• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

greatest Tag Team of the Last 30 years Round 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Match 7
#1 - The Steiner Brothers
[YOUTUBE]657_ZVaSP-8[/YOUTUBE]

VS

WC - The Rockers
[YOUTUBE]Ls0gp9f4Jdg[/YOUTUBE]

Match #8
#2 - The Dudleyz
[YOUTUBE]4lGW8CchwOQ[/YOUTUBE]

VS

WC - Los Guerreros
[YOUTUBE]vVbTlxKapdU[/YOUTUBE]

Match 9
#5 - The Rock N Roll Express
[YOUTUBE]1bIDgotzoAM[/YOUTUBE]

VS

#28 - The Kings of Wrestling
[YOUTUBE]9l2FkqMmlFA[/YOUTUBE]

Match 10

#6 - Beer Money Inc
[YOUTUBE]iNhlcvqulBU[/YOUTUBE]

VS

#26 - The Briscoes
[YOUTUBE]lPdX7rnSuMY[/YOUTUBE]

Match 11

#8 - Demolition
[YOUTUBE]Hht2qlIopSU[/YOUTUBE]
VS

#18 - Edge & Christian
[YOUTUBE]Qxgm-XxkQC4[/YOUTUBE]

1. The Rockers - There's something to be said about stopping at a certain point. Had the Steiners stopped teaming in 1994, they would have easily beat the Rockers. Instead, they competed for several more years where they often were involved in some dreadful matches. From beginning until end, Rockers were great.

2. Dudley Boyz - I don't know how far the Dudleyz should go, but they can easily beat a team that was only together for a year (Even if it was a good year).

3. Rock 'n' Roll Express - Kings are great, but RnR were tag wrestling. When you talk about Southern tag style, you're talking about RnR. The face-in-peril sequence and role is nicknamed the "Playing Ricky Morton". So you have to be more than just being a great modern team to beat RnR.

4. The Briscoes - Dominated indy tag wrestling for a decade now. Beer Money were involved in some of the most overrated TNA matches.

5. Edge and Christian - I really wanted to vote for Demolition, but E&C helped create a new boom period in tag wrestling for the WWE and they have more highly regarded matches. In some ways, E&C are a little overrated while Demolition are underrated, but E&C were better.

I can see E&C since I have claimed Demolition is my favorite tag team of all time, but why Briscoes? I can't see a single argument for why Beer Money is better than Briscoes. Hell, Beer Money wasn't even Storm's best tag team.

Bad News Booty

Why is Demolition your favorite team? I feel bad cuz they are universally regarded as an LOD ripoff but they actually were better workers and should have been around much longer.

Sabretooth

The Rockers - The Steiners were great but the Rockers could outsmart them and pull off the victory.

The Dudleyz - I like Los Guerrero's but they're not particularly remembered for their tag team as much as singles stars. Bubba and Devon teamed for 20 years with 23 tag titles. That beats one year of teaming with two tag titles.

The Rock n Roll Express - back in the day, these guys were tag team wrestling. KoW were good but not on the level of Rock n Roll Express.

Beer Money - these guys carried the tag division in TNA with their antics along with their skills. People wanted to watch them. For me, the Briscoes not making it to TNA or WWE does play a factor.

Demolition - their power game would be too much for E&C to handle. 474 days at champions, that takes the cake.

Just thought the Briscoes never getting to TNA or WWE would factor into it a little

Why would it? Oh sure, twenty years from now, they may not have the legacy of some WWE teams, but it doesn't take away from them. If anything, not being in the WWE/TNA has helped the Briscoes. In the past decade, tag team wrestling has been at an all time low for the WWE. If you wanted to see tag team wrestling in the states (Without fucking horrible booking that was Russo TNA), you had to watch the indies. And who was at the forefront of indy team wrestling? The Briscoes. They're the only team in the past decade that you don't even need to think about it before calling them a possible tag team of the year (Sole exception being 2005 due to the Briscoe's time away from wrestling). The Briscoes may have had rough time periods where they received some hate, but honestly, what year hasn't had a US tag MOTYC with the Briscoes?

