Has Finn Balor's Title Reign Been Lackluster?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Do You Think About Finn Balor's Title Reign?

• Great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good!

• Average.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Bad!

• Terrible!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Aster Davis

Jobber
Reaction score
I thought about this earlier and wanted to create a discussion about it. Let's think about the three longest title NXT Title reigns in NXT history. Finn Balor, Neville and Bo Dallas. They all have roughly the same number of days.

Neville defended the title on nine occasions on NXT TV/Network and for the first half of the title reign didn't go through much character development until the second half of his reign, especially the feud with Sami Zayn. Overall, pretty good title reign.

Bo Dallas defended the title five times during his run and experienced a LOT of character development during his run. Great run in my opinion.

Finn Balor has defended the title three times in his nearly 300 day title reign and has gone through zero character development in my opinion. Pretty bland title reign for me.

Basically, I think Finn Balor's reign has been the worst in NXT history which I'm kind of sad about since I think Balor is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE system and clearly one of the most over people in wrestling right now.

What do you think about Finn Balor's title reign?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's been terrible, there's been zero character for him. What is even his gimmick? Ripped guy who comes out in a leather jacket then puts on some bloody ridiculous dreads and paints himself up as a demon? Nothing changes whether he's in or out of paint.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yes. Very much so. Finn's character is either leather jacket or the dude in facepaint. That does not a champion make.
Not to mention that outside of Joe the challengers have not been that exciting. An uninteresting champion can be made interesting by the title always being in peril.

Look at Hogan for the perfect example. The dude's character was not that interesting and on any other performer would have been flat out boring. But throw monsters at him to overcome and god damn Hulkamania.

Reactions: Aster Davis