GSP vs Anderson Silva. Will it ever happen? And if so, whos winning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
As we all know, GSP is very big for a welterweight, and its hard to believe he can stay at 170 pounds. At some point I see him going up to Middleweight if Sherk or Penn can beat him for the title. So if this happens, Will he face Silva for the middleweight title? I personally feel this would be the greatest fight in MMA history if it went down. It would be hyped up like no other as well. I personally feel that Silva would destroy GSP. GSP has never fought a fighter quiet like Silva, and his Muay Thai is probably the best in the world right now.

xtremebadass

Well if Sherk beats GSP for the belt, I say GSP should retire because at that point he would suck completely getting beat by Sherk. Sherk is Lightweight anyways right? Eh.

I don't see Silva sticking around in the UFC long enough for this to happen. He keeps talking about retiring and this and that. If this does happen my money would be on Anderson Silva. Silva has a more impressive domination streak that GSP.

MikeRaw

I don't see Silva sticking around in the UFC long enough for this to happen. He keeps talking about retiring and this and that. If this does happen my money would be on Anderson Silva. Silva has a more impressive domination streak that GSP.
Silva has 5 fights left on his contract, and said he'll fulfill that before retiring. So it could happen. I doubt it though. It'd be great, but to say the least, I'd be surprised if we see it.
But, if we did, GSP would win. Simple.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
haha, Mike, thats a fanboy statement, for GSP to win it wouldn't be "simple" it would be a barnburner for him to even compete with Silva, Silvas striking (knees and feet) is much better than Matt Serra's and Serra manhandled GSP in their first fight. Silva would either win easily, or win by decision. I dont think it would really be a mid round kinda knockout.

Edit: To XBA, please don't bash Sean Sherk, he is a great fighter and fights welterweight and lightweight. GSP got Koed by Matt Serra, and Sherk is also a better striker than Serra. Sherk is probably the best lightweight and welterweight other than GSP and Penn, maybe Sanchez.

MikeRaw

haha, Mike, thats a fanboy statement, for GSP to win it wouldn't be "simple" it would be a barnburner for him to even compete with Silva, Silvas striking (knees and feet) is much better than Matt Serra's and Serra manhandled GSP in their first fight. Silva would either win easily, or win by decision. I dont think it would really be a mid round kinda knockout.

You fucking moron. I didn't say GSP would win simply/easily. I said he would win. Simple. As in period. It'd be a war, and would probably go 3 rounds, but I still think GSP would win. 'Simple' didn't mean it'd be easy. 'Simple' means te same as "period". GSP would win though, because he's the best all around fighter. He can do everything. Wrestle, strike, whatever. Silva is pretty well rounded too though.

Reaction score
You would have to put a lot of thought into this like Silva being the much larger man & Georges being the best in Mixed Martial Arts when it comes to adapting to different opponents, I could do research all day but I would never bet against Georges St. Pierre.... or Anderson Silva!

MTG

Reaction score

Edit: To XBA, please don't bash Sean Sherk, he is a great fighter and fights welterweight and lightweight. GSP got Koed by Matt Serra, and Sherk is also a better striker than Serra. Sherk is probably the best lightweight and welterweight other than GSP and Penn, maybe Sanchez.

First off it would depend if they fought at a catchweight or at Middleweight. At MW i think silva would take it but it would be a really close fight. At say 178 LBS i think GSP would take it. Gsp has the best wrestling in the ufc and we haven't seen silva fight off his back yet. Either way this fight will most probably happen if GSP beats Alves.

Oh and Sherk is a great fighter but saying he is one of the best WW's????
I don't even know when his last fight at WW was TBH.
And i could name 5 LW's better than him: BJ Penn, Kenny Florian, Frank Edgar, Gray Maynard, Diego Sanchez.

Wordlife

GSP for the win, plain and simple... though Anderson would give him one helluva run for his money

Reaction score
Silva has really good jujitsu but so does Georges hmm... Sean Sherk would get smoked by GSP like hamburgers weekend BBQ! Sherk was owned in his last fight because he refuses to adapt!

Wrestling Station

Silva will win it for the following reasons:
1- Is much more experienced
2- Is a technicianist and expert in experimenting his opponents
3- Has pen-point accuracy in punches and kicks.
4- Is much much taller than GSP (so having the reach advantage added to his favor).
5- Can frustrate anyone, and I mean anyone who faces him. And this will lead to GSP making mistakes.
6- Silva si almost THE complete package fighter.
7- Is THE confidence! so GSP will hassel and thus, MISTAKES will happen.

Silva > GSP

xtremebadass

There are very few points one could argue that GSP would win, sure he can win, anyone could win on any given day, but 75% of the time, Silva would defeat him.

Christian

Reaction score
Silva will win it for the following reasons:
1- Is much more experienced
2- Is a technicianist and expert in experimenting his opponents
3- Has pen-point accuracy in punches and kicks.
4- Is much much taller than GSP (so having the reach advantage added to his favor).
5- Can frustrate anyone, and I mean anyone who faces him. And this will lead to GSP making mistakes.
6- Silva si almost THE complete package fighter.
7- Is THE confidence! so GSP will hassel and thus, MISTAKES will happen.

Silva > GSP

yay less typing for me