Greatest Tag Team of the Last 30 years Semifinals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
with a tie in the last round we have two triple threats

The Brainbusters vs The Rockers vs The Dudleyz

The Rock N Roll Express vs The Midnight Express vs LOD

voting Ends Friday at 10pm

Reaction score
1. The Rockers - The Rockers and Brainbusters were both a hell of a lot better than the Dudley Boyz. Both Rockers and Brainbusters were together for roughly the same amount of time, although Rockers may have been together for a bit longer. The difference between the Rockers and Brainbusters was that the Brainbuster's most legendary tag team matches were actually faction matches. Meanwhile, Rockers just delivered one great tag after another in the AWA and WWE.

2. Midnight Express - The Road Warriors are blown away by both Rock 'n' Roll Express and MX. MX were perfect. They were together long enough to create a legacy, but they ended before they could begin to tarnish their legacy. RnR were together past their prime.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Dudley's- I loved the rockers but I also find it hard to beat a team that has 23 titles held. The rockers were great but were not together long enough, the brainbusters were dangerous but it is hard to overlook 23 titles.

Midnight Express: I have to basically say HF1986 said enough.

Reaction score
Dudley's- I loved the rockers but I also find it hard to beat a team that has 23 titles held. The rockers were great but were not together long enough, the brainbusters were dangerous but it is hard to overlook 23 titles.

Is it though? For their World Tag Team Titles, their longest reign was just 86 days. If you average out their time lengths, their eight reigns were only roughly a month a piece. Their one WWE tag title reign was not even a month. Their only WCW tag title reign was under a month as well. Their one NWA tag title reign was under a month. Their two TNA tag title reigns were about two months a piece. For their ECW tag title reigns (eight), the longest reign was just 95 days, with many of the rest under a month.

All together, the Dudley Boyz held tag gold for a grand total of 768 days. 768 days for 23 reigns? That's a mere month per title reign. Meanwhile, the Rockers' time as champions in the AWA was for 201 days. That's an average of a 100 days per reign. In fact, the Rockers first reign as tag champions (118 days)? Longer than any Dudley Boyz/Team 3D tag title reign (Yes, WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA and TNA tag titles included).

The Dudley Boyz may have held the belts a ton, but they also lost them rather quickly...a ton.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Is it though? For their World Tag Team Titles, their longest reign was just 86 days. If you average out their time lengths, their eight reigns were only roughly a month a piece. Their one WWE tag title reign was not even a month. Their only WCW tag title reign was under a month as well. Their one NWA tag title reign was under a month. Their two TNA tag title reigns were about two months a piece. For their ECW tag title reigns (eight), the longest reign was just 95 days, with many of the rest under a month.

All together, the Dudley Boyz held tag gold for a grand total of 768 days. 768 days for 23 reigns? That's a mere month per title reign. Meanwhile, the Rockers' time as champions in the AWA was for 201 days. That's an average of a 100 days per reign. In fact, the Rockers first reign as tag champions (118 days)? Longer than any Dudley Boyz/Team 3D tag title reign (Yes, WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA and TNA tag titles included).

The Dudley Boyz may have held the belts a ton, but they also lost them rather quickly...a ton.

Yeah but they also happened to be in the era when the titles of all the companies changed hands rather quickly. If the Dudleys happened to be big in the mid to early 80's they would not have had as many reigns but with lengthier reigns. All the champions of the 70's and 80's had long reigns. I could be wrong in that thought but I think they would have had some longer reigns than getting big in the Attitude era/Monday night wars were the companies were trying to get a leg up on the other by changing the titles rather quickly or just for shock value.

Reaction score
Yeah but they also happened to be in the era when the titles of all the companies changed hands rather quickly. If the Dudleys happened to be big in the mid to early 80's they would not have had as many reigns but with lengthier reigns. All the champions of the 70's and 80's had long reigns. I could be wrong in that thought but I think they would have had some longer reigns than getting big in the Attitude era/Monday night wars were the companies were trying to get a leg up on the other by changing the titles rather quickly or just for shock value.

