Greatest Wrestling Game of All-Time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
There have been many great wrestling games throughout the years. Some great games and some terrible games. But what do you guys think is the greatest wrestling game of all time?

I think the greatest wrestling game of all time has to be WWE SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth. It had great storylines as well as a great roster. At least that's my opinion. So what do you think the greatest wrestling game of all-time is?

Defiant One

Reaction score
^^^I loved that game Anigma, first game with the draft on it. It had alot of replay value as well. This is a hard question. ummmm My top three would be No Mercy, Shut Your Mouth and probally Smackdown HCTP. Also one of my first wrestling games was WWF Royal Rumble, I think I had it for the Genesis, played that game for hours without getting tired of it. Great Game Ill go with No Mercy for best.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Royal Rumble was awesome back in the day DO...I'll probably play it tonight lol

The Anigma

Reaction score
I know it's great DO...like I said I might dig out the ol' genesis and play it...I'm going to go try to download that too Antony...

Mr. Mat

Wwf Royal Rumble Was Badass I Love No Mercy & Wcw Revenge On 64
Wwe Here Comes The Pain & Shut Your Mouth Where Awesome Too

Soulpower

Strictly console games...

No Mercy-An Incredibly deep story mode, and it had every wrestlimg move imaginable. And there's few things better in a wrestling game than winning every title (including the Women's title) with Stevie Richards.

Here Comes The Pain- Only game from the SD series with the likes of Ultimo Dragon, Scott Steiner and Goldberg on the roster. The AI is smart and actually challenging (something that's lacking in the SvR series) and if you use Brock Lesnar, you just won't lose.

Honorable Mention-Smackdown:Just Bring it for the PS2. It was a terrible game, but the hearing Cole on commentary was GODLY!! The Rock has a nice... The Rock Bottom, The Rock Bottom!

Antony_nz

Reaction score
To the users downloading from my link its a wrestling sim.
Please tell me what you all think.
Here is a review i dug up.
Right now im playing WWE in the 2003.
Last time i was playing WWF 1998. But i went bankrupt.

THE GOOD:
- Easy to learn and play
- Realism
- Free
- Customization
- You control everything

THE BAD:
- Segment Limits
- No Sound

SUMMARY:
Extreme Warfare Revenge is the game for any wrestling fan who has watched a show and gone "I can do that better". If you are one of those people then this is the game for you as you can take control of the worlds largest (and even the smallest) wrestling companies and run the company the way you think it should be.

The games concept is simple. Take control of a wrestling company and make it bigger and better by booking the shows and controlling things behind the scenes. In order for your empire to grow you must provide an entertaining show while not spending too much money on expensive superstars until you can afford it.

The realism in this game is great. If you book somebody like The Big Show against Spike Dudley the match rating won't be as impressive as a Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit match. In order to put together an entertaining show you have to think about who works well with each other. Bear in mind that plain violence may win you ratings in the short run but you will end up with an unhappy injured locker room.

Customization is another great thing about this game. Everything is customizable, wrestlers, TV networks, finishing moves, title belts. You really can change absolutely everything in this game; you can even create your own companies and wrestlers. This is a great thing for keeping your game up to date, if something changes in real life, you can change it in the game with no hassles.

In the world of wrestling many things change regularly. EWR accommodates for this. You are able to download roster updates that will update all of the information in the games database. This makes it easy to keep your game up to date without having to change everything yourself.

Some updates are based on previous years in the industry or even fantasy scenarios, this opens up a world of options. You can relive the attitude era or try and make ECW become the dominant company. You can even find scenarios which has all of the McMahon’s owning a different company and fighting amongst each other to become the best in the business.

This games one downside is the limit of segments you can have in one show. In companies like WWE it is hard to use all of the superstars you would like to. A maximum of 11 segments are available to you if you have a prime time TV slot, other time slots have less segment slots available. This is where TEW (Total Extreme Warfare) gets an advantage as that game allows you to choose how long each segment will last for.

The absence of sound in this game is only a down side if you don't listen to music on your computer. Just have iTunes or Media Player running while you play and enjoy the game while listening to your own music.

EWR has everything you want, thousands of real wrestlers, up to 35 companies at once in the game and you behind one company trying to kill off your competition and become the dominant force in the wrestling industry. Everything is in your hands. The fact that this game is free only makes it that much better.

the dark knight

1. here comes the pain ( it was my life. 24/7 on it with my friends. )

2. smakdown know your role

3. smackdown shut your mouth

4. wwf war zone

5. wwe wrestlemania XIX on game cube.

6. SD vs RAW 06

too tired to list the rest

MasterEvc

Reaction score
I like the new SD vs RAW 07, cant wait for 08

Im surprised nobody posted some "old school" wrestling games like

WCW vs NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy, all on the N64. Those were great games, I still have all 3 of them :D

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
1) Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain

2) Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth

3) Wrestlemania 2000 (Some of you are foregtting this game, it was great at the time)

4) No Mercy

5) Smackdown: Know Your Role

MasterEvc

Reaction score
3) Wrestlemania 2000 (Some of you are foregtting this game, it was great at the time)

This was the first WWF game to use Titantrons I believe, although they were just what seemed to be low quality GIF's.

I remember the day I got this game, my cousin and i played it all day

Nation

This is hard so ill just list some of my favorites

Showdown Legends of Wrestling-Im really surprised no one has listed this sure the wrestling isn't that great but it's dedicated to the legends and besides the nature boy they pretty much have all the great legends.

ECW Hardcore Revolution-Great old school game even though it was to much like WWF Attitude and it's ECF'nW.

WCW Mayhem-Greatest WCW game and just one of the best wrestling games ever.

WCW/nWo Thunder-Another great old school game.

WWE SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain-Pretty much perfect.

WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth-I loved the draft.

WWF WrestleMania 2000-Just awesome.

WWF War Zone-Still play it every once in a while.

WWF SmackDown!-It started it all.

WWF Attitude-One of the greatest games.

WWF No Mercy-The best game.

SD vs. RAW 07-It keeps getting better and better.