• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GMMWF presents The Clyde Frog Invitational

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
ClydeFrog.png

GMMWF presents a ONE NIGHT ONLY tournament to crown the inaugural GMMWF Tag Team Champions. This will be a 16 team tournament featuring some of the very best in the wrestling world. Who will be victorious at the end of the night and be crowned as champions? Only time will tell, so make sure to purchase GMMWF presents The Clyde Frog Invitational, available on PPV this Sunday at 8PM EST.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
I def feel ya...I was gonna name one of mine Butters House of Horrors so I am right with ya on that one

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
GMMWFLOGO.png

PRESENTS

ClydeFrog.png

[video=youtube;FG1af34u3e8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1af34u3e8[/video]​

The official theme song of GMMWF's Clyde Frog Invitational plays as fireworks go off around the arena and the fans go nuts. A video package plays, highlighting various angles including the recent problems between Jon Moxley and Bam Bam Bigelow and The Midnight Express signing Jimmy Hart to be their manager. Finally the video ends and the lights go down. Another video begins...

[video=youtube;3BqqYaEM2mA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BqqYaEM2mA[/video]​

After that patriotic rendition of America the Beautiful by Fozzie Bear, the announcer heads out to the ring.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the following are the first round matches for the Clyde Frog Invitational. At the end of each of these first four rounds, we will have eight winning teams moving on to face each other in round two, and then four moving on to round three before the final match of the evening, which will crown our first ever TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!"

First Round Matches - Pool A

Miracle Violence Connection destroys The Conquistadors in 20 seconds.

Don Muraco and Don Leo Jonathan defeat The Destroyer and Horst Hoffman after Mr. Fuji blinds Hoffman with his salt.

The Miracle Violence Connection will meet The Don's in the Pool A final, with Jonathan looking for a shot at making good on his promise to rid GMMWF of them forever.

First Round Matches - Pool B

The Midnight Express defeat the team of The Animals (Baron Von Raschke and George Steele) after Jimmy Hart knocks Steele out with a megaphone shot.

The new team, Mexican Sushi (Tito Santana and Jushin "Thunder" Liger) defeat Nick Bockwinkel and Jim Brunzell after Tito hits the Flying Jalapeno on Bockwinkel and Liger follows it up with a monster moonsault for the pin.

The Midnight Express will meet Mexican Sushi in the Pool B final.
First Round Matches - Pool C

The Holy Demon Army defeat Kerry and David Von Erich after Mr. Fuji trips Kerry with his cane and subsequently removes his amputated foot, allowing Taue to hit David with the Burning Hammer.

The team of Meng and Akira Tozawa defeat The Butchers (Necro and Abdullah) after they don't even make it to the ring. Instead they brawl out to the back while Meng and Tozawa get a count out victory.

The Holy Demon Army will meet Meng and Akira Tozawa in the Pool C finals and it should be a blood spiller.

First Round Matches - Pool D

Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody defeated Bam Bam Bigelow and Andre the Giant. During the match, Bigelow went for a diving tackle but inadvertently hit Andre instead. Andre refused to tag in to the match afterwards and eventually crushed Bam Bam with a thunderous headbutt and walked out on him saying something to the effect of Bam Bam was an amateur and couldn't hang with him. Hansen and Brody's win was academic, though Bam Bam did fight valiantly.

The Sheepherders defeat Kevin Sullivan and Buzz Sawyer after Sullivan was cut so deep that he slipped and fell on his own blood and was legitimately knocked out. The referee stopped the match and awarded the contest to The Sheepherders.

Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody will meet The Sheepherders in the Pool D finals.

Larry Zbyszko comes out and has a microphone in his hands. He heads into the ring.

