Extreme Rules Hardy Boyz vs. Sheamus & Cesaro

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, this particular match has all the potential to be a show stealer and I wouldn't be surprised a bit if it turns out to be the match of the night. Quite frankly, I think this may be the match where we get to see one of the epic spots of the evening, being Jeff's Swanton Bomb from the top of the cage which I give a 99% probability.

This thread, however, I did not start so much for trying to predict the match itself but more so to touch upon the build and more specifically Sheamus's promo this past Monday. Now, this may very well turn out to be nothing more than a case of me reading too much in between words but there was a very interesting quote that absolutely no one that I read or heard through various websites or podcasts this week (and trust me, I heard and read a lot) commented or even caught.

Case and point, Sheamus talked about how the fans turned on his best friend Cesaro, referring to the Hardy's as the "new toy" that they will "break" at Extreme Rules. Again, this may be just me reading too much into things but one thing I've learned over the years while watching these shows is to pay attention to details and, well, I at least found this quote rather interesting considering all the talk about the Broken gimmick and if we will ever get to see it on WWE TV. To be honest, I haven't read or heard anything new as far as any update is concerned but once more, I must say I found this usage of words in Sheamus's promo very interesting and well all know how WWE are with their scripts.

So basically, the big question I pose is...could it be that this Sunday marks the beginning of the broken gimmick in the WWE?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
For just match analysis, it'll be great! Three fantastic wrestlers and Matt Hardy in this environment where they can play to their strengths? I'm down!

But I'm going to call the finish being the always awesome Jeff Hardy dive off the top of the damn cage... where there's no water in the pool, and one new combo-finish later Sheamus/Cesaro are the new tag champs... And I don't like that.
As 100/0 as this feud has been the Hardys should win and move on to.......... I guess the feud will have to continue right? The Revival are already in a feud, and nobody else is credible enough to face the Hardy Boyz.

The worst part is that if they do go with that finish then JUST HAVE SHEAMUS WIN THE RAW MATCH TO PICK THE STIPULATION

As it is the Hardys will look really stupid if this random ass stipulation they chose winds up being their downfall, and Sheamus and Cesaro still look weak as they've had their asses handed to them week after week and only won because these daredevils are idiots... Maybe that would be the case the other way around too, but... Lets look at the Raw match what if there's a big smoz and Cesaro runs in the ring and gives Matt an uppercut and right as Jeff runs him off the bell rings and then surprise Brogue Kick 1-2-3 and Sheamus/Cesaro celebrate like they won the main event of Mania, then they say "Ahh, I bet you were so happy to tables, and ladders, and chairs... Well they can't get to any of them! As these backyarders are trapped inside a steel cage with us on Sunday! Bwahahahahaha!" So much better than Matt winning and being like "Yeah! Us guys who always talk about the classic TLC matches will meet you in the cage!" and everyone's like "huh"

That way a potential Sheamus and Cesaro victory will be as a result of strategy by the heels, planning for Jeff's daredevil antics to backfire and we'll be upset for the right reasons.....

It only took ten seconds of thought though to realize "hey why didn't sheamus pick the cage match" and all the good it would have done. Why didn't someone in WWE realize this?

and meh on the broken gimmick in wwe

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
I agree that the Hardys should win this, id have them face Gallow and Anderson for the titles afterwards.

I think this will be a good match, cant remember the last tag team cage match so its not having to live up to anything recent. All are great talents and the loss doesnt hurt Sheamus and Cesaro but it would deflate the Hardy return in my opinion unless its a screwy finish but that means continuing this fued which i think has run its course.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The.. Last one I can think of was Usos vs Wyatt's on Raw, remember nothing about the match but of course when DB turned on the Wyatt's afterward......