• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Has Daniels Outgrown X-Division?

Reaction score
I think by now he has. I was so happy he was in the world title match with Joe and Aj and then had his own singles title match. He performed very well and I thought he might be going on to bigger feuds. Then comes Sean Morley who beats him,(wtf?), and now he's doing great things again in the X-Division. Is it time to get him into something else? AJ Styles wrestling for the X title would seem like a major letdown now. Who could help get him in the next level?

G 3

Reaction score
Yeah I thought it was weird how Daniels was in the PPV main event on sunday, and then the next day he opened impact in an x-division match. The X-Division just seems like the place for agile workers who do not have that much experience, or can not really rise up in TNA.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I love Christopher Daniels, who's always been my favorite X Division star, and I think he is much better than Samoa Joe. There a wash as wrestlers, but Daniels can cut a better promo. Daniels should get the Global Championship since their trying to market it as an Intercontinental type championship.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It's pretty clear now that someone there (one of the new boss') don't see anything in Daniels. He's been pushed on the backburner. He went from two straight ppv main event title matches, do jobbing to Sean Morely. They talked about bringing the X-Division back and put him back there. Has he even been on tv since Destination X?

noumenon

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Daniels. He's solid in the ring and all but there's just something missing from him, he's never clicked with me. I wouldn't be against giving him a shot outside of the X-Division just to see what he could do just for shits and giggles.

Reaction score
The story has to be there. Daniels/Joe/AJ were all on the same path in 2005 and 2006. He's got the talent and some great finishing moves. I think Kurt Angle is just the guy to get him over that hump.

Reaction score
If Daniels has outgrown the X division, it's because the X division has taken a mighty tumble, not that Daniels is head and shoulders the standout talent in that group of workers, which has some decent wrestlers but all of them lack that charisma that warrants a push outside of the division.

Reaction score
I think Kaz is ahead of the curve in the X division too. He gets a nice little pop these days and isn't bad on the mic.

Daniels is still one of the better wrestlers in all of TNA.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
This is how X Division became shit. When AJ Styles "outgrown" it, no one really cared for it anymore. X division needs guys like Kaz (whom I hate) and Daniels and MCMG. Some TNA originals that still give a damn about what made them big.

noumenon

Reaction score
I don't know if it's so much that they give a damn about it, it's more that that's all they're really capable of doing. That fast paced video game wrestling doesn't fly with 90% of the main event talent. As fun as it is to watch main event wrestling in just about any major company will always be more about the story lines, charisma and mic skills than flips and flashy moves.

Reaction score
They need the additional tv time to talk. That's another flaw with TNA. We don't know if the guns are capable of a great interview.

It sounds like a lot of you are of the Kevin Nash side of "Vanilla Midgets". He also said that about Eddie, Benoit, Jericho, Malenko, and who knows how many. WCW never thought guys like that would ever headline anything. So they thought the best idea was to do nothing.

Do you all really believe no one in the X Division should be given a chance?