• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick/Name “Stealing”

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Thinking of all the gimmicks/names that have been used by multiple wrestlers over the years, what is your position on it (as in are you for it, against it, depends)?

For example, in Flair’s case, it worked wonders and even though he wasn’t the first to have it, he’s the first I think of when I hear it. I think any generation of wrestling fans does the same.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Never really had much of a problem with it, I respect 'em more when they get permission or a blessing but if it's legal and you make it entertaining :draper2 you might have to be extra entertaining to fight off criticism for stealing it but if it works it works

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Never really had much of a problem with it, I respect 'em more when they get permission or a blessing but if it's legal and you make it entertaining :draper2 you might have to be extra entertaining to fight off criticism for stealing it but if it works it works

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

If you can make it work and be entertaining enough to get past any criticism, more power to you. Gotta do what you gotta do to get over in this business

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
If you wanna copy a famous Wrestler/Gimmick, at least try to be a bit creative with it and make it your own take on it. Blatantly copying someone, especially without their blessing, is just boring and bad.