Halloween Kills (2021)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Let him burn is right Laurie, but damn I don't know how to feel about this one. I thought the last one was a perfect ending to the franchise and I get why were continuing, but man I hope this is not a downgrade from the previous film.​

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
The prefect ending to the franchise was H20. But no, they had to make another one. And it was fucking shit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The prefect ending to the franchise was H20. But no, they had to make another one. And it was fucking shit.

Well there's been one inbetween which was Resurrection which was really shit from what I hear :D

I enjoyed the last film. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed the feminist twist and thought it was enjoyable with some good kills. You do wonder if they might blow it with two more.

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I actually really enjoyed Halloween (2018) although I know the opinion on it is very divided. I only have watched it once though when it first came out, so maybe it wouldn't hold up as well on a re-watch. I just remember really loving how brutal Michael is in the film, and that public toilet scene was masterful I thought. Some of the scariest he's been in the series for me.

tumblr_pgwpnfBEzE1wl2zl2o1_400.gif

I'm looking forward to Halloween Kills, just a shame we have to wait so long really.

Reactions: Keith and Chris

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I actually really enjoyed Halloween (2018) although I know the opinion on it is very divided. I only have watched it once though when it first came out, so maybe it wouldn't hold up as well on a re-watch. I just remember really loving how brutal Michael is in the film, and that public toilet scene was masterful I thought. Some of the scariest he's been in the series for me.

tumblr_pgwpnfBEzE1wl2zl2o1_400.gif

I'm looking forward to Halloween Kills, just a shame we have to wait so long really.

I also enjoyed Halloween (2018) on both occasions I've seen the film. A part of that comes down to how poor the previous sequels are.

RZ's H2 - Terrible. Simply terrible.

RZ's Halloween - Can't stand the first half of the film. The second half is just about passable.

Halloween Resurrection - Worst film in the franchise.

H20 - A good sequel but the more I watch it, the more I start to dislike it a bit more with each viewing. And knowing how this film gets retconned in Resurrection makes my piss boil.

H6 - Both cuts are weird and are both very, very poor. I'd go with the Director's cut over the Theatrical Cut, though.

H5 - H4 was a good film. This one fell off a cliff.

H4 - See above.

H2 (1981) - Not perfect by any means, but I would have it in the top 3 of the films that came after the very first Halloween.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@TeaDrinkingLimey I think your list is pretty good. Halloween 4 is a surprisingly great sequel, especially the atmosphere. I thought Rob Zombie's remake was okay, but nothing special. I actually appreciated he tried to do something different in the beginning, but it could have been a lot better.

Resurrection is laughably bad. I still remember that scene with Busta Rhymes dressed up as Michael Myers. Hilarious, but awful.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Zombie remake was the worst I've seen. Still need to check out Resurrection but I've heard nothing but bad things, like shit like Michael having a gang :lmao

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Halloween > Halloween 2018 > Halloween 2 > Halloween 3 > Halloween H20 > Halloween 4 > Halloween Remake > Halloween 5 > Halloween Remake 2 > Halloween 6 > Halloween Resurrection.

Tbheston. People give zero love to Halloween 3 for being different but it's low key like a top 5 movie in the franchise.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Halloween > Halloween 2018 > Halloween 2 > Halloween 3 > Halloween H20 > Halloween 4 > Halloween Remake > Halloween 5 > Halloween Remake 2 > Halloween 6 > Halloween Resurrection.

Tbheston. People give zero love to Halloween 3 for being different but it's low key like a top 5 movie in the franchise.

Halloween 3 is actually great but they really shouldn't have called it Halloween. That was the only issue with it. Season of the Witch would have been a fine title on its own, but they tried to profit from the established name and rightfully got called out for it. The concept of that movie was really interesting and well done. Michael Myers is Halloween so I understood why people write it off.

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
@TeaDrinkingLimey I think your list is pretty good. Halloween 4 is a surprisingly great sequel, especially the atmosphere. I thought Rob Zombie's remake was okay, but nothing special. I actually appreciated he tried to do something different in the beginning, but it could have been a lot better.

Resurrection is laughably bad. I still remember that scene with Busta Rhymes dressed up as Michael Myers. Hilarious, but awful.

Most fans of the series agree that 4 is a great sequel. Danielle Harris is great in her role as well. Much like Andy Barclay in the original Child's Play.

When I first saw that scene with "two" Michael Myers, I did think it was amusing. I must have only been about 13. When I saw it on TV again, I hated it with a passion. It is so idiotic. All of Busta Rhymes' scenes are shit. And I won't mention another particular scene with Rhymes either. If Keith ever decides to watch it, honestly, it has to be seen to be believed.

The Zombie remake was the worst I've seen. Still need to check out Resurrection but I've heard nothing but bad things, like shit like Michael having a gang :lmao

Honestly, Resurrection is worse. Watch it, try not to get mad, and never watch it again. It should have never have been made. But the movie studio are greedy pricks! They already greenlighted a sequel despite what happens at the end of H20. I love Kevin Williamson's scripts for Scream. But not what he did to retcon H20.

That list would be very similar to my list. But I'd switch Halloween 2 (2009) with Halloween 6. I'm always up for something different in a movie franchise. I don't even hate Jason goes to Hell like most people do. Because it was different to the films that came before it (my least favourite Friday the 13th is part 8) but what the fuck was Rob Zombie thinking with Halloween 2 (2009)? White Horses? To quote The Miz: "Really?" It just seemed like he pulled some random crap out of thin air and tried to make it into something philosophical. It's a friggin' Halloween Movie! And I just don't get why all his characters are absolute scumbags. He should NOT write his own scripts. They're all terrible. I saw House of a 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects after both his Halloween remakes. I honestly thought they were nearly the same 4 films. Both of those films are trash.

Halloween 3 is actually great but they really shouldn't have called it Halloween. That was the only issue with it. Season of the Witch would have been a fine title on its own, but they tried to profit from the established name and rightfully got called out for it. The concept of that movie was really interesting and well done. Michael Myers is Halloween so I understood why people write it off.

I need to watch Halloween 3 again sometime. This is probably the one that divides fans the most. I didn't include it in my initial listing due to not seeing it for ages. And because it doesn't have Michael Myers in. You're right about the film by saying it shouldn't have had the "Halloween" moniker. That is bang on the money. :)

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I wanna watch these shitty sequels with how you guys are talking about them now :heston

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I wanna watch these shitty sequels with how you guys are talking about them now :heston

Alcohol is your friend.

But if you don't drink. Schedule some therapy. :lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler