Greatest TNA Champion Semi-Finals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
How can someone booking themselves as champ be any better? Cyrus you should vote in your own tourney as should [MENTION=59]Horrorfan_1986[/MENTION] and [MENTION=288]Halfbreed[/MENTION]

I don't feel right voting in this tournament as I generally feel as if most (If not all to some degree) TNA World Title reigns have sucked.

Halfbreed

Reaction score
Bobby Roode over Jeff Jarrett
This is a tough one, because you have mitigating circumstances on either side of the argument, and I can see the merits on both sides that have been presented here. In general, my decision came down to one general fact above all others—neither Jarrett's multiple reigns or Roode's lengthy first reign really sparked major business for TNA, and both were the top heels of their respective eras (it's a difficult task to compare a multiple-time world champion who's likely done for the most part as a main event player in TNA versus a young wrestler that's entering his prime). To my knowledge, Roode's first World Title reign was the longest in TNA history as well. To me, the deciding factor came down to putting Roode's title run and viewing it through a prism in relationship to Jarrett's reigns. Creatively, Bobby Roode's reign was to me the high watermark of the company, whereas I can't really remember much of Jarrett's various reigns.

Kurt Angle over A.J. Styles
This might not be a popular opinion, but this has nothing to do with Kurt Angle being a 'better champion' than Styles than it does TNA's bad usage of him in the role of champion. Again, just my opinion.