Zbyzsko.png

"Yeah, it me, Larry Z, and I'm here to say one simple thing. That reject Danielson didn't deserve to beat me, which is why I kicked his little butt blue and sent him to the hospital two days ago. Apparently he's still in there, which is too bad because I really wanted to wipe the floor with him again. However, since I know all of you came to see me, Larry Z, I thought I'd issue an open challenge to whoever in the back wants to take me on. So come on bitches, let's see what you got!"

Larry Z tosses the mic down and stands in the middle of the ring. Nobody appears from the back. After a minute he picks up the mic and is about to speak when a figure comes running into the ring from the crowd.

Crimson.png

It's CRIMSON!!! He quickly spears Larry Z and covers him for the pin as the fans cheer like crazy. It's hard to tell whether that pop was because they can't stand Zbyszko or not, but one thing's for sure, Crimson has just served notice that he's playing for keeps in GMMWF.

In the back, our announcer has caught up with Andre the Giant. He asks him why he knocked Bigelow out.

AndreTheGiant.png

"Listen up boss, nobody hits the real Giant unless he wants them to, and I didn't want Bam Bam to put his grubby paws on me. In fact, I didn't even want to be in the match with him, I only did it as a favour. I've realized I haven't been getting a fair shake around here and that GMMWF seems to want to treat me as some sort of special attraction instead of just giving me the Championship belt I deserve. But no more. I've gone out and gotten someone who is interested in making me the number one guy here..."

Sweeney.png

The camera pulls back to show Sweeney standing beside Andre, laughing and clasping his hands together.

"That's right GMMWF, I was gonna' wait until next Friday to share my first client with all of you, but that moron Bigelow had to go and screw that up too. Jesus, is there anything he doesn't mess up? I doubt it, but he's gonna' find out soon enough that he just fucked with the wrong guys. And as for the rest of you so-called superstars, this is just the beginning, Sweet and Sour's got a few more aces up his sleeve and you'll all find out about them soon enough. If you don't like it, you better learn to love it, because its the best thing going and its here to stay baby!"

Sweeney and Andre walk off together as we cut back to the ring.

Pool A Finals

The Miracle Violence Connection defeated The Don's after a hard fought match. Don Leo Jonathan actually had Gordy pinned twice but the referee was distracted as Muraco and Williams continually fought outside the ring. Finally Mr. Fuji tried to interfere but was accidentally knocked out by Muraco, allowing Gordy and Williams to hit a spike piledriver on Jonathan for the pin. After the match, Jonathan and Muraco beat down the MVC and Jonathan said it wasn't over yet.

Pool B Finals

The Midnight Express defeated Mexican Sushi after a nice, 20 minute affair. Santana had Lane up in a stalling suplex but Jimmy Hart managed to trip him and then hold on to his leg while Lane covered for the pin. The referee didn't see it and so awarded the match to The Midnight Express, who ran to the back laughing.

The Midnight Express will meet The Miracle Violence Connection in our first semi-final.

Pool C Finals

Meng and Tozawa defeated the Holy Demon Army after a long and gruelling match that saw Taue legit knocked out by a Tozawa piledriver on the floor. After he was incapacitated, Meng quickly chopped Mr. Fuji off the apron and Tozawa grabbed Kawada in a dead lift German suplex. As he dropped Kawada, Meng came flying off the top rope and hit him with a headbutt. The referee counted to three and the fans went wild as the underdog team of Meng and Akira Tozawa somehow managed to knock off one of the most deadly teams of all time.

Pool D Finals

Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody defeated The Sheepherders after a blood bath. All four men were visibly shaken during the match and the end mercifully came when Hansen annihilated Luke with a lariat and Brody hit Butch with a big boot, knocking him out of the ring. Hansen pinned Luke and they moved on to the semi's.

Meng and Akira Tozawa will meet Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody in the second semi final.

COMING SOON TO PPV!!!

Huttoncopy.png

The Zach Hutton Glow in the Dark Cock Fight!!!!

Archibald Peck heads out to the ring with a microphone.

