GO SEE SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE... Right now!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

Yea. It's pretty good, have watched it already.

The first halve is totally awesome, the poor kids and everything.. Jamal is the young boy I believe.

Shows how the poor people are being treated in India, must watch.

Plus, I saw an interview of Danny Boyle on YouTube and it said that the orphans of the first halve were actually taken from the streets.

Christian

Reaction score
Yea. It's pretty good, have watched it already.

The first halve is totally awesome, the poor kids and everything.. Jamal is the young boy I believe.

Shows how the poor people are being treated in India, must watch.

Plus, I saw an interview of Danny Boyle on YouTube and it said that the orphans of the first halve were actually taken from the streets.

Yes that's why the first like, 20% of the movie isn't in English, the kids had trouble with it. Oh and they put all their money in a trust fund that they will be able to withdraw from when they turn 16 after their graduation. And Boyle got them a rickshaw driver to take the three to school every day until then. Ha.

EDIT: And oh the ending is SO EPIC!!!!

C4

Oh and they put all their money in a trust fund that they will be able to withdraw from when they turn 16 after their graduation. And Boyle got them a rickshaw driver to take the three to school every day until then. Ha.

That right there shows how much talent is available on the streets of India.

These kids might actually grow up to become huge actors.

LadyHotrod

People actually loved this movie this much?

It was good but I didn't think it was THAT good.

Christian

Reaction score
People actually loved this movie this much?

It was good but I didn't think it was THAT good.

IDK how many people loved it, I did though. I went into it knowiong it won 8 oscars but having no idea what it was about... Very touching story, held my attention from beginning to end.. Right when I was like "Fuck is this whole movie going to be in subtitles???" it got interesting and I was like wow i dont even care this is getting good... Two thumbs up, EPIC ENDING!!!

KenFan4life

Reaction score
...why the fuck would/should I go see this gay ass Slamdunk Millionaire movie?

...."ZOMG! He beat Regis!"

woo!

LadyHotrod

IDK how many people loved it, I did though. I went into it knowiong it won 8 oscars but having no idea what it was about... Very touching story, held my attention from beginning to end.. Right when I was like "Fuck is this whole movie going to be in subtitles???" it got interesting and I was like wow i dont even care this is getting good... Two thumbs up, EPIC ENDING!!!

It had a nice love story but it wasn't that great of a movie.

Guy gets arrested because they think he cheated on the game show, guy gets beat up, guy explains how he knew all the answers.

It's basically a story about a guy down on his luck who wins money on a game show and wins the love of his life. Not really too original.

Benjamin Button was way too long and got boring at times but I still thought it was better than Slumdog because the story was original.

Christian

Reaction score
It had a nice love story but it wasn't that great of a movie.

Guy gets arrested because they think he cheated on the game show, guy gets beat up, guy explains how he knew all the answers.

It's basically a story about a guy down on his luck who wins money on a game show and wins the love of his life. Not really too original.

Benjamin Button was way too long and got boring at times but I still thought it was better than Slumdog because the story was original.

*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*

....you totally missed the if you think that's what the movie is about. The movie has literally nothing to do with money. If you noticed when Jamal gave the $100 bill to the kid Avidad (or whatever) who was blinded, you see that Jamal doesn't really care about money anymore and he just wants to find his girl.. At the end, when Jamal answers the 20m rupee question correctly, he goes straight to the train station, which is exactly what he would have done if he lost. The movie doesn't show him spend a dime, or even receive any of his winnings. He took a gamble in the end and answered the question, and when he called and Latika answered, he knew he had already won and the show didn't matter anymore.

And plus. The movie is more about the adventure that Jamal takes you through.. A very interesting one at that.. IDK how you could say this movie was unoriginal.. But anyways I guess people have different taste in movies.

J

This is going to sound dumb but I only watched the movie cause this thread said so and well thanks it was a really touching movie. Good pick man. :thumbsup:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team