Goldust

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Goldust returned on Smackdown this week during the Booker T / Cody Rhodes segment.

Goldust was in a suit, no face-paint or anything and said he wants to make a name for himself. Commentary refered him as Dustin Rhodes.

Do you think when he wrestles once again he'll be used as Dustin Rhodes or will he continue to be Goldust?

Do you want him to change his gimmick and face Rhodes at Mania?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't want him to face Rhodes at mania. Rhodes deserves much better than a match with his brother at mania 28 and if rumours of the mitb coming back for mania are true rhodes should be winning that not facing dustin rhodes or goldust whatever gimmick he takes. Andrewism.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I see him showing up at the Rumble as Goldust but I don't think that it will be anything more than that match. The reason he was Dustin Rhodes rather than Goldust was because he was being serious with his brother and showing us as Goldust would have completely changed the mood.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Well if Goldust (Dustin) is having a last run I'd have him win before Wrestlemania and then have Rhodes win MITB.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If Goldust came out there and cut that interview on Cody. Cody would have taken it even less seriously then he did. I still hope if Dustin returns to the ring it's under the Goldust name. He's a good worker but that gimmick always adds a lot to his matches. I do want to see this go down at Mania, too. Dustin deserves a good send off match and Cody could use another solid win at Mania as his character is trying to evolve to that main event level.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I think because it's a family thing and Cody claiming he put the 'Rhodes' name back on the map it'd be better if Goldust worked as Dustin Rhodes for this feud... It'll be interesting to see where it leads to because I for one is interested in this because I know both will perform a great match

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If these two can develop a match idea, flow and concept in three months the match at Mania would be awesome but they have to be given enough time.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I still think Cody could be on to bigger and better things by Mania and no offense to Goldust but a match with him could really hold Cody back from what heights he could be reaching come Wrestlemania. However I do think a filler feud and a good send off for Goldust but it should happen at the chamber or something.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Havent seen it yet but I hope this isnt permanent.

Everytime hes tried to change his gimmick, its been a huge flop.

I dont know if any of you remember his run with Val Venis in 1998, when he was Dustin Rhodes, but he got booed the crap out of until he changed back to the Goldust character.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust did suck.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm ok with the feud for sure but I do think that he should go Dustin for a while and have Cody dominate him up to a PPV and then have him come out announced as Goldust instead of Dustin for the match.

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed this segment on Smackdown. Think we've got a personal rivalry heading into Wrestlemania, which some people are sceptical about, while others are all for.

Wrestlemania was made for matches like this, and I would love to see a sibling rivalry between the Rhodes brothers. Throw Dusty in there somewhere, and it's a full family feud. Plus both are great wrestlers, so if the match is going to happen, than Wrestlemania 28 looks promising with Cena vs Rock, and possibly Punk vs Jericho

Last edited by a moderator:

Deuce

Reaction score
In my opinion, I hope to see Goldust change his gimmick from the freak to a normal gimmick. I like the Goldust gimmick but with that gimmick, I think he wouldn't get big matches and he hasn't. If he changes his gimmick then he could become a star like Rhodes but it won't happen if he continues with the Goldsut gimmick. Now, Rhodes and Goldust could be a good one, it would be a great family feud and I can see Goldust winning the feud in the end and becoming Intercontinential champ, I would much rather Goldust becoming I.C then Booker T because Goldust fits the role better than Booker. I like Booker but I think he shouldn't be I.C champ, he should stay as a commentator or go back to his main event matches. I mean, he had some great main event matches in the past so I think he could go back to that. I just don't see Booker as a mid-card champ so he should be one of those 2 choices. Back to Goldust though, I think he should change his finisher as well for one, his gimmick and he should win the Intercontinential champion. I'm just ranting on but that's my opinion.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I completely agree there, he needs to start being Dustin Rhodes for his last run. He's 45 and is extremely talented in the ring.

Dustin did say on his Twitter that he'd put his career on the line for that match at Wrestlemania so I'd say be Dustin Rhodes and go out that way. It'd be good seeing it's a family feud.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I completely agree there, he needs to start being Dustin Rhodes for his last run. He's 45 and is extremely talented in the ring.

Dustin did say on his Twitter that he'd put his career on the line for that match at Wrestlemania so I'd say be Dustin Rhodes and go out that way. It'd be good seeing it's a family feud.
Dustin means nothing in WWE or wrestling as a whole. Goldust is the character what made him, the guy in the history books, the guy with the feuds, and one of the best IC champs ever. He needs to be him, Cody needs to be himself, and they need to meet as brothers with differences over being Dusty's two boys

Status
Not open for further replies.