• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Goldust vs Cody Rhodes happening soon?

EffectsofRaven

We previously noted that Dustin Runnels (Goldust) had pitched an idea of facing his brother Cody Rhodes in a title vs. career match at Wrestlemania 28. WWE is said to be open to the idea of doing the program, but don’t envision it happening at Wrestlemania next year, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Source: Gerweck.com

I like this match, I would like to see it at Mania if it's Goldust's last match, perhaps throw their father into the mix and we'll have a really good program on our hands, possibly it might happen before Mania, I certainly hope not - Mania seems to be the right place to have it, the Mania card could shape up with nicely and this will be a nice match to have on the card to open around with.

Deuce

It would be cool to see this, I like Goldust and I think he needs this match. He has been in the WWE for a long time and it is about time he gets a match like this, in the end I would like to see Cody Rhodes win though but have Goldust win a few here and there. Goldust vs Cody Rhodes sounds good but no idea if it will look good and how the crowd will react to this, if it ends up happening I mean.

Andrew

Goldust has pushed so hard on Twitter that WWE took notice and are happy to go ahead with the program.

I really want to see a feud between the two, it's Goldust's wish and I believe it will be his final run so give him a Wrestlemania moment. Goldust's a veteran who's helped so many people over the years.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
I don't want WWE to get ahead of themselves. They should be more worried about the Rhodes/Booker storyline right now.

Down the line, though I'd like to see this match at Mania. I bet WWE could come up with an intriguing program for the two.

Deuce

They could have the feud AFTER 'Mania? I would prefer Booker T vs Cody Rhodes at 'Mania instead if they do plan on doing that.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
No way in hell Booker/Rhodes should last from now until Mania, if they took a little break in between that could work.

Deuce

I forgot how far away Wrestlemania was lol I'm guessing they will end the feud at..... Royal Rumble? After that the feud could start?

Troy

I can't see this being on the WM card but I can see it happening at another smaller PPV. I wouldn't mind seeing this feud, especially if Dusty gets involved, but it doesn't really seem like a WM match to me.

Troy

Well I hope that it is one of the bigger names on the Smackdown roster, someone like an Orton, Kane, Sheamus or a turned Christian. I just think that next year is the year for Rhodes in the mainevent and I see the Goldust match happening earlier than WM. I wouldn't even count Rhodes out as a potential RR winner next year and getting the World title shot at WM28.

rcoot93

I want this match to happen but Goldust hasn't been used much and on one really takes him seriously, they need to give him a big push if this is to happen