Goldberg/Brock Lesnar/Batista/Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

shaggy_canada

Reaction score
TNA Knockout Leticia Cline

366440767_bebfa90af2_o.jpg

stryfe

Reaction score
i'd love to double team leticia and maria

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
There are rumors that Batista may make a one-night-only return to WWE at WrestleMania 27, but the general feeling as of right now is that this will not be happening simply because of the fact that the two parties have not been in contact with one another for some time. Batista is "highly expected" to sign with Strikeforce once he has finished filming the upcoming Scorpion King 3 film.

-Another expected appearance at WrestleMania 27 was thought to be in the form of Chris Jericho, but this is also being shot down at the present time. A lot of people thought that Jericho would be back in the company in time for the event, but as of this report, this is not expected to happen. On top of that, Jericho is not expected to return anytime soon.

-Talks between WWE and Bill Goldberg regarding a possible WrestleMania 27 appearance are said to be "cold" right now, and as of this report, he is not expected to be involved with the company in any way.

There was also the Brock Lesnar story that I can't find right now but those talks are apparently dead now as well.

Would be a huge deal if they got all 4 of these guys to work WM but I doubt they get any of them. I'd say they could get Jericho but he has been rumored to be on Shane Helms' Highway 2 Helms internet show which would not endure himself to Vince with all the negative comments Helms has been throwing out at HBK.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dave and Jericho are likely in all honesty, especially Dave as an undercard attraction like they have used Foley/Rock in the past.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
If he signs with Strikeforce he will no longer be likely and as long as Jericho stays off H2H he will be likely otherwise he will not imo.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I can't help but feel this Batista strikeforce talk is just that all talk like when it went down Kurt doing MMA. So I expect for him to show up at mania or something. As for Jericho I still say he ends up being a surprise rumble entrant.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
At the end of the day, we are talking about Mania. They want a guy who can add to the buys and put on a show.

In that list:
- Brock is contractually unable to do so.
- Goldberg has too much of an ego to not cost alot and want to go over; plus WM20 should give them reservations
- Jericho is the best wrestler but he is by far the worst guy out of all of them to help out when it comes to generating them dollars and selling the show

Dave gives them the best bet to fit all their needs, and Strikeforce alone wouldn't stop him from working Mania. They let Lashley work in hopes of getting some pub, so you know damn well that they would be more than happy to let him work Mania and get some publicity from leeching off the machine that is WWE

Fuzzbuzz

Reaction score
Rumour like this are rather worrying considering that at the minute there is a real lack of big names for Mania (of course that is their own fault), and more to the point it's hard to see where they are going with the Mania card this year.

I'm aware it is months away, but this time last year some seeds had definitely been planted.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
I bet there will be a Barrett vs Cena match at WM to conclude the feud, and maybe Wade will be able to pick a special ref - Batista. Just my guess on how Batista would fit into the card.

I don't see how Jericho wouldn't return for WrestleMania. In fact, I'll be very sad if he doesn't make WrestleMania. When Jericho is anywhere, it is automatically eighty percent more awesome.

Goldberg? Who cares?