• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

Heisenberg

"Why don't you give us more news?" a Grand Theft Auto fan asked Rockstar about GTA5. In response, Rockstar's "Asked & Answered" column provided the two new screenshots of the upcoming game. You mean to tell us that approach works? This is going to change how we do our jobs.

Rockstar explained the relative quiet since the trailer: "We don't do this because we 'don't care about our fans' 'don't respect our fans' 'hate GTA fans etc' – precisely the opposite," a company rep stated in the column. "We do it because we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information, and because we want to keep plenty back for the actual game release so there are still lots of surprises when you play it."

When Rockstar is ready to show more, there'll probably be a trailer every single day until launch, judging by previous games.

Asked & Answered: Max Payne 3 and Grand Theft Auto V | Rockstar Games

gta51.jpg

gta52.jpg

Source: Steal a glance at two Grand Theft Auto 5 screens | Joystiq

Looks awesome. I wonder if these are just some pics to please the fans or if it's a sign that more and more is going to be released very soon. I hope so! The game looks epic, the graphics look amazing and I just really want it to come out soon. The map from the helicopter pic looks fucking huge and pretty detailed. Didn't they say some time ago that it's going to be like Los Santos again but MUCH bigger?

But anyway, I can't wait until this game comes out. Usually these types of games keep me occupied for a really long time. I've gotta finish GTA: SA again before this comes out to get me hyped.

Discuss!

Rated R Superstar

I don't think I've ever been more excited about a video than I am for GTA V. I am extremely excited about it. I really hope they bring back some old characters for this one. It would just be awesome.

Heisenberg

They usually have more then one trailer.

They only released a teaser for the first trailer which showed nothing then they released a official trailer showing the game. We've heard nothing since then and that was back in November.

So only 1 trailer.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Yeah and you've got comic con all week where people release things like new pictures to tease trailers etc. so these to pics which you act like are the key to unlocking the game are probably from a future trailer

Dademo

Nothing special imo. Anyone that truly knows me knows that I'm one of the biggest GTA fans in the world. I've been waiting 8 fucking months since trailer 1 dropped in November for another trailer. They give us two fucking screenshots, showing nothing knew. We knew that there was a city in the game, and water. Thanks Rockstar.

I began to stop getting excited for this game due to lack of information since at least April. Depriving fans is not good promotion at all. And sure, at least we got info, but all this is, is to pump up the fans and prepare them for another goddamn information drought.

And also fuck Max Payne 3. They spent YEARS working on that game, forcing them to delay the release of GTA V, only for it to flunk in sales and and sell less copies than HALF of what LA Noire sold. MP3 was a bust, yet Rockstar ignorantly disregards that fact and probably won't release Trailer 2 until November.

Sorry to be such a downer.

AF.

Nothing special imo. Anyone that truly knows me knows that I'm one of the biggest GTA fans in the world. I've been waiting 8 fucking months since trailer 1 dropped in November for another trailer. They give us two fucking screenshots, showing nothing knew. We knew that there was a city in the game, and water. Thanks Rockstar.

I began to stop getting excited for this game due to lack of information since at least April. Depriving fans is not good promotion at all. And sure, at least we got info, but all this is, is to pump up the fans and prepare them for another goddamn information drought.

And also fuck Max Payne 3. They spent YEARS working on that game, forcing them to delay the release of GTA V, only for it to flunk in sales and and sell less copies than HALF of what LA Noire sold. MP3 was a bust, yet Rockstar ignorantly disregards that fact and probably won't release Trailer 2 until November.

Sorry to be such a downer.

Rockstar make great games, and make sure their games are up to standard before release. I'm playing Max Payne 3 right now and the game is great. Polished, great story, great gunplay, it suffers from linear missions but I really, really enjoy it everytime I put it on. It's also been said that Rockstar isn't ready to post anything on the game, which means the game is taking a fucking long time to make. Rockstar will make this game as awesome as possible and aren't afraid to change release dates to do so. They don't need to hype GTA V because everybody already knows it's going to sell and make them heaps of money.

Can't be mad at Rockstar for taking their time and making great games.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Looks like Vice City.

I honestly thank Rockstar for taking the extra time to make sure the games are up to their standards, and wish alot of other game companies would do the same thing. I shouldnt have to wait 4 months for a patch because the developers didnt have enough time to fix glitches following the initial playtest.

Kahuna

While I am mindful of the potential, I can't count on one hand how many times a game released stills or "teasers" that looked so epic and made me, as well as many other players, excited only to be let down. I wouldn't get a boner just yet.