Peck.png

"Santino Marella. You get out here right now so I can beat you again just like I beat you on His Girl Friday's last...Friday. I made you submit then, I'll make you submit now."

Santino heads out to the ring shaking his head. He laughs at the smaller Peck and sizes him up. Peck manages to elude him for a few moments and then, surprisingly, takes Santino down with a bridge and gets a two. Santino jumps up, shocked that Peck actually knows how to wrestle, and slaps him silly. He's about to put Peck back into the same submission move he used on Friday's show but Jimmy Hart suddenly appears at ringside and distracts the ref. He then tosses his megaphone to Peck, who clobbers Santino with it and covers. The ref turns around and counts to three.

After the match, Jimmy Hart joins Peck in the ring. Peck grabs the microphone and speaks again.

"That's right folks, Marchie Archie has just signed on with Mr. Jimmy Hart here, the man who's going to take my career to the top. He told me he has this magic 8 ball that always comes up with good news when he asks it about me, so I figured he'd be the best man for the job. Plus with my marching and his music, how can we go wrong? It's a match made in heaven...wrestling heaven that is."

Peck hands the microphone to Hart.

"That's right Archie, we're gonna' go sky high baby, all the way to the top of GMMWF. With you and The Midnight Express signed up, we're already looking at the beginnings of a new foundation...oops, did I say that out loud? It doesn't matter, you all knew it was coming as soon as I got here. The Hart Foundation will return and we'll stop at nothing until we've got every title belt in our hands baby! Hahahaha!"

Peck and Hart leave the ring and head to the back laughing.

Pool A vs. Pool B - Semi Final

After a long and hard fought contest, The Midnight Express defeated The Miracle Violence Connection to move on to the finals. During the match, first Don Muraco and then Don Leo Jonathan appeared and attempted to knock out Gordy and Williams. They were eventually run off but in the commotion Jimmy Hart once again proved to be the difference maker as he tossed Eaton his megaphone and Eaton used it as an assist when he DDT'ed Gordy, knocking him out. While Williams was busy fighting with Lane, Eaton covered Gordy for the pin. The crowd booed the Midnight Express mercilessly but the fact remains that they won the match and moved on to the finals.

Pool C vs. Pool D - Semi Final

The match started out slowly as Tozawa and Meng, giving up a lot of size, attempted to isolate Bruiser Brody and attack his foot that still had a huge bandage on it from when Outback Jack's crocodile bit it. After 10 minutes, Brody finally managed to make the hot tag to Hansen, who proceeded to destroy both Tozawa and Meng. Eventually Meng got the better of Hansen with a throat chop and thrust kick and then the two underdogs got very lucky when Brody accidentally hit Hansen with a swinging back fist. Tozawa somehow managed to get Hansen up in the dead release German suplex and, while Meng fought with Brody in the corner, covered Hansen for the three count. The crowd exploded when the hands of the underdogs were raised in victory and to their credit, the behemoth's Hansen and Brody actually shook their hands and raised them as well.

The finals are set and its The Midnight Express going up against the surprising team of Meng and Akira Tozawa.

BamBamBigelow.png
vs.
JonMoxley.png

The fans immediately began booing Moxley before he even entered the ring but he didn't care, he was focused on defeating his nemesis, Bam Bam Bigelow. As the match began, Bigelow tossed Moxley around like a rag doll, obviously taking his frustrations at Andre the Giant turning on him out on the much smaller man. Moxley took control after a thumb to the eye but Bigelow reversed a whip into the corner and hit Moxley with an avalanche. He then grabbed Moxley, dragged him to the outside and bashed his head off the ring steps repeatedly. After that he took him to each corner of the ring and smashed his head against the posts. Moxley was cut in several places and bleeding profusely and Bam Bam finally tossed him back in the ring.