The Briscoes are tag team wrestling in the 2000's.

Why is Demolition your favorite team? I feel bad cuz they are universally regarded as an LOD ripoff but they actually were better workers and should have been around much longer.

Most of it comes down to nostalgia and loving them as a kid. I just find the entire act so entertaining. They looked like stars, had my favorite theme music of all time (Remember that in case you're ever on Jeopardy and they ask that question), and they had a pretty decent collection of quality matches. They knew what sort of team they were meant to be, so they just concentrated on being as good of a brawling/power team as possible.

Postman Dave

Rockers - The Steiners had some fantastic matches in their prime, but stuck around too long and as a result have had a few duds. As HF said, The Rockers weren't together long enough to have bad matches. Even their reunion on Raw against La Rez was surprisingly good.

Dudleys - No contest

RNR - Created the template other teams follow. Going to take a bigger team than the Kings to take them down.

Briscoes - Whilst I have enjoyed Beer Money, AMW was the better James Storm tag team, and the Briscoes have dominated tag team wrestling the last few years.

E&C - Shockingly even between these two teams. Both dominated their respective divisions during tag team peak periods, one has a long reign, the other many reigns. Simply enjoyed E&C more, they're more from my time.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
The Rockers - I'm sure they had some bad matches but I honestly can't remember seeing one. Hell, their house show matches are better than a lot of tag teams best stuff on PPV, so this is an easy one for me.

Dudleyz - Get the tables, longevity is the key factor here.

Rock 'n' Roll Express - The R 'n' R's are the greatest babyface tag team in history. I'd say that's reason enough to move them on in the tournament.

The Briscoes - I like Beer Money but outside of their series with MCMG I'm struggling to think of a lot of good stuff from them. The Briscoes own the indy tag scene and have been dominant for way longer so this one's pretty easy for me as well.

Demolition - Mainly because I think this one is a very close call and the Demo's don't have any votes yet. I can understand E & C moving on if it happens though.

Bad News Booty

Steiners were the greatest tag team for a long period of time imo The Rockers never did much for me at all

Dudleyz with ease

RnR Express were everything that a great face tag team should be

BMI because I enjoy their dynamic and tbh I have only seen a few Brisco Brothers matches

Demolition was just a great team that took a forumla and perfected it, I love E&C and they entertained me to no end but they are hurt because they were both so good and both were just destined to be singles superstars, if they could have stayed a team for a few more year they might have ended up being a major contender for this whole thing

[MENTION=1]Fuje Vise[/MENTION] waiting on you & [MENTION=72]Cyrus Riddle[/MENTION] if he wants to weigh in

Cyrus Riddle

Steiners - Rick and Scott have to take the cake in this matchup, and although the Rockers brought a new style to the tag team scene, they didn't have the success or longevity that the Steiners had.

Dudleyz - I really didn't find this matchup to be a hard decision at all, the Dudleyz really are a team that speaks for themselves.

Rock N Roll Express - Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of RNRE, nor have I watched many matches of theirs, but I am aware of their significance in this business. So, in comparing them with the KOW, as much as I enjoyed the Kings, they really can't compete with a team like RNRE.

Briscoes - This decision was kinda hard for me, but the overall decision has to go to Jay and Mark. I am a huge fan of the Briscoes, they are a record setting tag team in ROH, and have been a mainstay on the indy scene for years. Although BMI was in a bigger company, I don't feel they have accomplished nearly as much as Jay and Mark.

E & C - Demolition was fun when I was younger, but looking back I think Edge and Christian have the entire package here. They were entertaining on a constant basis, they had the in ring skills, and they had the mic skills. Plus, they had some great title runs that I feel warrant them a victory here.

Status
Not open for further replies.