• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Guest host...

MikeRaw

Thoughts on this? Tonight Batista was special guest host, and next week will be Ted Dibiase. Anyone like this idea?
I haven't seen enough yet to really judge, but it looks promising. I'd like to see it last more than just a few weeks. I guess it puts a whole new spin on the GM thing, with Vince obviously at the top, and the special host having some form of control, without having an actual GM. The only problem is they could eventually run out of people.
Thoughts though?

Ballin

Reaction score
I hate it. They need ONE GM. And the idea of a celebrity coming to WWE to be guess host makes me sick. If they're doing this, please stick with just former stars, etc. to make this not suck as bad.

chessarmy

I'd much rather see a full time GM, Ric Flair should have had the job by now. It should be RAW: Ric Flair, Smackdown!: Theodore Long, and ECW: Tiffany. Thats it, leave it at that and stop fuckin changing it every month.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
See my review for my full opinion. But I think if they play it out right, it'll be a good idea, at least in the short term. Batista did good tonight. Like I said, you can always bail on this by having one of the hosts use their unlimited power to make themselves permanent GM and abandon the host feature... but only when it definitely gets stale. It was solid tonight though, and with MDM next week... OMFG I can't wait!

MikeRaw

I hate it. They need ONE GM. And the idea of a celebrity coming to WWE to be guess host makes me sick. If they're doing this, please stick with just former stars, etc. to make this not suck as bad.

I'd much rather see a full time GM, Ric Flair should have had the job by now. It should be RAW: Ric Flair, Smackdown!: Theodore Long, and ECW: Tiffany. Thats it, leave it at that and stop fuckin changing it every month.

Ah, but when Vickie or Teddy were GM for a long time, then suddenly it was "too long" and they should be replaced. I see this as a good way to advance storylines.

Vandy316

Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing as RKO Legacy with the Host giving himself full GM power and staying there. the only problem is that it needs to be someone who would be believable. I was shocked when Vince said something about Eric and Paul at the Bash. Surely Paul wont come back but i will always love a Bischoff return even though its unlikely

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I don't like it... So gimmicky it hurts.

Dibiase for full time GM, IMO. :y:

Exactly. And with his other son on the rise and possibly entering WWE, it could be a great storyline for Legacy. Or even just returning as a manager would be awesome, he could buy Legacy their way out of everything.

I mean, it's not like he's not at the shows every week as it is... they might as well give him an on-screen role, and he's been active with creative in the past, and his gimmick could NEVER get stale. I'd love it.

Double J

Reaction score
Ah, but when Vickie or Teddy were GM for a long time, then suddenly it was "too long" and they should be replaced. I see this as a good way to advance storylines.

No the problem was the Vickie/Edge story line was way way way to long and over done. In my opinion the GM shouldn't be the main plot in the main event every single time, which Vickie was. I liked Teddy as GM since he made himself know and had a role in the show while still being behind the scenes and letting the wrestlers be the main attraction.

I would love MDM as GM. I can't really see him as part of Legacy since Orton has to be in control of everything. As far as the other Dibiase boy coming in; he has gotten better but it's been said that he looks alot like his brother in both appearance and wrestling styles so that could really hurt his chances of coming in right now unless it was a tag team, and that would hurt the Dibiase/Rhodes team.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It didn't hurt having Batista and Randy stop doing things together and making Batista team with Ric... just let Cody start going for solo titles and have the DiBiase's work mainly as a team.

DENNIN

Reaction score
On paper it's a good idea because it means on any given night anything can happen. But it can get very boring very fast. I am all for going back to a single GM.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
On paper it's a good idea because it means on any given night anything can happen. But it can get very boring very fast. I am all for going back to a single GM.

I would think its the opposite having one gm gets boring fast a new one every week keeps things fresh.