Bigelow headed to the top and was about to splash him when Andre the Giant lumbered to ringside and stepped over the top rope. Bam Bam jumped down from the top turnbuckle and the two stared at each other for a moment until Andre saw Moxley get up and quickly hit him with a monstrous boot. The referee called for the bell and awarded the match to Jon Moxley due to disqualification. Moxley burst out laughing and limped to the back with his hands in the air while Bigelow and Andre stared each other down in the ring. Bigelow eventually gave Andre the finger and walked out as the fans continued to boo the selfish Andre in the ring.

The announcer is back in the ring and announces the next contest, a special challenge, six man elimination match!

RicFlair.png
RickySteamboat.png
TerryFunk.png
BobBacklund.png
BobOrtonJr.png
HarleyRace.png

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat vs. Terry Funk vs. Bob Backlund vs. Bob Orton Jr. vs. Harley Race

An absolute brawl to start as all six men go toe to toe with each other and the referee hightails it. After a few moments two more officials come out and restore some sort of order. The first elimination comes when Backlund catches Orton coming off the ropes and clamps a sleeper on him. Nobody comes to Orton's aid because they realize one man out is one less for them to defeat. Orton is eliminated and Backlund follows quickly after when Steamboat sneaks up and schoolboy's him for the pin. Funk and Flair eventually get into the ring and, with no love lost, immediately begin chopping the hell out of each other. Finally they spill out to the floor and brawl through the crowd and to the back, and both men are counted out. That leaves Steamboat and Race, who put on a dazzling show for several minutes. Steamboat eventually has Race on the ropes and is about to go for a figure four leglock when Jimmy Hart and Archibald Peck run down to ringside. Hart distracts the referee while Peck nails Steamboat with the megaphone and Race covers for the pin.

After the match, Race grabs the microphone.

"You can say that the Hart Foundation just got its most handsome member, because I'm throwing in with the Mouth of the South. I needed an edge, and after seeing how much help he's been to the Midnight Express and Mr. Pecker here, I figured he'd be perfect for me as well. With Jimmy by my side, nothing can stop The King now, nothing!"

Race, Peck and Hart leave laughing.

In the back, Bam Bam Bigelow is being interviewed.

"I don't care that I lost to that creep Moxley, I know deep down inside I would have beaten him if Andre hadn't interfered. ANDRE!! I'm putting you on notice right now. All I ever wanted was to be your friend, to be inspired by you, but you've gone and crossed a line and what's worse, you've made me MAD!!! I'm coming for you, so you better watch out because when I get...."

Bigelow is cut off by Andre, who clobbers him about the back and neck and stomps him on the ground. He eventually spits on Bam Bam and walks away laughing.

Tozawa.png
Meng-1.png

VS.

598438787_0ebbea33b1.jpg

The finals began at a fast pace as Meng and Lane traded blows while Eaton and Tozawa fought each other on the outside. Eventually things settled for a bit and we got some nice chain wrestling from Eaton and Tozawa. After 20 minutes all four men seemed a little tired, mainly due to all the other matches they had during the evening, but Meng and Tozawa refused to go down. Finally, Jimmy Hart was at it again, jumping up to distract the referee. This allowed Lane to hit Meng with the megaphone but Meng NO SOLD it and pounded away on Lane. As the two of them brawled in the corner, Eaton hit Tozawa with the megaphone and Tozawa NO SOLD it too! All four men brawled through the arena but eventually made it back to the ring. Meng had Eaton down on the canvas and was about to go off the top with a headbutt but Hart once again distracted the referee and this time Archibald Peck came out from underneath the ring and pushed Meng off the ropes and down onto the concrete floor.

With Meng out of action, the Midnight's double teamed Tozawa and eventually hit a jumping DDT combo for the pin. The fans pelted the ring with beer cups and toilet paper after the match and some even tried to jump in and attack the Midnight Express. However, they ran to the back laughing and holding up the tag team championship belts while Meng checked on Tozawa and looked upset in the ring.

It was one hell of a night of wild action at The Clyde Frog Invitational and make sure to tune in to Hump Day on Wednesday night for all the fallout.

