Hall of Fame Voting and Balloting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Every year around WM, the WWE announces it's list of Hall of Famer's. My question is, don't you think they should have a ballot where the fans can vote? I mean, they just announce the list out of the blue. I know what they are doing know is prolly okay, but it's just the way they do it. I was watching th e Royal Rumble 2005, and I heard Jim Ross call Triple H a first ballot HOFer. And I was like "There is no first ballot. There is no voting...lol" That's what made me make this thread. So do you think they should at least let the fans decide. Like put 20 names up on the ballot. And the 5 most voted get in each years. That way, we can actually call them "First ballot HOFers"

What's your take?

CenaMark54

I think by calling HHH a first ballot hall of famer, he means the first time he is eligible to be inducted he will get in. Liek the first year he is retired or something.

I'm not exactly sure how other sports do it, but in baseball, you have to be retired for a certain number of years to be eligible than the baseball writers vote who they think should be in.

I'm not sure having the fans vote would work. A lot of the fans today probably don't know anyone from 15 or 20 years ago.

The WWE probably has a panal that selects who gets in. They have been doing it so there are one or two big names a year.

The Rated R CMStar

It wouldn't work for one reason. The WWE's Hall of Fame is not a Hall of Fame, is more like a Vince's Legend Friends Club. How many legends have been left out because he is in bad terms with Vince. And how many legends, without being worthy, are inducted because he is a friend of The Mcmahons.

PeepShow

^Ummm, Hogan is in it. Hart is in it......

I really dont delve into the stats of who is on bad terms. I just know those 2 have stirred a big controversy and they are in.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, but Hogan just creates controversy and bashes Vince because he refuses to pay what he asks. They have arguments, about money, but not exactly bad terms. And Bret Hart, well, he was introduced in 2006, when his relationship with Vince had grown better.

See The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, who deserve the HOF and are not inducted because his hatred with Vince.

PeepShow

The Ultimate Warrior does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Period

Macho Man will get in sooner or later. IDK

The Rated R CMStar

Deserves it more than Cowboy Bob Orton or James Dudley

PeepShow

I agree, some of the people dont belong in there. Thats exactly my point. It should be a ballot. The fans should decide. IMO, it's just another thing that the WWE does to screw the fans of what they want to see sometimes.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, because WWE can trust the fans voting(yeah, I know it sounds weird).

But remember, the fans voted Val Venis to be in a main event. The fans voted The Miz into a title match. The fans said they want Khali to have another remath after losing the title. IMO, the fans said the believed Stevie Richards was Vince's son.

Even if it is joking and just to plot against WWE, if the fans were to do that, Brooklyn Brawler would be a HOFer

PeepShow

You do have point, but I think for the HOF, it would be different than some random queer poll on wwe.com. That is far more prestigious.

The Rated R CMStar

Seeing it like that, it does make sense, but at the end, every wrestler deserving to be in the HOF will enter. And, I strongly think that if for example Macho Man were to enter the Hall via fan voting, being still in bad terms with Vince, Vince would fix the poll, so at the end it would be the same thing

Nation

Yeah, but Hogan just creates controversy and bashes Vince because he refuses to pay what he asks. They have arguments, about money, but not exactly bad terms. And Bret Hart, well, he was introduced in 2006, when his relationship with Vince had grown better.

See The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, who deserve the HOF and are not inducted because his hatred with Vince.

You forgot Bruno Sammartino......

jrock210

Reaction score
There should be voting for it and somehow this should be brought to the attention of the WWE. Someone could make a difference with this