• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gina Carano fired by Lucasfilm

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor

Actress Gina Carano, known for playing former Rebel Alliance soldier Cara Dune on Disney's the Mandalorian, will no longer be on the show, according to io9.
In a statement sent to io9, a Lucasfilm representative spoke on the matter:
“Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Carano was the subject of much criticism recently when, in a now-deleted Instagram post, she compared being a modern-day Republican to being Jewish during the Holocaust. The hashtag #FireGinaCarano has trended on social media in recent months after other incendiary comments by the television and film star.

Carano has also been a vocally against the use of masks in public spaces during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as insinuating voter fraud conspiracies regarding the 2020 Presidential election.

Carano first appeared as Cara Dune in episode four of The Mandalorian season one, when she teamed up with the titular bounty hunter to protect a community against raiders using stolen Empire weaponry. She returned midway through season two/episode 12 to assist in destroying an Imperial base and later in episode 15 to help infiltrate a refinery.

This story is developing...

Jesus Christ Gina how stupid can you be to say such a thing. I really liked you in The Mandalorian and now you destroyed what Career you were building for yourself in Hollywood with these Comments.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Why can’t these people just shut up and not commit career suicide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
I don't get the mindset of people sometimes. She wakes up and says to herself I'm going to say this and I'm not gonna be punished for it. She clearly is in another reality as if this is Wandavision.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Celebrities being outed as Republican are ostracized by the loony Lefties tho.

You can almost get away with saying the hashtag is their oven :side:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Most Republicans aren't being ostracized for their views tbf. The views on religion, welfare, and fiscal responsibility/viability are pretty standard fare and boring. It is mostly the people who say outlandish things and things that are almost inconceivably horrible to say in any context.

So yeah, no sympathy whatsoever in this situation. As someone who believes the Holocaust to be the single worst human "achievement" in the entire history of this world, to compare it in such a crass manner deserves a backhand and a kick out the door.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Most Republicans aren't being ostracized for their views tbf. The views on religion, welfare, and fiscal responsibility/viability are pretty standard fare and boring. It is mostly the people who say outlandish things and things that are almost inconceivably horrible to say in any context.

So yeah, no sympathy whatsoever in this situation. As someone who believes the Holocaust to be the single worst human "achievement" in the entire history of this world, to compare it in such a crass manner deserves a backhand and a kick out the door.

Hello, I'm Earth! How are you today?

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
When you are a celebrity you need to realize you are representing companies etc.

I work in retail, I know if I post something under my name on social media that goes against what the company policy is I will be fired.

People's obsession with getting their viewpoints out is so weird in today's society.

Similar to kayfabe in wrestling, it was always cool to me when wrestlers kept in character. Now everyone needs to take hard stands that everyone knows about.

If you are a conservative right now you are an idiot sharing your opinions if they go against what society deems as acceptable. It's sad you can't voice your opinion, but you aren't being very practical.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Very McCarthyistic over how labels are used to make people disappear.

In this case. ...it was a tone deaf comparison.....on how a conservative is treated by certain liberals....paint with the "antisemitic" broad stroke and here we are.....almost proving her comparison to be closer to the truth than one would like to admit.

Quite odd how the Liberal have replaced the conservative Christian on who decides what's right and wrong and if you don't listen....fire and brimstone.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Sure, some are treated badly...but I mean :pull Jews were KILLED during the Holocaust, I don't see no one out here gathering up Republicans, putting them in camps. and killing them.

Sometimes SJW go a little bit to far, but this here was dumb as FUCK to say, and I honestly don't feel ad for her. :toomanykobes