meagan, known primarily for her roles on the big screen (Eve’s Bayou, Stomp the Yard, Jumping the Broom), has also dabbled in a bit of television over the years, most recently wrapping up a stint on BET’s revamped version of ‘The Game.’

No official word has come down from VH1, Queen Latifah (Executive Producer) or the show’s head writer, Stacy Littlejohn. However, if rumor that the actress hired must have the ability to pull off Valerie’s now epic wardrobe are true, we think Meagan may just have this role in the bag.

Kairi

Reaction score
Meagan Good as ‘Val’ on Single Ladies?
Nope!
False Alarm.
It looks as though Meagan Good hasn’t been contacted to take on the role, nor is she interested. She tells the website, Global Grind, that despite being a good match for the role, she’d only be interested in being a recurring character if the show’s producers were to contact her:
“They haven’t contacted me..and if they do I’d only be coming on as recurring, (like I was on The Game)..I’m not ready to be a regular on a show, although I am developing a show myself I might star in.”

Read more: Meagan Good Shuts Down VH1 Single Ladies Rumors: “[They] Haven’t Contacted Me” | Necole Bitchie.com