• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hana Kimura Passes Away

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
ff94bc541c60cb01d4ec662445d0d1e2.jpg

Japanese professional wrestler Hana Kimura died on May 23 at the age of 22. Kimura wrestled for the promotion Stardom, who confirmed her death on their website and social media. The Tokyo-based company, also known by its full name World Wonder Ring Stardom, issued the following statement on their Twitter in Japanese:

According to Mandatory, the English statement reads:

Stardom fans, we are very sorry to report that our Hana Kimura has passed away. Please be respectful and allow some time for things to process, and keep your thoughts and prayers with her family and friends. We appreciate your support during this difficult time.

Her cause of death has not been revealed. Earlier in the day, Kimura shared self-harm photos of herself and spoke of her severe depression. Wrestling News reported that an episode of Netflix’s “Terrace House” had just aired in Japan, and it painted Kimura as a villain. The outlet indicated that Kimura was the victim of online bullying by fans of the show. This has not been independently confirmed by Heavy.

Many Fans Were Concerned for Kimura Earlier in the Day After She Posted on Social Media

Kimura posted some photos and self-harm photos on social media earlier in the day, according to Mandatory. The outlet also reported that she posted some messages indicating that she was struggling: “Nearly 100 frank opinions every day. I couldn’t deny that I was hurt. I’m dead. Thank you for giving me a mother. It was a life I wanted to be loved. Thank you to everyone who supported me. I love it. I’m weak, I’m sorry. I don’t want to be a human anymore. It was a life I wanted to be loved. Thank you everyone, I love you. Bye.”

After she posted that tweet, many fans took to Twitter to voice their support for the wrestler. One account wrote: “[Hana Kimura] You are strong. You are loved. You are supported and admired around the world. I will always believe in Hana Kimura! #WeLoveHanaKimura.” Another added that after reading the concerning message, “I got in touch with people to get them to find out if she’s OK. What I got back was that she is OK as one can be. STARDOM and other friends are en route to her.”

Those tweets have since been removed from the account and her last tweet shows her cuddling with her cat.

Kimura Was a Successful Wrestler Whose Mother Was Also a Well-Known Japanese Wrestler

People Took to Social Media to Post Tributes to Kimura & Share Their Sadness at the Young Wrestler’s Death
After Stardom confirmed Kimura’s death, Twitter was flooded with tribute posts and people expressing their sadness at her passing.

Earlier in the day on May 22, 2020, Hana had tweeted out images of what appeared to be self-harm, with captions that suggested she was on the receiving end of a great deal of cyberbullying.

Starting her journey in pro wrestling in 2016, she competed for the Wrestle-1 promotion, as she was trained in their facility. Throughout her career, she won the Artist of Stardom Championship, the Goddess of Stardom Championship, held several championships in JWP Joshi Puroresu, and also won DDT’s Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship. Kimura had also competed in Ring of Honor as part of their Women of Honor division.

Our condolences go out to her family, friends, and fans. We will update this story as updates become available.

Credit goes to Heavy and Fightful for their breaking scoops.

This is totally shocking news. Sounds like suicide?

I’m heartbroken. She seemed really sweet and I just got introduced to her work.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

The more I’m reading up on this I guess social media was taking a toll on her and the last few days she’s been posting about self harm and people were trying to reach her all day before the news broke. This is depressing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah I just did some googling and her last (now deleted) tweets are heartbreaking if this turns out to be a suicide and that seems to be the case.

Kross Rhodes

She was apparently getting a lot of hate from weirdo “fans.” Attacking appearance and personality. The girl seemed really sweet so fuck everyone on social media.

I guess she posted picture of her cut wrists, too.

People need to learn what they do online matters.

Kross Rhodes

What’s worse is this started over a cameo on a reality show or some shit I’m just reading now? Fans are toxic.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I just don't understand how hard it is not to be a fucking cunt. I don't even think it's fair to blame social media when it's just an extension of how people are, people fucking suck.

I hope her friends and family are able to get through this, she was younger than me even, fuck this.

Doom

La Bestia
I just don't understand how hard it is not to be a fucking cunt. I don't even think it's fair to blame social media when it's just an extension of how people are, people fucking suck.

I hope her friends and family are able to get through this, she was younger than me even, fuck this.
For real Chris.

People on social media are the absolute worst. It was unfair that she gets criticize her for doing her own thing. She tried hard to be herself and ignore the criticism from the ungrateful fucks, but it was just too much for her.

I do hope her friends and family get through this hard time and denounce the fuckers who wronged her.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
I don't know how to feel other than intense sadness and strong anger that this tragedy happened.

It's been a rough few months, and it's only getting worse.