Hard Rock/Heavy Metal thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Fuck. Venom rules so much, I don't listen to them as much anymore nowadays :okay:

I can hear the similarities. Both songs are killer so who cares :obama:
Yeah. Its actually fucking cool. I remember when i heard that and it didnt make me feel ''HURR DURR QUORTHON STOLE THAT RIFF MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE!!!'' But more of an ''Holy shit, these sound totally same. Fucking cool that Quorthon did a little tribute to Venom'' :obama:

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Definitely check out more Bathory, Laura. You might like "Blood Fire Death", it has that early thrashy sound, but also a more "epic" feel/atmosphere.

Reactions: Laura and Kuolema

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
You into Bathory or is this your first time visiting the dark landscapes of black metal?

I'm more a nu-metal noob, lol. The name Bathory caught my eye because it's the name of a 17th century serial killer. I assume the song was somewhat inspired by her. She was never burned, but her accomplices were.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Talking about Hellhammer/CF and songs sounding familiar...

1:55 part

1:05

Speaking of Darkthrone, have you listened to their first album? Killer Death Metal.

Also, what do you think of their newer "punky" stuff?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I'm more a nu-metal noob, lol. The name Bathory caught my eye because it's the name of a 17th century serial killer. I assume the song was somewhat inspired by her. She was never burned, but her accomplices were.

:true:

(This might be too wimpy for Jebuu lolz)

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Definitely check out more Bathory, Laura. You might like "Blood Fire Death", it has that early thrashy sound, but also a more "epic" feel/atmosphere.

Yeah, its kinda black/thrash/viking style.
I also recommend ''Under the Sign of the Black Mark'' and ''The Return...'' albums. Their self-titled may be a bit too harsh/fast/extreme for beginners but then again, it was my first Bathory album so why not yours also?

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Speaking of Darkthrone, have you listened to their first album? Killer Death Metal.

Also, what do you think of their newer "punky" stuff?
Tbh i've mostly listened to their bm stuff, like ''Blaze in the Northern Sky'', ''Transilvanian Hunger'' etc. But i'll give their 1st album and ''punky'' stuff a try

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Tbh i've mostly listened to their bm stuff, like ''Blaze in the Northern Sky'', ''Transilvanian Hunger'' etc. But i'll give their 1st album and ''punky'' stuff a try

You'll like their first album for sure, it's great.

Their newer stuff is okay, kind of hit and miss. Some cool songs, and some boring ones too.