Sabretooth

Awesome show with a lot of action. Your making me legit hate Jimmy Hart so good job with that. Andre spit on Bam Bam what an asshole. A lot of awesome tag team wrestling was showcased here tonight. Awesome job.

Where was Slaughter and whoever that guy was.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Awesome show with a lot of action. Your making me legit hate Jimmy Hart so good job with that. Andre spit on Bam Bam what an asshole. A lot of awesome tag team wrestling was showcased here tonight. Awesome job.

Where was Slaughter and whoever that guy was.
Thanks, hating on Hart is pretty much supposed to be the way it goes, so I'm glad that came across properly.

Slaughter and Kernodle weren't booked for the show, remember it pissed off Slaughter on last Friday's show? So they didn't interfere but they've definitely got something to say on this Friday's show, so watch for that and some more exciting GMMWF announcements in short order.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Great stuff my man...happy to see Hart put to good use already..and love sheephearders making people bleed so much they slip in their own blood...pretty amazing stuff....midnights are a great first tag champ and I expect dastardly things from them as well as Sweet & Sours new stable...very entertaining stuff sir

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Great stuff my man...happy to see Hart put to good use already..and love sheephearders making people bleed so much they slip in their own blood...pretty amazing stuff....midnights are a great first tag champ and I expect dastardly things from them as well as Sweet & Sours new stable...very entertaining stuff sir

Thanks man, glad you liked it. The best thing about The Sheepherders is that they aren't really interested in titles, just hurting people, which they will continue to do in the coming weeks. In fact, they are about to cross paths with a couple of other ass kickers, but I need to keep that for a surprise.

After I acquired Hart from you I figured I needed to use him to his fullest potential, so yeah, there you go. More to come from him as well. I felt Midnight's made the most sense as tag champs just because I realized I have no shortage of face teams to go after them plus I love heel champs.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I woulda gone with the Miracle Violence Connection for the winners but then again, The Midnight Express were just as good as the winners. Shocked at how far Meng and Tozawa got quite frankly, it seems like an unlikely duo but this tournament went a long way in making them look even more legitimate. Defeating Bruiser Brodie and Stan Hansen is no joke, and it takes some bad ass motherfuckers to achieve such a feat. After that win, I was actually thinking they might just beat The Midnight Express but I guess Archibald Peck had other things in mind. Speaking of which, Marchie Archie is an unlikely but interesting addition to Jimmy's stable.

The feud between Andre and Bam Bam has me interested and could be pretty sweet if things keep up. Also, fuck Crimson. Maybe you can make me like him... spearing Larry Z is a good way to start things off, I'd say, but I'm not sold on him just yet. Interesting six-man match to say the least, with six of the best of all-time colliding in this one.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Thanks EC, glad you took the time to read and comment. I think Hansen and Brody can afford the loss and if its done to put over another team, why the hell not? Besides, they can just go on a rampage and get all their heat back the next night (not saying that's going to happen but its a definite possibility). I really wanted to create an "anything can happen" atmosphere and at one point I debated having Meng/Tozawa win the whole thing but hey, I wanted to pull at the emotions of the readers a bit.

As for Andre and Bam Bam, things are just getting started with the two of them. Obviously Sweeney being in Andre's ear sped this up a bit, but its all for a good cause at the end of the day.

Postman Dave

Tozawa and Meng is such an awesome idea for a duo, great way to kick off the tag division.

Very unique gathering of the Hart Foundation, gotta say. Sweeney with Andre is another unique pairing too.

Ugh at Crimson. Hope you can book him to be interesting.

W-olf

Damn I thought I posted I know I read it anyways I will now . I like what I'm seeing Mexican Sushi needs a shout out so there I like the humor side you and Professor have and deliver with it makes it more unique to me . Oh and Grab Jack Victory for sheepherders flag bearer and all .