GPWT Round 1: Randy Savage (6) -vs- Kurt Angle (11)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the Greatest Professional Wrestler of All Time?

• Randy Savage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kurt Angle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veritas

Reaction score
Who is the Greatest Professional Wrestler of All Time?​
Round 1
"Macho Man" Randy Savage -vs- Kurt Angle

View attachment 1001  ​
Randy Savage

- 2x WWE World Heavyweight Champion
- 4x WCW World Heavyweight Champion
- 1987 WWE King of the Ring

Randy Savage ranked 6th in the IWF 50 Greatest Wrestling Superstars of All Time, amassing a score of 308/450.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Savage

View attachment 1002
Kurt Angle

- 4x WWE World Heavyweight Champion
- 2x WCW World Heavyweight Champion
- 3x TNA World Heavyweight Champion
- 1x NWA World Heavyweight Champion
- 1x IWGP World Heavyweight Champion
- 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist

Kurt Angle finished 11th in the IWF 50 Greatest Wrestling Superstars of All Time, tying Curt Hennig with a score of 245/450.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Angle

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This is a very troublesome decision for me... on one hand, Macho Man really does hold the edge in several regards, Kurt in the ring is nearly unmatched. Savage in his later years was very, VERY hard to judge in terms of in-ring performance, even his presence itself was a bit weighed down in the WCW days with NWO...

...Kurt's been very professional and consistent in the ring since early on, and his maturation and development and improvement have been incredible. Clearly too early to tell if he ends up falling off hard, but based on the way he's continued to get better, I'd like to believe he could continue to do so much like Taker has done with his own career. On the other hand, Kurt really played off of some legendary promo-guys to get over in his own promos, he's never been much more than a guaranteed good match to me.

And although I argue Savage's decline in the ring as his career went on... I look back at so many classics he put on (albeit with some great performers as well) which stick out as all-time classics to me, whereas Kurt has only 2-3 of those. Hate to vote to eliminate either, but Savage gets the edge on this one.

Montana

Reaction score
I want to say Kurt Angle, but i'm going to have to go with Savage. Angle's WWE run was too short, and made a lot of noise; but Savages legacy was greater.

1chiban

Reaction score
Hmmm... REALLY tough one. Savage was brilliant - and I grew up on tapes of him, Hogan and co from the late 80s-early 90s. Angle started as I first started watching contemporary wrestling on TV as a kid. He was a great talent and still is arguably one of the best workers in the business despite his physical limitations. I saw more of Angle in his prime... so I'm going to be controversial and say Kurt. Not much in it, though.

Veritas

Reaction score
This poll is closed, Savage advances.

I plan to reply to this one once I get the second round up and running. Had I not missed the window, I would've voted for Angle.