GTA V News & Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto V Has Two Developers?

grand_theft_auto_v_43045.jpg

Rockstar North may be getting extra help for Grand Theft Auto V. The LinkedIn resume of a former Rockstar artist said that he worked on GTA V while employed by Rockstar San Diego, the lead developers for Red Dead Redemption.

As Videogamer notes, collaboration between different Rockstar studios isn't unusual. For example, Rockstar North assisted San Diego with the development of RDR and Team Bondi with L.A. Noire. Max Payne 3, released earlier this month, was a joint effort between Rockstar's Vancouver, New England, London and Toronto studios.

Still, Rockstar North has traditionally developed the main Grand Theft Auto series without outside aid. The only exceptions are when they needed a port after the game's initial launch, such as the PC version of GTA IV. If Rockstar San Diego has been working on GTA V for the past year, it's possible their involvement is more extensive than just port work.

Considering the importance of the GTA franchise to Rockstar and their parent Take-Two Interactive, it's not a bad idea for the company to pool their resources and make sure that GTA V is as great of a game as possible. The side effect of bringing in Rockstar San Diego on this project, though, is that it takes time or manpower away from whatever else they're working on. The wait for a Red Dead Redemption sequel could be longer than we hoped.

GTA V is expected either this fall or in the early months of 2013.

cinemablend

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Has Two Developers?

Good to hear that Rockstar is such a cohesive company.

My money's on early 2013 BTW

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: GTA V (New Trailer posted)

[video=youtube;Vzue74y7A84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vzue74y7A84[/video]

From the video description....

Grand Theft Auto V is coming spring 2013. Pre-order now and visit www.rockstargames.com/V for more details.

My last post....

My money's on early 2013 BTW

HOLLA AT YA BOY

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Wow, that looks fantastic.

Certainly going to buy it when it drops.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

it almost looks too good to be true. But I am excite.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Rockstar Games has announced the official release date for Grand Theft Auto V. It will be out on September 17, 2013.

They wrote: "We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require. To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience."

Not the date everyone was hoping for, but I'm satisfied with it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
First gameplay video out.

[video=youtube;N-xHcvug3WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

FYI, I may go missing from roughly the middle of September. Good lord online is going to be insane.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I just cannot wait for this to come out, the game just looks absolutely insane.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
one week left until the most expensively produced video game in history.

got my pre-order all set, got the day off too hopefully will have a chance to get to grips with it there and then.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Seriously can't wait for this to come out, it's going to be one of the greatest of all time.

Reaction score
I got my pre-order and guide. Gonna get it at the midnight release. Then gonna bang on it all day. I am liking how you play ppl at once and also can drop in on them at anytime. Just going by the videos. Hoping online game play is sick and I heard you can have dogs here for dog fights. Hope no one winds up like Micheal Vic for doing that. lol Ok, bad joke but anyways, can't wait for it. I have every single one of the GTAs even the Euro one on the comp. yeah, been playing it forever. Still thinks San Anderas is the best one but that's me.

Castiel

Reaction score
I was part of the minority that hated GTA IV but I might get on this. Seeing commercials now it's got me pumped.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Finished off my pre order a couple of days ago.

I'm definitely pumped for this game, but I'm unsure if I want to go to the midnight launch or just wait until the next day.