Has Smackdown replaced Raw as the premier WWE show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Although Raw is showcased and promoted more heavily by the WWE, is it safe to say that Smackdown is a much better product, has better storylines and matches, and is about equal when it comes to talent?

Maybe Raw and Smackdown should switch nights and see what it does to the ratings.

seX-Power

Reaction score
nah, raw is better recently from what I have gathered.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Smackdown will never be the flag ship show unless WWE purposefully makes it so, and the only way I would predict that happening is if every network available to WWE refused to pick up the show, which would never.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Although Raw is showcased and promoted more heavily by the WWE, is it safe to say that Smackdown is a much better product, has better storylines and matches, and is about equal when it comes to talent?

Maybe Raw and Smackdown should switch nights and see what it does to the ratings.

It would appear you think it is.... Care to expand on that?

TBH, the main thing that SD has going for it is a nice midcard that can regularly churn out good quality 10-15 min good ol' fashion wrestling matches. ME has a severe lack of depth and (up until Kane won it) the WHC was being treated like dirt.

Albeit in a PG stylee, Raw is as good as I can remember it in years (save for the top quality HBK fueds with Jericho & JBL).

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Wow, I STRONGLY disagree about SD being better than Raw. The Punk/Nexus angle has made Raw far superior. I am almost bored to tears when I watch SD every week.

seX-Power

Reaction score
The Punk angle looks pretty shit tbh. An awful stable with a great leader that will inevitably get squashed by Cena.

...god...

Reaction score
Agreed.. I really wish they woulda just done Punk vs. Cena. Maybe bring back wrestlers/heels from his past to fit in to the story. Cuz I HIGHLY, highly doubt and almost sure that they won't face at WM. When was the last time Cena was not in the fucking main event title match at WM? Unless they conveniently give Punk the title. Otherwise, I'd rather see Triple H/Miz for the title and CM Punk/Cena.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I could actually see Punk getting the title at EC, to go along with Barrett winning on SD.

1chiban

Reaction score
Heels rarely win feuds so I wouldn't be surprised or necessarily that upset if Cena wins. If they give us a decent match tonight then that's what matters.

And SD! has been awful recently - The weeks on end of Kane coming out first to promo about the Undertaker sent me to sleep and the Edge-Kane feud was diabolical at best. At least Smackdown has Ziggler and Del Rio. Now that Kane isn't in the main event picture it's already been ten times better.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Smackdown has a great midcard, although they're being wasted. Forget Swagger and Ziggler; feud Kofi with Cody or Drew. I still think he should defeat Kane at WM for the IC title though.

1chiban

Reaction score
What do you mean by forget Swagger and Ziggler. They're the two best midcarders!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The WWE needs to let Swagger go on a 6-month reign of making EVERYONE tap out to the ankle lock. You can sprinkle a few losses in there... but do that, and you build him as a true talent in the WWE...

...btw, is it just me, or did the really work with him in the Smackdown vs. Raw game this year? I didn't hear a fucking lisp from him at all in that Rey storyline... extra effort, or is the lisp forced on WWE?

seX-Power

Reaction score
Sorry I meant forget Swagger and Ziggler for the IC title. How many more times can they face Kofi, honestly. I think it's time for Kofi and Rey Rey to switch positions on the card for a while as well.

Axis

Reaction score
This seems backwards to me. I always found Smackdown to be superior to Raw pretty much since mid-2005. This is the first time that I feel Raw has been back on top. Not the other way around.