Given NXT's Massive Growth

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Do you think an NXT vs WWE PPV would be an awesome spectacle to take place some time after SummerSlam where it just feels like the months drag on until its Royal Rumble season? Like, the WWE have done this fairly recently when they did the Bragging Rights PPV but I just think switching it up to NXT vs WWE could be amazing.

What gives me hope that this would work is the way they booked Neville against Seth Rollins, the WWE champion of all people in just his second match on the main roster. Obviously it would have to be talents who are definitely going to the main roster in the future. Something like:

Cena > Zayn
Owens > Ziggler
Bryan > Itami

Obviously there's tons of other guys missing there to utilise, Orton/Balor etc etc. What do you think to the concept and if you would like to see it, what matches would you like to see happen?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Neville lost to Rollins and Ziggler, I see nothing but "being buried already" talk. Booking something like that would kind of kill the credibility of either side wouldn't it?

But I would like to see Balor vs Bryan and Itami vs Sheamus.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The matches would be amazing but it would be odd seeing any NXT talent going over so I don't know how well it would actually work.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Could just bring down a guy for a "special attraction" match for their specials.....Like old territory days when Andre or the NWA would come for a big show.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
I swear, even though its happened in the past in various versions, They could easily create an in house rivalry with NXT and WWE. Its genious, HHH vs Vince McMahon...Locker room brawls and shiz. It would be glorious.

Or, take NXT on the Road. I would definitely go to an NXT show if It came to my neck of the woods. The one I was able to attend was RIDICULOUSLY fun. Great experience, and they could easily do that again.

Jay

Reaction score
I would keep NXT guys as far away from the main roster as possible. I would treat NXT like an indy or another promotion. You don't want NXT guys losing to WWE guys before they go onto the main roster. It will be WWE v. WCW all over again. The reason why The Invasion Angle didn't work was because they didn't let WCW be strong. Vince won't let the NXT guys come in and be strong against Cena and company.

Now, if it were something like Nexus was where the people who are being called up form a stable and dominate, thats a different deal. But I don't think WWE v. NXT would work.

Weez

Reaction score
I gotta agree with Jay here. The reason NXT is special is BECAUSE it is separate... Although another "Nexus" angle could work. If you brought up like 4-5 of guys on NXT up to Talk about "The Future" on RAW.. Even using the Authority and HHH for it. Then have the Authority beat them the fuck down, have them go down to NXT and stew for a month or so, slow burn it on The Network, old enemies putting it behind them to "Get ahead" and grab the brass ring and all that Vince Jargon.. THEN do a Nexus style invasion angle... but you could have some of the guys already called up join join in.. a la the "WCW/ECW Alliance" ..

But again.. You'd just be rehashing shit again and again. And really.. who does NXT have that is gonna be the Wade Barrett?

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
I can defiantly see those points. It would be cool to see some sort of stable form as long as they had a leader of some kind. Without a leader and a direction, they would get torn to shred.s

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The likeliest scenario would be the guy who gets a win against a main roster guy would get smark resentment because it would look like WWE has big plans for them.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Dam those smarks...:batista2:

Weez

Reaction score
The likeliest scenario would be the guy who gets a win against a main roster guy would get smark resentment because it would look like WWE has big plans for them.
Well in that Anti-Authority angle, having a guy like Rollins jump ship and lead the newbies, showing the NXT guys how to get over and shit could work. OMG IWC " SEEE!! SETH CARES. PUTTING GUYS OVAR. PHUCK CENA. HHH BURIAL AMIRYT?"

Nevermind. That would exactly happen. Forget I said anything. fuck.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Well in that Anti-Authority angle, having a guy like Rollins jump ship and lead the newbies, showing the NXT guys how to get over and shit could work. OMG IWC " SEEE!! SETH CARES. PUTTING GUYS OVAR. PHUCK CENA. HHH BURIAL AMIRYT?"

Nevermind. That would exactly happen. Forget I said anything. fuck.

Ha! Love it