Great American Bash

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is going to win the WWE Championship at The Great American Bash

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Lashely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I don't know about the theme song but the matchs are good so far. We got a so called "Dream" match between Cena and Lashley which should be a reasonable match. The WHC match between Kane and Edge could either be a great match or not so good but we'll have to wait and see. Overall, the match that I am waiting for is MVP and Hardy. I know that Hardy won't win this match but I know these two will have other great matchs coming up in the near future.

KENNEDY412

Reaction score
According to wwe.com the theme song for the bash is The church of Hot Addiction by Cobra starship but i could sware that they said it was a song by bon jovi on raw. And to sold1er they were also showing videos of lashleys career as well.

My predictions for the bash are
Cena Retains
Edge Retains
Nitro retains and cm punk beats him at summerslam.
Matt Hardy beats MVP.
Batista beats Khali
Orton beats dusty setting up a cody vs orton match at summerslam.
Candice retains

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I trhink the GAB will be really good. I hope to see Batista and Lashley win.
I also think this will be a good opportunity for matt to show that he is championship material.

Markz

Reaction score
^ I want him to prove that aswell but I don't want MVP to lose the title this early.

It should be really good GAB usually is pretty good.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
The only thing is that Rey won't be in the Bash

hbk4894

Reaction score
The contest for the United States Championship at The Great American Bash promises not only to be a competitive encounter between two of WWE’s finest, young and talented Superstars, but also an intersection of fates for Matt Hardy and the champion, Montel Vontavious Porter.

If you ask MVP about his fate, he would explain that he is preordained to bear the gold around his self-affirmed deserving waist. By contrast, Hardy believes he was predestined to fight for everything he’s ever wanted, and at The Great American Bash, he intends on doing just that.

“I’ve never stopped working hard, and I’ve never been afraid to scratch and claw to be the best I can be,â€￾ said a sincere Matt Hardy. “MVP is an amazing athlete, performer and wrestler. He was that good that he could walk into WWE and become U.S. Champion within a single year,â€￾ he continued.

“I’m not the most talented guy to ever walk through the doors of WWE. I don’t stand out in any single category except for one: having heart and desire.â€￾

Regarded by fans as one of sports-entertainment’s most passionate competitors, Hardy’s collar is unquestionably blue, whereas Porter’s is diamond-studded. Hardy has fought and worked for every single opportunity he has been afforded, whereas Montel Vontavious Porter walked into a top-dollar contract on SmackDown.

“MVP, when he came in, he was the guy who was gifted,â€￾ explained a guileless Hardy. “I was the guy who had to work for it, much like the people watching around the world who cheer for me. They work hard to achieve their goals and so do I,â€￾ he said.

“I know it’s going to be a hell of a challenge to get the title off of him, but I know it’s within me to do it, because right now, I am better than I’ve ever been.â€￾

It took the highest-paid free agent in SmackDown history, United States Champion MVP, less than one year to claim WWE gold, compared to Hardy who has endured a decade of sweat and blood spill, ladders and personal fate twists.

Matt Hardy’s trophy case is far from barren. In addition to a wealth of World Tag Team Championships with his brother Jeff, Hardy also secured several singles titles early in his WWE career, including the Cruiserweight Championship as well as the now defunct Hardcore and European Championships. Still, despite his remarkable success over the last few years (and especially more recently on SmackDown), Hardy’s hunt for singles gold has not yet quite reached the same heights that he’s scaled in the tag team division.

That could all change for the native North Carolinian next Sunday in San Jose, Calif., when Hardy meets MVP for one of the most prestigious championships in sports-entertainment.

“When you look at major singles titles,â€￾ said the challenger, “the first things that stick out are the United States and the Intercontinental Championships. They are basically building blocks to being the World Heavyweight Champion or the WWE Champion. And those have eluded me over the course of my career. But my ultimate goal is to one day be the World Champion here, and the first natural step to that is the U.S. Title.â€￾

The fan-favorite finally has a chance to secure the United States Championship when he faces a man who believes he is “God’s gift to the squared circle.â€￾ According to Hardy, it could be a night of ill fortune for the “half-man, half-amazingâ€￾ Superstar who currently wears the gold.

“MVP is an extremely talented guy and if you don’t believe it, just ask him,â€￾ Hardy added. “We’re going to have a great match. And my ultimate goal is for MVP to suffer a very unfortunate Twist of Fate and Matt Hardy to become the new United States Champion.â€￾
from wwe.com

Truth

Reaction score
Kahli vs. Kane vs. Batista
Gonna be completely honest I think anyone could win this. I would say Kane has the least amount of possibility with Batista and Kahli tied. I'm pulling for Kane or Batista but I just think Kahli will hold on until Summerslam.

