Great Muta in WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neilslam

Reaction score
hey all,

I was putzing on YOUTUBE and one of the TOP 10 wrestling lists was TEN WRESTLERS
WHO WERE NEVER IN THE WWE. one of the them is The Great Muta. one of the feedback
comments was that "it's criminal that Muta was never in the WWE." he is an innovator who
originated the back handspring elbow, the Mutalock,the Shining WIzard and, of course,
the moonsault. he'd the the perfect heel and I can seea feud between him and Shinsuke
Nakamura. of course, he is in his 50s. but still movesdecently and the Green Mist is a great
pop. of course, I say Nakamura because I see SMACKDOWN as being more open to Muta's
character as opposed to RAW. Vince and folk would probably either water it down or restrict
him to wrestling as Keiji Mutoh. I hope Muta does WWE even if it's only for a cup of coffee.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It's slightly criminal, but with Muta's age, it wouldn't be really as good as it would have been in his prime. So for now, I am fine thinking of it as a "What could have been?"

Neilslam

Reaction score
true. I suppose it would be "who would be willing to job for Muta?" that would be interesting.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Take it from a guy who watched Muta not that long ago. Muta does not still "move well". He moves well considering both his knees consists of duplo and rubber bands. But he is far from super mobile. Or able to pull off a bigger match these days.

It is a shame that he never went to WWE. But he has decades worth of matches to watch from his career in Japan to watch for those that want to.

I personally do not want 54 year old Keiji Mutoh hobbling around a WWE ring to spit mist in the face of Dolph only to do a moonsault and destroy his knees again.

Neilslam

Reaction score
you're right. he "moves well" for someone who's knees are probably shot. not to date
myself, but I remeber his debut in WCCW in 1988. he was amazing. (in fact, I made
up a pair of fictional lady wrestlers Oni Masami (a sort of homage to Devil Masami)
and Lady Muta. both use the green mist and incorporate his arsenal into their own
(though they're less inclined to pull whatever object from under the ring to use.) )
well, perhaps a one or two off match. they did that with Jushin Thunder Liger
against Tyler Breeze (he's the same age as Muta). but, it probably would be a
little sad to see. epecailly if Vince and Co. wouldn't let him do what makes Muta
Muta.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
you're right. he "moves well" for someone who's knees are probably shot. not to date
myself, but I remeber his debut in WCCW in 1988. he was amazing. (in fact, I made
up a pair of fictional lady wrestlers Oni Masami (a sort of homage to Devil Masami)
and Lady Muta. both use the green mist and incorporate his arsenal into their own
(though they're less inclined to pull whatever object from under the ring to use.) )
well, perhaps a one or two off match. they did that with Jushin Thunder Liger
against Tyler Breeze (he's the same age as Muta). but, it probably would be a
little sad to see. epecailly if Vince and Co. wouldn't let him do what makes Muta
Muta.
Difference is Liger is much smarter than Muta and figured out that he needed to change up his style as he got older. Mutoh never did that and kept doing his moonsaults straight onto his knees until way beyond its best by date.

His knees are not just "probably" shot. They are shot times ten. He's had so many knee surgeries its not even funny anymore.

He basically only works multimen matches these days, so his actual amount of work is limited.

Here's his latest one featuring a bunch of other old men.

I definitely think he should head into the hall of fame one day based on his work in the NWA and WCW tho.