• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Goldberg says he's had talks, but isn't interested in signing with AEW

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Goldberg isn't interested in signing with AEW.

During an appearance on 93.7 The Ticket over the weekend, Goldberg said he's had discussions with the company but said the product is "too cheesy."

Goldberg said:

I have talked to them a number of times throughout the past but this is where you're going to get the most blunt answer you're going to get from me: The product is too cheesy. It doesn't deserve to have...I mean, whatever.
If there was a comparable, viable option as a competitor that would allow me to still look myself in the mirror after I was a member of their roster, yeah, then it would be a consideration but not a chance.
Goldberg made headlines last month as well when he was critical of WWE having Asuka break his undefeated streak, referring to her as "some Japanese girl."

"Asuka [mispronounced] was her name, some Japanese girl. And they touted her as being the one to have the longest winning streak. And it just so happened that that culminated when I got there, right?" Goldberg said to Tim Green - Nothing Left Unsaid.

Goldberg was also critical of Vince McMahon and WWE during an interview with the Steve & Captain Evil podcast in December. He believes the company went back on its promise to give him a retirement match after he agreed to wrestle Roman Reigns at Elimination Chamber 2022.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
1e2a2943b3871f23576937330a0fbdd9f6-squidward.2x.rsquare.w400.jpg

Bill watching Sting and Flair go out on a high note

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
The only time he being there would make sense is when Wardlow was white hot and he needed someone to squash.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Its cause he wants his retirement match, if and whenever that happens, to be in WWE. He just hasn't come out and said it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Honestly who would he even have as a final opponent? Everyone that was meaningful to his career has retired? I can't think of anyone in any company I want to see him wrestle. I guess Brock would be the best pick at this point, but personally I don't care if I see either of them again.