Perhaps, but that doesn't change things, does it? You could also say that if Demolition wrestled in the Attitude Era, they would have been a 30 time tag champions. But you can't change history or add an Astrix. The Dudley Boyz lost the tag titles rather quickly, and a lot. Meanwhile, what about teams like Chris Candido and Lance Storm (ECW tag title reign of 203 days), Londrick (WWE tag title reign of 331 days), AMW (NWA tag title reign of 250 days), Beer Money (TNA tag title reign of 212 days) and The Brothers of Descruction (WWE era of WCW tag title reign of 49 days). All of those title reigns occurred in roughly the same time period as the Dudley's various times as champions. Each one showed that you can be a much longer champion than the Dudleys were, despite it being the modern era.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Perhaps, but that doesn't change things, does it? You could also say that if Demolition wrestled in the Attitude Era, they would have been a 30 time tag champions. But you can't change history or add an Astrix. The Dudley Boyz lost the tag titles rather quickly, and a lot. Meanwhile, what about teams like Chris Candido and Lance Storm (ECW tag title reign of 203 days), Londrick (WWE tag title reign of 331 days), AMW (NWA tag title reign of 250 days), Beer Money (TNA tag title reign of 212 days) and The Brothers of Descruction (WWE era of WCW tag title reign of 49 days). All of those title reigns occurred in roughly the same time period as the Dudley's various times as champions. Each one showed that you can be a much longer champion than the Dudleys were, despite it being the modern era.

I am not saying to put an asterisks next to them and all that you mentioned did hold the titles longer than they did, but sometimes I also think that it has to depend on what you did in those reigns. I mean a David Arquette reign meant nothing to anyone but the fact that WCW was desperate to get attention back to their product. The matches the Dudleys had with E&C along with the Hardy's in WWE were all decent. I didn't see many of the ECW matches until the end of ECW but their style of matches that defined them and their length together IMO helped to keep them around and I still find it amazing that with all the abuse that they have taken that they can still perform decent enough to this day. I loved the Rockers don't get me wrong I watched that episode where Shawn beat the hell out of Marty on the Barber shop when I was a kid, I just feel that they were not together long enough to keep up with the Dudley's, MX or RNR Express. Not taking anything away from them but since they were not together long enough I think hurt them here.

Reaction score
I just feel that they were not together long enough to keep up with the Dudley's, MX or RNR Express. Not taking anything away from them but since they were not together long enough I think hurt them here.

Pretty interesting since the Rockers were together longer than the Midnight Express. ;)

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Pretty interesting since the Rockers were together longer than the Midnight Express. ;)

you are quite accurate on that but overall the Midnight express teams were much larger and longer lived than that of the Rockers excluding the crap in the late 90's. Thus were I was coming from. I think my appeal with MX was more with the fact that Eaton was more or less a life long tag team wrestler where he was paired with a couple of other partners and still had decent matches with the new incarnations of MX. I liked the Rockers and felt that had they stayed together say another year or two I would not be saying what I said nor would I even have though twice about the Dudleys.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
*Random Swamps Appearance*

The Rockers. I mark for HBK... enough said.

Midnight Express. For their matches with The Fantastics and The Rock N Roll Express.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Brainbusters - they were the perfect team, just a bit better than the rockers and a lot better than the Dudleyz.

Rock n Roll Express - hard decision but I went with these guys.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The Rockers & The Roadwarriors, will post reasons in a bit.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1]Fuje Vise[/MENTION]
[MENTION=72]Cyrus Riddle[/MENTION]
and anyone else wanna add their votes

Brainbusters are the superior team in this triple threat

Rock N Roll Express embodied everything that was great tag team wrestling I can't think about my childhood without think of the Rock N Roll Express executing a double dropkick

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm going to go for Brainbusters and Midnight Express. I'll give my reasons later but I'm on my way to a wedding right now so I don't have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.