Good independent shows?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
I've been trying to catch the beginning days of ROH and I've previously seen a few ROH PPV's and PWG shows. Looking into maybe checking out other shit. I don't really care if it's current or not, as I mentioned I've been watching the first ROH shows but either way.

Any suggestions besides ROH and PWG? Of course I've heard Chikara mentioned quite a few times but I heard it's kinda like comedy wrestling?

Reaction score
Chikara is definitely not for everybody and definitely exists in its own universe. The wrestling can be comical at times but there also have really good matches and the angles and the continuity are second to none. Puts WWE and TNA to complete shame. I mean the two year long BDK angle all started over 3 years ago simply because Chris Hero countered the Chikara Special. But I would watch Chikara for just one reason-Archibald Peck. Two shows from there I recommend checking out are High Noon (their first ever IPPV where Mike Quackenbush and Eddie Kingston wrestled to crown Chikara's first Grand Champion) and Dark Cibernetico from 2010.

PWG definitely brings it every show. Two feuds from there I would definitely look more into are Super Dragon vs. Kevin Steen and Human Tornado vs. Chris Hero.