Cena vs. Lashley
Only reason I pick Cena is because I think Lashley is going to win it at Summerslam

MVP vs. Matt Hardy
MVP got this one, you know WWE will book Matt Hardy to lose a few teasing the fans and then finally win it.

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy
Im pulling for either one in this one, both are good champs and if I had to pick I'd say Jeff Hardy wins.

Carlito vs. Sandman
The depush of Carlito continues, Sandmans going to pick up the win since Vince likes him and hates Carlito.

Candice vs. Melina
Candince retains

John Morrison vs. CM Punk
There going to keep the strap on the rejuvenated Nitro and continue to tease Punk winning the title. Yeah I see alot of title changes at Summerslam.

Orton vs. Dusty
I think its pretty obvious Orton will win it, I would say he kills the legend but Rhodes is signing a talent contract so maybe he gets close to doing it but Cody saves his dad.

3lions

Reaction score
Khali vs. Kane vs. Batista
Khali should retain here. It would be stupid to allow him to hold the title for only 3/6 days (depending on whether you start his reign from tues or fri). However, I could see any of these guys winning.
Winner: Khali

Cena vs. Lashley
This match is somewhat of a pick'em, but I will go with Cena.
Winner: Cena

MVP vs. Matt Hardy
MVP has this one in the bag, due to the fact Matt got a win on SD! and also eliminated MVP from the Battle Royale. MVP gets the win and then loses it at SS
Winner: MVP

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy
Easy one for me. Umaga goes into SS with the belt.
Winner: Umaga

Carlito vs. Sandman
I'd usually expect Sandman to get buried here, but it seems as though Vince likes him so he should get the win
Winner: Sandman

CW Battle Royale
Noble will take this. Chavo then goes onto feud with Rey, whilst Noble feuds and eventually drops the dtrap to JWY.
Winner : Noble

Candice vs. Melina
Candice retains
Winner: Candice

New gimmick. Needs more credibility. Punk continues to chase the title
Winner: JM

Orton vs. Dusty
This will be a war. But Orton will obviously get the win. Cody will also do a run-in, possibly even helping Orton get te win ...
Winner: Orton

Soulpower

Another match has been added....

WWE.com has announced that Chavo Guerrero will defend his Cruiserweight title in a "Cruiserweight Open" match. He will face Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Funaki and Jamie Noble.

Now, time for my picks.

Cruiserweight Open match: I'm going with Jamie Noble. He's been getting a lot of air time as of late, and I think he'll win the CW title.

Randy Orton vs Dusty Rhodes:
I'm taking Randy. A part of me feels that Cody will turn heel, the rest of me believes Orton will crush Dusty and Randy and Cody will keep on feuding. Either way, Orton wins.

John Morrison vs CM Punk:
Morrison is a new gimmick, unless someone in the back really hates him I don't see him losing the title yet. Punk's time will be at Summerslam

Candice vs Melina:
Botched interference by Beth Phoenix gives Candice the win.

Carlito vs. Sandman:
Sandman's specialty match... So you know Carlito's winning. Vince likes Sandman, but he has to realize that of the two, Carlito is the one with a ton of potential.

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy:
Jeff wins via DQ (Maybe the return of Armando?) Umaga retains the title.

MVP vs. Matt Hardy
MVP will win and one of two things will happen. Either this feud will continue, or due to Edge's injury Matt will be elevated to the ME scene by losing the match, but still looking strong.

John Cena vs Bobby Lashley:
SPOILERS!!!: Cena wins

The Great Khali vs Kane vs Batista
You will worship the Great Khali, you will bow down to The Great Khali. Too much Khalifornication for Kane and Batista in this match.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
All these quotes are Soulpowers...since his predictions seem the most legit out of the one's I read.

Cruiserweight Open match: I'm going with Jamie Noble. He's been getting a lot of air time as of late, and I think he'll win the CW title.

Eh....they've shoved Jimmy Yang down our throats enough, why not let him have it now?

I'm taking Randy. A part of me feels that Cody will turn heel, the rest of me believes Orton will crush Dusty and Randy and Cody will keep on feuding. Either way, Orton wins.

I don't think Cody will turn heel just yet. I mean, he's only had one match and they really haven't sewn any seeds for it.

