Guantanamo Bay

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
With Obama saying that it must close what are your thoughts on the whole situation? Do you agree? Are you disappointed he hasn't closed it earlier?

I personally think it has to close and it should have been closed a hell of a long time ago. My main problem is that it violates basic human rights. Very few of the people in there have actually faced a trial. Only one out of 172 current detainees has been given a trial I believe. In Article 6 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, it says "Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the lawâ€￾ and in Article 10 “Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against himâ€￾. Therefore, the American government are breaking two fundamental human rights.

What are your thoughts?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Are these not the same people who have no regard for human life no matter where they are unless they are from the middle east? These are people who locked up keep the world safer and what do you suggest be done with them? These are also the same guys regardless of your opinion of how things were handled gave us the intel where Osama Bin Laden was and how to get him.

On another note these topics can get out if hand so let's keep this civil without causing drama.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Well I think the prison itself and the concept behind it are acceptable, but like so so so so many things in this country politically, economically and socially... the execution just isn't there (no pun intended)... I have no problem with setting up an off-shore house for terrorists to give them a taste of their medicine and make them suffer for the things they've done but I feel unless the U.S. Government puts them in front of some sort of council and finds them 100% guilty of terrorist acts or conspiracy to commit terrorist act beyond a shadow of a doubt then there are always going to be those calling for it to close operations. Of course we don't know who all is detained or why exactly, so we don't know if they belong there. And as long as know one knows why they're there, they're going to question why they're there, and they're going to be thinking the whole time we have a bunch of innocent people locked up and suffering. That may or may not be the case but the fact of the matter is you can't throw people in a jail and deprive them of basic human rights, treating them like animals and putting their lives on the line and get away with it unless the public knows and agrees with them going there. The system may have saved us from dozens of attacks in the past and if that's the case then thank God it has... but going forward I think if the Government is going to send people, they need to publicize it and have some sort of hearing or trial to confirm the reasoning or else it just seems like a death camp to the world.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just keep it open and give people a fair trial instead of throwing them in there on assumption.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Go fight a war. Better yet fight two of them and see how opinions will change once you see what happens. You will see why so many people are put there. When you personally see someone shoot rockets at people in a village just because they belong to a different tribe then if you can still say that person deserves human rights, than people are just a big a fool as the bastards who kill out of ignorance.

Reactions: 1 person

Hate

Reaction score
Obama is a fucking moron......kill them all.