• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
2 and a half years is a long ass time.. The only statistic I could remember for the first Dynamite is that Cody and Sammy was the opener. So to improve my wrestling nerd statistics I thought I'd go back and watch it. And wow. What a line up.

Opener of Cody vs Sammy was very solid. From the go the whole production felt very high class, very WCW if you will. If AEW wanted this debut episode to show the world this was more that just indie talent doing flippy sh*t then they succeeded. Felt polished.

Post match Jericho beats down Cody for what feels like a good 10 minutes. Starts before the ad break, goes on through the ads in PIP and he's still going when we return. I can't actually remember Jericho and Cody feuding hard but maybe they did and I've just forgotten since it's been so long...

Anyway after this we get MJF vs Brandon Cutler and MJF on the mic showing why he's better than you! "Brandon Cutler, the guy who clearly got lost on his way to his seat...behind the guardrail..." Classic. Match was great

Then we got an interview by Chris Van Vliet with Jay and Silent Bob to promote their new movie. And they get interrupted by TH2. What was a weird f*cking segment. I'm glad they don't try and force stuff like this any more because it just felt cheap.

SCU Promo with Scorpio Sky playing the President? Yeah. Funnily enough I rate this promo higher than Sky's current stuff. SCU were great and it sucks they no longer exist. Alaso a reminder that Sky was never supposed to be in the Tag Tourney to begin with. Lucha Bros with the interruption (no alex)....

Third match Hangman vs Pac and it's clear Hangman is being set up to be champion from the start. I mean it's obvious now looking back but I feel like even at the time just the way he's presented in this match, it's clear he's going places.

Britt Baker joins commentary for Riho vs Nyla Rose for the Womens Championship match. That ending will always annoy me. Riho wins with double knees to the face.... I imagine being hit by Rihos entire body weight would be like being hit with a pillow. I'm good at suspending my disbelief but that one just can't quite do it.....

Then we get the first botch(?) in Dynamite history where Nyla Rose has difficulty getting Michael Nakazawa up from a liger bomb. She manages it on the second attempt but it's still funny to watch.

Main event time with The Elite vs Jericho & Santana and Ortiz. Highlight for me was when Mox shows up to f*ck up Kenny. I should also mention NO CROWD SINGING JUDAS. That really stands out considering how over that song is now. Great match. Jericho wins. Cody comes out to save The Elite from a beatdown. Sammy comes out to stop Cody. Dustin comes out to stop Sammy. Jake Hager makes his AEW debut as he comes out to stop Dustin. Cue We The People chants. Dustin through a table. Show comes to a close. Though it's not mentioned by name I guess you could see this as the formation of the inner circle.

So yeah. It was properly fun going back and re-watching after all this time. Kinda bitter sweet considering Codys heel turn over the past weekend :D But a very fun Dynamite. And if you made it this far thanks for reading my random ramblings about a 2 and a half year old dynamite!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
2 and a half years is a long ass time.. The only statistic I could remember for the first Dynamite is that Cody and Sammy was the opener. So to improve my wrestling nerd statistics I thought I'd go back and watch it. And wow. What a line up.

Opener of Cody vs Sammy was very solid. From the go the whole production felt very high class, very WCW if you will. If AEW wanted this debut episode to show the world this was more that just indie talent doing flippy sh*t then they succeeded. Felt polished.

Post match Jericho beats down Cody for what feels like a good 10 minutes. Starts before the ad break, goes on through the ads in PIP and he's still going when we return. I can't actually remember Jericho and Cody feuding hard but maybe they did and I've just forgotten since it's been so long...

Anyway after this we get MJF vs Brandon Cutler and MJF on the mic showing why he's better than you! "Brandon Cutler, the guy who clearly got lost on his way to his seat...behind the guardrail..." Classic. Match was great

Then we got an interview by Chris Van Vliet with Jay and Silent Bob to promote their new movie. And they get interrupted by TH2. What was a weird f*cking segment. I'm glad they don't try and force stuff like this any more because it just felt cheap.

SCU Promo with Scorpio Sky playing the President? Yeah. Funnily enough I rate this promo higher than Sky's current stuff. SCU were great and it sucks they no longer exist. Alaso a reminder that Sky was never supposed to be in the Tag Tourney to begin with. Lucha Bros with the interruption (no alex)....

Third match Hangman vs Pac and it's clear Hangman is being set up to be champion from the start. I mean it's obvious now looking back but I feel like even at the time just the way he's presented in this match, it's clear he's going places.

Britt Baker joins commentary for Riho vs Nyla Rose for the Womens Championship match. That ending will always annoy me. Riho wins with double knees to the face.... I imagine being hit by Rihos entire body weight would be like being hit with a pillow. I'm good at suspending my disbelief but that one just can't quite do it.....

Then we get the first botch(?) in Dynamite history where Nyla Rose has difficulty getting Michael Nakazawa up from a liger bomb. She manages it on the second attempt but it's still funny to watch.

Main event time with The Elite vs Jericho & Santana and Ortiz. Highlight for me was when Mox shows up to f*ck up Kenny. I should also mention NO CROWD SINGING JUDAS. That really stands out considering how over that song is now. Great match. Jericho wins. Cody comes out to save The Elite from a beatdown. Sammy comes out to stop Cody. Dustin comes out to stop Sammy. Jake Hager makes his AEW debut as he comes out to stop Dustin. Cue We The People chants. Dustin through a table. Show comes to a close. Though it's not mentioned by name I guess you could see this as the formation of the inner circle.

So yeah. It was properly fun going back and re-watching after all this time. Kinda bitter sweet considering Codys heel turn over the past weekend :D But a very fun Dynamite. And if you made it this far thanks for reading my random ramblings about a 2 and a half year old dynamite!
man i forgot cody just randomly gave up being in the elite with no kayfabe explanation on dynamite ever iirc

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yeah no way that was 2 1/2 years ago

Reactions: Swerve

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
I find it hard to believe the Brodie Lee Tribute show was over 15 months ago so imagine how this makes me feel.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I always wondered what you guys were saying about Hager back then but it looked like he could have been a huge deal on that first episode. :lol It was an awesome way to debut him at any rate.

Reactions: Swerve

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Feels like the company's been around for a year. This blood pandemic makes things look so foggy.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I always wondered what you guys were saying about Hager back then but it looked like he could have been a huge deal on that first episode. :lol It was an awesome way to debut him at any rate.
Hes good now, but man he was bad early on lolol