Greatest wrestler in TNA history never to win TNA world title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ATKOOL

Reaction score
You hear that question a lot around WWE, but what wrestler in TNA history who never won the world title should have. In my opinion, it is without question: The Alpha Male Monty Brown!! I always loved his character, but he never won the world title despite being in some high profile matches in TNA in the early years. It was tough when Christian first came and his first title defense was against Monty Brown. Liked them both, but I wanted Christian to have a decent reign. Monty Brown never did win the TNA or NWA world title which is a shame in my opinion. Who do you think is the best wrestler or TNA superstar never to win the world title in TNA history?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Christopher Daniels.

One of the most experienced wrestlers on the roster. Has been in & out of TNA quite a few times throughout the years, was involved in the great feud between himself, Joe & AJ. Has held the X-Division Title on numerous occasions. Played a character for the TNA Video Game when they needed him to step in and replace Frankie Kazarian. Has had success on the Indy's too, especially in Ring of Honor where he didn't win the World Title there either. But IMO, Christopher Daniels is the Greatest Wrestler in TNA history to never win the TNA World Title.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Randy Savage or CM Punk.

Excluding those who were only there briefly, probably Jay Lethal circa 'Black Machismo' gimmick.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Think all three mentioned so far are great choices. Really was behind Lethal when he first started the gimmick and had that street fight with Team 3D where he dominated. Another one I'd consider would be Kazarian. Always thought he had what it took and had classics with Christian and Angle.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Very hard to choose just one when you have guys like monty brown, cm punk, christopher daniels (still hope for him yet) and petey williams all good wrestlers who have been involved in main events and title matches wheter in TNA or not and all deserved/deserve to win the title.

Although punks a bit of a push as he wasn't there for long.

Wonder if curry man or shark boy will get any mentions

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
im going to go with "the aplha male" monty brown, he is an excellent wrestler and i really want him to come back!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Christopher Daniels, and it's not even close the guy can do everything like the top guys could do. Wrestle, cut promo carry young and old talent.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Given my limited knowledge, Christopher Daniels.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Christopher Daniels without a doubt in my mind.

Does Ric Flair count? If so, I would love him to have a short run with any title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
For me it has to be Monty Brown as well. The guy was so good and so over when he was in the mainevent. TNA had many, many chances to put the title on him but JJ kept retaining the title and then I think Raven took it. He had everything you want in a champion and TNA made a massive mistake by not pushing him right to the top.

Chris Daniels is another good choice.

Reaction score
IMO its either Kazarian or Christopher Daniels both are great wrestlers,been in IW a long time and have never gotten a world title run which is a shame id like to see atleast daniels get a run based off the role hes on right now with his heel gimmick but sadly i cant see it happening

Deuce

Reaction score
Chris Daniels, he has had great matches and feuds in TNA, the guy is one of the most experienced wrestlers in TNA right now and his finishing maneuvers always look painful. Christopher Daniels has gotta be the Greatest Wrestler in TNA History to NOT win the TNA World Title.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Matt Morgan would be up there too.

There was a time where he was over and in the main event, they just didn't 'pull the trigger' with him.