Goldberg on Talk is Jericho, comments on their backstage fight, Bret Hart heat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
045_ec_02192022rf_11851--16b3d8e74ee7a5910a81fe549483582f.jpg

Goldberg is all done apologizing to Bret Hart.

The WWE Hall-of-Famer appeared on Talk is Jericho and spoke about Hart's criticism of Goldberg regarding their Starrcade 99 match that left Hart with a concussion and led to the end of his in-ring career.

"He's an idol to anybody and everybody who would have ever been in this business. I'm a human being like everybody else and there was absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever, none, zero," Goldberg said.

"Does it bother me? Yeah, I'll take it to my grave. But also, I got to say, and I'm kind of at a turning point, I'm done saying, 'I'm sorry.' I've said it a million times and I'm not going to continue to tear myself down, I'm done. I said, 'I'm sorry,' if he can't accept my apology, it is what it is, you've got to move on and I've moved on."

During Goldberg's appearance on Chris Jericho's podcast, the two also discussed a physical confrontation they got into during Goldberg's first turn in WWE. Jericho believes that others were trying to pit the two of them against each other.

"I firmly believe that we had our backstage brew ha ha, scuffle backstage, that was manipulated, I think, by other people to kind of pit us against each other," Jericho said on the show.

"I don't believe that one was because of the true animosity you and I had for each other, it was a stage that was set by other people and we just followed out the storyline," Goldberg added. "I will apologize to the end of my days for that."

"Me too," Jericho responded. "That was not something I was very proud about either, especially the fact that it was online 20 minutes later. That's why I was like, 'this was all a setup' and we fell for it."

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
"I don't believe that one was because of the true animosity you and I had for each other, it was a stage that was set by other people and we just followed out the storyline," Goldberg added. "I will apologize to the end of my days for that."

"Me too," Jericho responded. "That was not something I was very proud about either, especially the fact that it was online 20 minutes later. That's why I was like, 'this was all a setup' and we fell for it."

The more I hear of these examples of Vince setting up actual bad blood between workers like little pawns is crazy :lol they did it to pop some dirt sheets with God damn Goldberg and Jericho lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also I don't really disagree with him about Bret but at the same time I kinda pop every time Bret takes a shot at Goldberg too :lol I don't think he has to keep apologizing tho, if Bret ain't gonna accept it then it is what he is, Bret isn't required to. Seems a real healthy convo between him and Jericho still

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Also I don't really disagree with him about Bret but at the same time I kinda pop every time Bret takes a shot at Goldberg too :lol I don't think he has to keep apologizing tho, if Bret ain't gonna accept it then it is what he is, Bret isn't required to. Seems a real healthy convo between him and Jericho still
Gotta agree with you 100 here

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bret's comments nowadays always read to me like it's just dry humor anyway since it's kind of like his "gimmick" now but I can def see why Goldberg would be annoyed when every other headline you see about yourself on Twitter is Bret taking another shot lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also it always amazes me that Goldberg gets all the blame in Bret having to retire when Bret worked for 3 weeks after without slowing down including a fucking hardcore match against Terry Funk literally just a couple days later. Shit was really hard to watch a couple years ago when I was watching that era of WCW, I'd always just assumed he just didn't vacate the belt for a few more weeks later as they were seeing how severe he was hurt, not that he just kept operating as if everything was fine until it most definitely wasn't. Concussion protocol in the 90s was just nonexistent

• Sad

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Also it always amazes me that Goldberg gets all the blame in Bret having to retire when Bret worked for 3 weeks after without slowing down including a fucking hardcore match against Terry Funk literally just a couple days later. Shit was really hard to watch a couple years ago when I was watching that era of WCW, I'd always just assumed he just didn't vacate the belt for a few more weeks later as they were seeing how severe he was hurt, not that he just kept operating as if everything was fine until it most definitely wasn't. Concussion protocol in the 90s was just nonexistent
He was made to work because Nash was out with a concussion....irony.

Plus their medical team were a joke, apparently Bret Hart was walking around slurring and his pupils were saucers but all they did was give him Advil.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He was made to work because Nash was out with a concussion....irony.

Plus their medical team were a joke, apparently Bret Hart was walking around slurring and his pupils were saucers but all they did was give him Advil.

Yeah everything I've heard about how it was handled is pretty fucking horrendous

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Goldberg is better than I. I would’ve long stopped apologizing or feeling bad for Bret. Unfortunately things happen in this business; that’s why they say “it’s not ballet.”

Bret in his old age needs to learn to let things go. Despite hugging Shawn Michaels, you can tell he’s still upset about Montreal. He’s obviously still upset about this. For his peace of mind, I hope he can find a way to move on.

If Droz can forgive D’Lo; Bret can forgive Goldberg

Reactions: Swerve

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bret Hart is not bitter about shit, he just keeps getting the same stupid questions for almost 30 years and answers them bluntly.

Not sure why someone being so forthright with their genuine feelings is taken as being bitter......that's what honesty sounds like.

Reactions: Swerve