GPWT Round 1 - Ric Flair (1) -vs- Ted DiBiase (16)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the Greatest Professional Wrestler of All Time?

• Ric Flair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ted DiBiase

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veritas

Reaction score
Who is the Greatest Professional Wrestler of All Time?
Round 1

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair -vs- "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase​

View attachment 991
Ric Flair

- 8x NWA World Heavyweight Champion
- 6x WCW World Heavyweight Champion
- 2x WWE World Heavyweight Champion​

Ric Flair ranked 1st in the IWF 50 Greatest Wrestling Superstars of All Time, amassing a very impressive score of 426/450.​

View attachment 992
Ted DiBiase

- 3x WWE World Tag Team Champion
- 2x NWA Missouri Heavyweight Champion​

Ted DiBiase finished 16th in the IWF 50 Greatest Wrestling Superstars of All Time, scoring a 198/450 to narrowly edge out Roddy Piper.​

Reaction score
This one doesn't even need to be debated. It's the definitive wrestler and champion of wrestling's last true territorial days who was successful everywhere he went and with everything he did against a completely under rated and under valued talent in Ted DiBiasie. Flair's name alone is greater to wrestling than DiBiasie's entire legacy, and that's not a knock on DiBiasie as much as it is a testament to Flair. Flair in the most epic of rapes, we're talking Kobe and Ben Roesthlisberger rape. There are only four names in this tourney that can be debated against Flair; Hogan, Austin, Rock and Michaels.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Wrestling Ability: Flair

Promos: Close because Ted's awesome, but i'd still say Flair

Charisma: Not close. Flair

Accomplishments: Flair

Draw: Flair

DiBiase was absolutely the man in his day, and everything about him was cool. But...Flair completely trounces. Too bad because Ted's so good. Like Enzo said, not debatable.

Veritas

Reaction score
Against just about anyone else in this tournament, I'd say DiBiase would've faired much better here. But the fact is he was put up against, quite honestly, the best wrestler of the last 20-30 years. Flair could do anything and everything that is considered important in wrestling, from putting on 5-star matches to making his opponents look like a million bucks to talking asses into seats, there wasn't a thing he not only could do, but excelled at.

Sorry DiBiase but I have to go with the consensus.

Veritas

Reaction score
The great thing about a public poll is you can see who voted for who - Mike Chaos!

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything here but care to explain why you chose DiBiase over Flair?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
For myself, DiBiase's character will always be associated with pushing several other characters, not necessarily excelling himself. I don't think it needs to be said that Flair outclasses DiBiase in possibly every notable category you could apply...

1chiban

Reaction score
As much as Dibiase was great in his role as the Million Dollar Man there is no doubt that Flair's accomplishments and his name value make him rank higher on the 'best wrestler' scale than Dibiase.