Morrison is a new gimmick, unless someone in the back really hates him I don't see him losing the title yet. Punk's time will be at Summerslam

This is one where CM Punk has to be ROYALLY screwed. If Morrison wins cleanly or even close to cleanly it will make Punk look really bad.

Candice vs Melina:
Botched interference by Beth Phoenix gives Candice the win.
I agree completely

Carlito vs. Sandman:
Sandman's specialty match... So you know Carlito's winning. Vince likes Sandman, but he has to realize that of the two, Carlito is the one with a ton of potential.

I'm sure they realize that. I agree here too.

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy:
Jeff wins via DQ (Maybe the return of Armando?) Umaga retains the title.

I think maybe Jeff will almost get a pinfall victory here. He's wrestled Umaga before and should be able to overcome him for a while. Umaga will still retain, either by DQ like you said, or by shooting Hardy down right before he wins.

MVP vs. Matt Hardy
MVP will win and one of two things will happen. Either this feud will continue, or due to Edge's injury Matt will be elevated to the ME scene by losing the match, but still looking strong.

Well, I don't think Hardy is stepping up just yet, so I wouldn't put Hardy winning past it. But I think MVP will win and they will have a gimmick match at Summerslam...maybe ladder (it IS SummerSlam)

SPOILERS!!!: Cena wins

LMAO.....of course. I'm not sure if Booker and Kennedy will interfere in this or not. Either way, I think they will have some role.
You will worship the Great Khali, you will bow down to The Great Khali. Too much Khalifornication for Kane and Batista in this match.

Khalifornication.....wow. That is now the official term for when WWE totally screws something up. As much as I'd like to see Batista OR Kane win this match (and remember, I'm not a Batista fan....that tells you something) Khali will still ruin Smackdown for me.

straight_edge76

Cruiserweight Open match: I'm going with Jamie Noble. I've always liked him and needs another title run

I'm taking Randy. He seems to always win these Legend VS Legend Killer Matchs plus i think the only reason they used Rhodes is to push Cody, i would have prefered a match with someone like steamboat

Even though im a huge Punk fan, I dont see him winning the belt until Summer Slam, Morrison wins by cheating obiously

Candice vs Melina:
Meh, a Diva Match Candice Retains

Carlito vs. Sandman:
More of a de-Push for Carlito, gotta take The Hardcore Icon

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy:
Umaga wins. don't see him losing it this early, but I see Jeff as the one to beat him at Survivor Series

MVP vs. Matt Hardy
MVP, I dont see him losing it until Summer Slam or Later, but Matt will win giving each Hardy the Mid-Card belts, Matt will slowly get a Main Event Push

As Much as I Hate Cena, id have to go with him

I want to say Kane but I dont see Khali losing it so early. He will drop the belt to Batista or kane in a few months or possibly a returning Edge

Reaction score
My Predictions...

WWE Title Match
John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley

World Heavyweight Title Match
The Great Khali (may lose, but retains) vs. Kane vs. Batista

ECW World Title Match

Singapore Cane Match
Sandman vs. Carlito

U.S. Title Match
MVP vs. Matt Hardy

Intercontinental Title Match
Umaga (May lose, but retains) vs. Jeff Hardy

Women's Title Match
Candice Michelle vs. Melina

Texas Bullrope Match
Randy Orton vs. Dusty Rhodes

Beer Money Army

new Match added to GAB

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Cruiserweight Open
- Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Shannon Moore vs. Funaki vs. Jamie Noble.

the dark knight

Cruiserweight Open match:
jamie noble. for he's done in the 20 over the top match...

orton...pretty obvious

alright, extreeme rules or not im not sure. BUT, i cant see morrison being pinnned at gab. somehow he'll retain, maybe an interference or something im not sure. MORRISON FTW!!!!

Candice vs Melina:
:2:

Carlito vs. Sandman:
sandman got the last stand...carlito wins.

Umagavs. Jeff Hardy:
time for umaga to lose...not so sure.

MVP vs. Matt Hardy
hardy just keeps winning matches..guess what? you win on the weekly show u job at the ppv.

alright, lashley beats up cena so bad he's going to get the pin. but instead, he snaps, gets the chair, DQs himself and proves cena right when he said that his anger is his problem or whatever he said.

PS :2up: cena

they still dont know what to do on smackdown. they're just lost so, khali for now...
and as always, KHALIFORNICATION FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ty monkey :D

oh and 3lions mate, the "spoilers" by SP was just a joke...