GWF - Global Wrestling Federation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JHar888

Reaction score
GlobalWrestlingFederationcopy.png

BACKSTORY: After a rather shamefully memorable boom period of wrestling in 2005, ratings suddenly began to drop, causing WWE to host all their pay-per-views exclusively on WWE.com. TNA, who had almost successfully landed a deal with SpikeTV that would allow the company to take over WWE’s TV slot, suddenly disappeared from FSN. Jerry Jarrett, along with his son Jeff and Dixie Carter decided to move back into the coexistent NWA. The talent worked several shows for NWA Anarchy, before they decided to move on with their lives, therefore leaving the company in order to eventually let it die. Months passed by, and still without competition, the WWE failed to prosper. Vince McMahon then decided to call it quits, handing the company down to his son. Shane McMahon continued on with his father’s previous mistakes, and actually made the company last. That is, until the dawn of 2006. The inexperienced Shane McMahon made yet another critical WWE mistake, letting the Raw ratings slip down to an average 1.3/10. Without his sister Stephanie, it was obvious Shane was in deep trouble. By time WrestleMania was shown on WWE.com, most viewers had lost interest in the product, leaving a ‘dud’ of a WrestleMania. SmackDown! was then shown only to a very limited audience for the next couple weeks, after averaging a .5/10 rating. McMahon had suddenly realized how much of a failure the idea of his up-stepping was, and decided to close the company down after nearly causing the company to fall into a case of Chapter 11 bankruptcy. It was then, that a disappointed Stephanie started a promotion on her own, in attempt to give the McMahon family a good name once again. Once Stephanie took complete control, she hired a booking staff, a few road agents, a team of announcers, a few known referees, and an accomplished group of touring directors. She then scouted throughout the nation, in search of young talent. Once she had a full roster, she used it to her advantage, landing the promotion a huge two-hour television deal. With money, fame, and a legacy to carry on, she decided to forget about the past, and set her mind on the future…the future of the wrestling world today…the Global Wrestling Federation.

Active Roster:
Triple H
Sting
Randy Orton
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Christian Cage
Tomko
AJ Styles
Kaz
Chris Harris
Scott Steiner
Shelton Benjamin
Elijah Burke
Brother Devon
Brother Ray
Black Reign
Jay Lethal
Gregory Helms
Petey Williams
JTG
Shad
James Storm
Chris Sabin
Robert Roode
Eric Young
Hernandez
Homicide
DH Smith
Cody Rhodes
Curry Man
Senshi
Snitsky
Colin Delaney
Johnny Devine
Val Venis
Khosrow Davairi

Inactive Roster:
Austin Creed (Yet to Debut)
Judas Mesias (Injured, 2/3 Weeks)
Bob Sapp (Performing at House Shows in Japan)
Giant Bernard (Yet to Debut)

Female Roster:
Trish Stratus
Gail Kim
Awesome Kong
Maria
Layla El
Angel Williams
Ashley Massaro
Mickie Knuckles

Stables:
The Coalition - Christian Cage, AJ Styles, and Tomko
AJ Styles and Tomko
Cryme Tyme - JTG and Shad
Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke
DH Smith and Cody Rhodes
Latin American XChange (LAX) - Hernandez and Homicide
The Freakshow - Scott Steiner, Petey Williams, Rhaka Khan
Team 3-D - Brother Ray and Brother Devon

Other Personnel:
Jim Cornette (Head Authority)
Matt Morgan (Bodyguard)
Mike Tenay (Play-by-Play Commentator, R3b37710n!)
Don West (Color Commentator, R3b37710n!)
Leticia Cline (Backstage Interviewer)
Jeremy Borash (Backstage Interviewer)
Tony Chimel (Ring Announcer)
Salinas (Manager, LAX)
Hector Guerrero (Manager, LAX)
James Mitchell (Manager, Black Reign and Judas Mesias)
Jacqueline (Manager, James Storm)
Rhaka Khan (Manager, Scott Steiner and Petey Williams)
Steve Austin (Makes Occasional Appearances)
Hulk Hogan (Makes Occasional Appearances)
Mick Foley (Makes Occasional Appearances)
Kimbo Slice (Makes Occasional Appearances)
Ron Simmons (Makes Occasional Appearances)

CHAMPIONS:
To be updated soon

PPV’s:
July – Victory Road
August – Hard Justice
September – No Remorse
October – Halloween Havoc
November – Frenzy Friday
December – December to Dismember
January – New Year’s Ev-il
February – Battle Royal
March – Fully Loaded
April – Genesis
May – Backlash
June – LockDown

RECORDS:
To be updated soon

OOC: Although I may have made several failed attempts at making a BTB last, I've decided to redeem myself, and prove myself as a dedicated booker. This time however, I'm not working with any partners, but I do have an un-named assistant to help me out in small areas. I've been writing shows already, and have made plans up until late August. As long as you give me good feedback, I will give you rep and/or a review back in return. I will have one weekly show called R3b37710n!, and have plans of possibly adding another B-show to give my low-carders a bit of a chance. If I do end up adding it in, I'll most likely be posting it in recap form. And before I forget, credit goes to PeepShow for the banner. Now, to close this out, hopefully this time it'll last, and one day I can be remembered as a Hall of Fame booker. I pledge not to disappoint.

Qwake

Wow this looks like you have really put alot of work into it, it is really set out nicely :)

Firts of all, the backstory is very good and Steph carrying on the McMahon legacy is a good. Also, I quite like the roster I just don't like Team 3D, scott steiner and black reign but meh lol. All of the tag teams are good and I like how you set up all the other staff members things, one little thing though, are you going to edit it and put in what titles you have? (just wondering)

should be good and I will check out the first show...my TNE PPV is up and its huge if you wanna check that out :)

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
It's nice seeing another old face return to the BTB section, good luck with this. I'm liking the roster, and we'll probably see more of the guys in your fave wrestlers section in your sig especially the beast that is Takeshi F'n Morishima.

Wordlife

I will definetly be checking my boy's btb, going to be an advent member of it too btw. Hope it lives up to its expectations, as I know it will. Good luck Jhar, your btb doesnt need it though, with a roster like that, and your writing skills? You'll be fine, I'll be reading man :D

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Hmm... this looks nice, JHar888. This looks like an incredible fantasy promotion, with quite the amount of tremendous talent. One thing that's piqued my interest is the fact that Stephanie McMahon is continuing on the McMahon legacy in a new form of Sports Entertainment. All the makings of a solid BTB; a balanced Roster, a solid foundation, and organization. BTW, where are the Championships; or are they going to be announced on the first show? Either way, good luck on this, and may this thread prosper.

Vandy316

Reaction score
what the hell? this is my promotion name. i got bored in school and came up with the GWF and made a logo. it was gonna be my baby like the WWE is to Vince.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Poor Shane! This is a nice backstory and it could be a good BTB. I am just wondering that Steph didn't got a chance to sign HBK and Undertaker to their roster lol... I'll check this out.

Switchy

Reaction score
Interesting roster, I like many of yuor superstars but some are just palin shite if you ask me but the tag division is looking great but could do with a bit of MCMG but anyway good stuff and I think you can stick with tihs 1.